News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

TWG 63: Second Chances

Started by Bird, January 07, 2014, 05:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vermilionvermin

The medium should still claim.  Yeah, we'll lose the Medium's power after Night 1, assuming his corpse gets mangled.

I'm willing to sacrifice that small, small chance of a medium having any huge impact on the game for an alliance and a guarantee that the vigis and seerings are used well.  We're talking about two killings controlled by humans in a game with four specials, not to mention however many seerings we get off.  I think it's fair to sacrifice the medium, which is by far the least useful of the four specials, for an alliance.

The_Subjective_Thought

Fine.

You've convinced me.

I'm the Medium.

I hope to kingdom come and back that you aren't a wolf.
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

mikey

Now that we all know you're the medium, what do we do with it?  And how do we make sure that the wolf assassin doesn't assassinate you?
unmotivated

fank009

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 09, 2014, 03:12:04 AMNow that we all know you're the medium, what do we do with it?  And how do we make sure that the wolf assassin doesn't assassinate you?
-we are supposed to claim (as verm said)
-we cant. (unless wolves want to improvise)

Verm, you DONT see the strength in a medium? and considering wolves have medium powers as well... not to mention, the medium can tell us "HOW MANY WOLVES ARE LEFT" in a stage of a game :/
Maybe I see the medium being more useful, but thats just my take.

I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

mikey

Quote from: fank009 on January 09, 2014, 04:12:24 AM-we are supposed to claim (as verm said)
-we cant. (unless wolves want to improvise)

Verm, you DONT see the strength in a medium? and considering wolves have medium powers as well... not to mention, the medium can tell us "HOW MANY WOLVES ARE LEFT" in a stage of a game :/
How does the medium tell us that?  Also I don't really see why wolves having medium powers would do anything.  Can't they just talk to the dead then?  So claiming to people would be a bad idea, because if they died the wolf could talk to them?
unmotivated

Mashi

NocturneOfShadow, it's expected that the Medium will be wolfed this Phase.  The Medium's Role is to act as an alliance head for this Phase to unite the Seer and Megakillers.

The Seer and Megakillers should claim to The_Subjective_Thought, anyway.  I don't think that the Wolves would be audacious enough to false claim, but if we're wary, I suggest claiming at least a few hours before the Phase ends so that The_Subjective_Thought can inform you all of your identities.

mikey

Oooh now I get it :D  wow that's a good idea.  So the seer can see people then if they're wolves the megakillers can kill them!  Now I get why having kills as humans is so good :D Thanks for clearing that up.  So a megakiller or seer should pm him.  What about humans?  Should we pm saying we're human or is that too hard to counterclaim?
unmotivated

Greg

You might as well tell him what you are if you're normal human.

Kman96

Quote from: fank009 on January 09, 2014, 04:12:24 AMVerm, you DONT see the strength in a medium? and considering wolves have medium powers as well... not to mention, the medium can tell us "HOW MANY WOLVES ARE LEFT" in a stage of a game :/
fank, I believe you have your roles confused. The medium is not able to tell how many wolves are left, they are simply able to freely communicate with dead players and/or allow one dead player to continuously partake in discussions. The SEER has the ability to trade in their power on any night and be able to see how many wolves are left (useless at this point), not the medium.

Quote from: Greg on January 09, 2014, 06:42:21 AMYou might as well tell him what you are if you're normal human.
Greg this is contradictory- we couldnt tell them anything else, because the humans are only told that they are human. We all have the possibility of being an Angel, a Millwright or Herring. All we can say is human, the rest is obvious.
Party Hard!
[close]

mikey

Quote from: Kman96 on January 09, 2014, 07:09:43 AMThe SEER has the ability to trade in their power on any night and be able to see how many wolves are left (useless at this point), not the medium.
This would explain my confusion.  So the seer is probably more important than the medium?  And if The_Subjective_Thought isn't the medium the real one better step up before the end of the day D:
unmotivated

Toby

I've claimed to TST, I'd suggest everyone else to do so too.

fank009

Quote from: Kman96 on January 09, 2014, 07:09:43 AMfank, I believe you have your roles confused.
I do have my roles confused, Note to self, dont make a "big post" when you are sleepy.

I still see some potential in the medium. but since TST has been outed...

apart of me thinks its telling asking for the medium to come out, but maybe im thinking too much on it.
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

The_Subjective_Thought

You make me sound like a closet case or something.
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: fank009 on January 09, 2014, 10:33:01 AMI still see some potential in the medium. but since TST has been outed...
The Medium's usefulness is generally reduced by the Wolf Corpse Mangler, especially the power to "allow one dead player to freely communicate in the thread." Still, in many cases, it can be helpful to have the opinions of dead people. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

The_Subjective_Thought

The medium potential use is really only a minimal impact as a communicator late game and as a counter to part of the wolf assassin.

Getting an alliance up is really the most beneficial thing I can do.

POKE IT WITH A STICK.