Arrangement Project (Paper Mario)

Started by Sebastian, January 17, 2014, 11:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

InsigTurtle

I guess now would be a good time to finish that gusty gulch that I started years ago, wouldn't it? :P
I guess I'll work on that...

Sebastian

Ok  ;D  (Pink Ok with you? [for your name])

FierceDeity

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on January 24, 2014, 03:26:30 AMChomp Attack - FierceDeity
-Clean up the rests in the last bar
-Put quarter note rests on beat 3 in bars 1 and 19
-I'm not sure if the constant 8vb is really necessary. Most of the time the lowest it would go is 2 ledger lines which is by no means difficult to read. Perhaps on the low G#s if you want.

The funny thing is, I actually fixed the rest stuff, but forgot to upload that to dropbox XD
As for the 8vb, yeah, I wasn't really sure either. I felt the same thing about the G#s being the main thing needing it, but I thought it might be a little overly complicated to just 8vb those small sections. I honestly feel like it's easier to read this way, but would you rather I just take out the 8vb entirely?

The Deku Trombonist

Yeah, I really don't think ledger lines are that hard to read. I'd even question the necessity for the G#s to have an 8vb but I guess that's personal preference.

The Deku Trombonist

Choooo choooooooooooo!!

K64 Train Ride - Zip

Sebastian

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on January 24, 2014, 03:26:30 AMDry Dy Ruins - mariolegofan
I'm really not sure at the moment, I'll have to think about it a bit more. This is a tough one to make work on piano.
Is that all that is wrong??

Edit: Paper Mario
Jade Jungle NEW!!!
[ZIP]

Original:

Sebastian

InsigTurtle

I'm just trying to find a way to write the solo in the beginning in a way that doesn't require tempo changes or writing 'ad lib'. It'll probably be a few days before I post it, since I'm rather busy.

The Deku Trombonist

I have an old arrangement of Bowser's Castle which I'll post when I've fixed it up.

Rosa: you can always write it like a cadenza like Olimar did in his arrangement of castle from yoshis island. Then if you want it to play nicely you can have hidden tempo changes and such.

InsigTurtle

I guess that could work out, but I don't actually know how to make cadenzas in Finale. Do you just hide the time signature and measure barlines?

Sebastian

Quote from: rosabellis on January 27, 2014, 03:42:41 PMI'm just trying to find a way to write the solo in the beginning in a way that doesn't require tempo changes or writing 'ad lib'. It'll probably be a few days before I post it, since I'm rather busy.
Ok :)

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on January 27, 2014, 03:52:12 PMI have an old arrangement of Bowser's Castle which I'll post when I've fixed it up.

Rosa: you can always write it like a cadenza like Olimar did in his arrangement of castle from yoshis island. Then if you want it to play nicely you can have hidden tempo changes and such.

Great! Could you give me some feedback on my arrangements (Dry Dry Ruins, Boo's Dance, Jade Jungle, etc.) ?

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: rosabellis on January 27, 2014, 05:25:21 PMI guess that could work out, but I don't actually know how to make cadenzas in Finale. Do you just hide the time signature and measure barlines?

You can make a giant bar of let's say 15/4 but have it display as 4/4 so it doesn't show a different time signature. You need full Finale (or someone else) to do it.

Sebastian

A Princess in Distress (Replcement) by NEW!!!
[ZIP]
Aaaaand another :)

Original: