News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Arrangement Project (Paper Mario)

Started by Sebastian, January 17, 2014, 11:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

A little feedback

A City in the Stars - JohnK
-Some formatting issues
-Umm..this song is in 3/4 and so probably needs a fair bit of reworking

Attack on the Koopa Bros. (Replacement) - DonValentino
-Still needs that tapping thing written out like I said earlier

Mt. Rugged - FierceDeity
-Did the harmonies ever get sorted out in this one?

FierceDeity

Quote from: FierceDeity on June 07, 2014, 07:48:25 PMTrue. Want me to just make it an appoggiatura on Eb?
(if so, I've updated the links haha)

Not on my computer right now, but I think I put that in there. Was there anything other than the last bar where I messed with the harmonies? I don't think there was, but I can check again later

Sebastian

Yo Deku.... Fierce and I looked over Boo's Dance.

The Deku Trombonist

It's an improvement. In the last bar of the first line (and similar bits) you could perhaps put a running arpeggio or something in there to better capture the feel. There are some enharmonic spelling things near the end but I'll get around to those later.

DonValentino

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on June 27, 2014, 02:52:38 AMAttack on the Koopa Bros. (Replacement) - DonValentino
-Still needs that tapping thing written out like I said earlier

Don't know if I said it before, but the thing is that I don't know how to write out a rhythm in a piano staff. I know how to create a percussion staff and hide it, that's what I did.

Could someone please explain me how to?

The Deku Trombonist

Ah right.

First you gotta make it so you can get percussion playback from the piano staff. Go to Window->ScoreManager. Click the ">" arrow where it says piano to expand the list out and then expand out both [Staff 1] and [Staff 2]. Then find "Layer 4" for both staffs and change the Sound property to something that you think sounds good.

Then write the rhythms that you want using the 4th layer in the bars at the end.

Then you need to change the noteheads so it looks like percussion notation. To do this, open up Tools->Advanced Tools->Special Tools->Note Shape. Make sure you've still got the 4th layer selected in the bottom left corner. Click in the note you want to change (you can only do one at a time). Then Right-Click->Edit... , uncheck the "Use default character" box and select another notehead to use. I think the one that looks like an "X" will probably be best.

Sebastian

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on June 30, 2014, 06:06:14 AMIt's an improvement. In the last bar of the first line (and similar bits) you could perhaps put a running arpeggio or something in there to better capture the feel. There are some enharmonic spelling things near the end but I'll get around to those later.
Is this needed for it to be accepted? If so, I guess I can try it...

DonValentino

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on June 30, 2014, 06:31:47 PMAh right.

First you gotta make it so you can get percussion playback from the piano staff. Go to Window->ScoreManager. Click the ">" arrow where it says piano to expand the list out and then expand out both [Staff 1] and [Staff 2]. Then find "Layer 4" for both staffs and change the Sound property to something that you think sounds good.

Then write the rhythms that you want using the 4th layer in the bars at the end.

Then you need to change the noteheads so it looks like percussion notation. To do this, open up Tools->Advanced Tools->Special Tools->Note Shape. Make sure you've still got the 4th layer selected in the bottom left corner. Click in the note you want to change (you can only do one at a time). Then Right-Click->Edit... , uncheck the "Use default character" box and select another notehead to use. I think the one that looks like an "X" will probably be best.

Thank you very much. Oh, I noticed you can select various notes in one bar and change them at once, instead of one at a time. :J

"Attack on the Koopa Bros." - MUS PDF MIDI

btw, is "Raphael the Raven" accepted yet?

The Deku Trombonist

Oh really? That didn't work on mine...

I'll check them tomorrow, I'm in a rehearsal at the moment.

DonValentino

Olimar12345

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on June 30, 2014, 06:31:47 PM(you can only do one at a time)

You can do entire bars at a time if you first click on the bar, then click and drag to select all of the boxes above the notes(that appear when you select a measure). Then just double click one, change it's note head and poof, they all change. :J
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DonValentino

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 01, 2014, 08:16:42 AMYou can do entire bars at a time if you first click on the bar, then click and drag to select all of the boxes above the notes(that appear when you select a measure). Then just double click one, change it's note head and poof, they all change. :J

Yesh :J

The Deku Trombonist

Sorry guys, I went ahead and got sick :-[ I'm on the mend now though

Sebastian

Maelstrom

I'm almost done with Angry Bower!!!  :D I'll have it up by tomorow night (hopefully). It might sound a little different than you might expect......

btw, how does a Bravely Default arrangement project sound?  "Only" 46 tracks, and each one is arrangeable. But most have a Bass Guitar and an Electric in addition to strings, so I'm not entirely sure how that will turn out.....