News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Arrangement Project (Paper Mario)

Started by Sebastian, January 17, 2014, 11:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nacho2420

Here's the Monty Moles Attack Petunia arrangement

Sebastian

Excellent Job, Nacho!

Soooooooooooo, it has been over a year since we started this thing. It would be nice to get an update for this soon. I know the updaters are extremely busy so to help them out we could help each other by fixing our arrangements to the BEST of are abilities. Then it won't take so much time for the Updaters to look through these.

Sebastian

Deku thought it'd be nice if we could look through all these arrangements on our own then it'd be less work for him when we're done.
We'll go in alphabetical order.

Sebastian

We'll skip City in the Stars for now :P

Number 1: Angry Bowser by Maelstrom

Anyfeedback on this one?
(Don't worry, I'll make all the edits even if it isn't my arrangement! :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-ApeT7K-Eg

Bloop

Lots of note beaming should be fixed in that one. Also, make sure notes and accidentals don't collide with each other (like m. 1, 11 and 16). All A#'s should be Bb's.

Sebastian

Quote from: Bloop on February 09, 2015, 08:18:41 AMLots of note beaming should be fixed in that one. Also, make sure notes and accidentals don't collide with each other (like m. 1, 11 and 16). All A#'s should be Bb's.
Ok! As well as the new url.

Maelstrom

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 09, 2015, 09:08:32 AMOn it.
Awesome! If there is anything else you see wrong, fix that too :)

Before we move onto the next song, We'll wait till Don says something about this one.
I would like Don and Bloop to comment on each song. :)

Maelstrom

Links are updated.

Quote from: Bloop on February 09, 2015, 08:18:41 AMAll A#'s should be Bb's.
Before I do this, could you explain why? I just don't get it, especially because it is in Em.

Bloop

The reoccurring chord is a Edim chord, so the 5th is diminished (B -> Bb).

Maelstrom

Duh. Why didn't I realize that. Will change that later today. Got to get some school done now. Anything else regarding the notes?

I didn't add in the "extra low guitar" simply because I could not accurately figure out the notes.

DonValentino

Thanks mlf

- Well, from measures 1 to 10, I'd go with nacho2420's version (the one from his medley, that is), mainly because of the bass. That "low guitar" is way more important to the song than the chords you have. Only things I'd change on his version: measures 6 and 10 are more accurate in mael's version, and

(I believe that is the correct beaming but I'm not entirely sure...)

- This song has veeeery weird rhythms, so maybe another look at the beaming would be convenient. I'm positive measures 29, 31 and 32 can be written better.

- Articulations, specially in the part that starts in measure 11.

- Dynamics won't hurt either. At least an f at the beginning.

- I haven't checked the accuracy of the chords in the LH from measure 11 and on, but seems to be ok.

- 27 to the end: RH an octave lower.

- Stupid nitpicky stuff: the "Angry Bowser" text at the top of page 2 is missing the last "

I guess that's all from me. :J

Bloop

I actually think sixteenth - dotted eighth (tie) dotted eighth - sixteenth works better. That way, the beats are visible

Maelstrom

Just a note: I originally arranged this before I had any grasp of note barring.
Quote from: DonValentino on February 09, 2015, 12:34:44 PM- Articulations, specially in the part that starts in measure 11.
- Dynamics won't hurt either. At least an f at the beginning.
Are you sure you are looking at the correct version? Both of these are present, although the articulations were only added in the most recent version.

edit: And yes, Bloop, that is how I would do it if I had noticed my mistake.

Sebastian

Thanks guys for helping with feedback! When you get all that fixed Mael, we'll move on to the next song! :)