News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Arrangement Project (Paper Mario)

Started by Sebastian, January 17, 2014, 11:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Quote from: Bloop on February 09, 2015, 12:40:14 PMI actually think sixteenth - dotted eighth (tie) dotted eighth - sixteenth works better. That way, the beats are visible

I thought that too, but I'm very very reticent to tie two dotted notes even in cases like this... Well, granted, I agree. I guess it's the best option.

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 09, 2015, 12:48:40 PMJust a note: I originally arranged this before I had any grasp of note barring. Are you sure you are looking at the correct version? Both of these are present, although the articulations were only added in the most recent version.

edit: And yes, Bloop, that is how I would do it if I had noticed my mistake.

Hmm apparently I was, my bad. All set then.

Maelstrom

Quote from: DonValentino on February 09, 2015, 01:24:45 PMHmm apparently I was, my bad. All set then.
Meaning everything is fixed, or just the things you mentioned
(After I rebar the first measure)

DonValentino

Just the articulations and dynamics part

Sebastian

Thanks for the feedback guys! When Maelstrom fixes that stuff, we'll move on! :)

Sebastian

Nvm....Maelstrom said we can move on while he reworks it.

Number 2.

• Attack on the Koopa Bros. (Replacement) - DonValentino - MUS | MIDI | PDF

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=195wFNSIgCs

Sebastian

This one looks perfect to me.....except for 2 things:

1. You need the new url.

2. No title on the top of the 2nd page.

Maelstrom

Nvm. Angry Bowser is fixed.
Links updated.

edit: wait I forgot the flats

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 10, 2015, 11:10:48 AMNvm. Angry Bowser is fixed.
Links updated.
Awesom! Great Work!

Any feedback on "Attack on the Koopa Bros?"

Maelstrom

Sebastian

DonValentino

Quote from: mariolegofan on February 10, 2015, 10:57:24 AMThis one looks perfect to me.....except for 2 things:

1. You need the new url.

2. No title on the top of the 2nd page.

1. Fix'd
2. Fix'd

Maelstrom

It's pretty good. Except the note beaming over rests is driving me crazy.

Bloop

Change all Eb's into D#'s, it gets rid of a lot of accidentals
Also, I'm thinking the key signature could better be A minor instead of A major. The bassline and melody are mostly in A minor

Sebastian

Quote from: Bloop on February 10, 2015, 11:47:21 AMChange all Eb's into D#'s, it gets rid of a lot of accidentals
Also, I'm thinking the key signature could better be A minor instead of A major. The bassline and melody are mostly in A minor
Watcha think done?

DonValentino

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 10, 2015, 11:42:26 AMIt's pretty good. Except the note beaming over rests is driving me crazy.

Is it bad?

Quote from: Bloop on February 10, 2015, 11:47:21 AMChange all Eb's into D#'s, it gets rid of a lot of accidentals

Hmm, yes, I understand, but take a look at "Hammer Bros." from Super Mario Bros. 3, on which is based: http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/2097, has lots of Ebs, but still major.

Also, Deku feedbacked this one some time ago and didn't say anything about the Eb's, just that I had a B sharp on measure 14 and had to change it to Eb flat too.