News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Friday's Featured Feature: Sheet archive improvements

Started by Jamaha, January 17, 2014, 11:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaha

Hi again! Jamaha here with Friday's Featured Feature Following the First. (Okay, these names are getting dumb. Not that it's going to stop me.)

This week brings some added features to the sheet archive. Currently, the arrangements can only be browsed by franchise. How about some other options? Sure! After this update these categories will be available in addition to browsing by series:

- Browse by console
- Browse by arranger
- Browse duets
- Browse arrangements for two pianos

People have requested the ability to browse the arrangements of an individual arranger. Consider that request fulfilled. Console listing wasn't exactly requested, but a fun little addition anyway. Also giving duets and two-piano arrangements their own categories should make it easier for people who are specifically searching for then.

Our old sheet database doesn't have any data regarding consoles, so the console category might seem rather bare for the time being. The console information has to be added manually so it'll take some time before all our games have found a proper console to call their home.

Unfortunately if you go check the site now, you don't see the changes anywhere. This is because this update is still somewhat work in progress. The actual changes happen tomorrow but I wanted to post about this today, as scheduled. This was mostly because this week was rather busy in regards to work and studies. Sorry about that.

Another update next week!

UPDATE: The changes are now live! The console listing is still incomplete, but it will be updated during the next few days.

UPDATE 2: Console listing is now done.

Sebastian




K-NiGhT

where is the browse thing? i can't find it for some reason.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Sebastian

Quote from: Jamaha on January 17, 2014, 11:47:26 AMUnfortunately if you go check the site now, you don't see the changes anywhere. This is because this update is still somewhat work in progress. The actual changes happen tomorrow but I wanted to post about this today, as scheduled. This was mostly because this week was rather busy in regards to work and studies. Sorry about that.



K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

Excellent update. This will make finding sheets a breeze. I have to wonder though, what about browse by composer? Is it necessary or not really?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

AWESOME
This is seriously great :D
I can get ALL the DekuTrombonist arrangments  8)
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

Yes, more people can now find my one arrangement on the site even easier now.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FireArrow

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 17, 2014, 12:52:38 PMExcellent update. This will make finding sheets a breeze. I have to wonder though, what about browse by composer? Is it necessary or not really?

I think the only real reason is because it isn't listed onsite, only on-sheet.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bubbles

Quote from: Jamaha on January 17, 2014, 11:47:26 AMOur old sheet database doesn't have any data regarding consoles, so the console category might seem rather bare for the time being. The console information has to be added manually so it'll take some time before all our games have found a proper console to call their home.
If you need help organizing or listing all the composers and games, I'm your girl. I'm a pro at mindless things like that that usually take hours

Cobraroll

Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Yugi

Why are "duet" and "two pianos" in the same section?

Jamaha


Yugi

Or browse our special arrangements:
Duets
For two pianos

A duet is for two pianos.

spitllama

"Duet" refers to 1 piano duet, vs. 2 pianos duet.

Perhaps it would be clearer for our non-forum-goers to specifically say "1 piano duet" and "2 pianos duet."
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012