News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

McDucky's Arrangements - Umineko: Eternity

Started by McDucky, February 20, 2014, 09:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McDucky

All sheets are for solo piano, unless otherwise specified.
Everything might not be up-to-date, so please let me know if something needs to be fixed.

RED = Not Started / Just Started
ORANGE = In Progress
PURPLE = Mostly done, but needs revision
BLUE = Done
GREEN = Submitted and approved

The sheets that were accepted to the main site are simply linked there. Use CTRL+F / CMD+F and search for the title.
------------------------
[PC] Long Live The Queen 
Spoiler

[PC/PS3] Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Spoiler
Eternity (久遠)
Spoiler
Dropbox
[close]
[close]

[SNES] Kirby Super Star / Kirby Fun Pak
Spoiler
Gourmet Race (Solo)
Spoiler
MUS
PDF
MID
[close]
[close]

[PC] Rogue Legacy
Spoiler
Castle (Traits Menu)
Spoiler
MUS
PDF
MID
[close]
[close]

[PC] The Binding of Isaac
Spoiler
Respite
Spoiler
MUS
PDF
MID
[close]

Sacrificial
Spoiler
MUS
PDF
MID
[close]
[close]

[PC][XBOX] The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Spoiler
Call of Magic (Main Theme)
Spoiler
MUS
PDF
MID
[close]
[close]

[PC] Dwarf Fortress
Spoiler
Dwarf Fortress
Spoiler
[close]

[PC]Team Fortress 2 
Spoiler
Rocket Jump Waltz
Spoiler
MID
MUS
PDF
[close]
[close]

[PC] Papers, Please
Spoiler
Main Theme
Spoiler
MID
MUS
PDF
[close]
[close]

[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Spoiler
Hilda's Theme
Spoiler
MUS
MID
PDF
[close]
[close]

[GBA, NDS, 3DS, iOS, Wii] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Spoiler
The Steel Samurai
Spoiler
MUS
PDF
MID
[close]
[close]

Please report broken links :)

DonValentino

Wow, that's some seriously beautiful music. Hi, welcome, and thanks for introducing me to these awesome songs. :)

Here's some feedback. Well, first of all, I must say these are pretty nice to be your first arrangements. Congrats!

On "Reprise":
- Do you think you will be able to add the second voice and the right hand chords?
- On measure 15, you should add a ritardando.
- The right hand, from measure 17 to the end is one octave higher.

On "Introduction":
- Right hand is one octave higher until measure 9.
- All the C#'s should be Db's, and the F#, Gb.
- On measure 17 you put an unnecessary measure. The main melody starts on measure 17 already, on the second beat. That little pause is just expressive when performing the song.

Formatting on both arrangements: I'd recommend not to leave that huge gap between the title and the score, and between staves. Also, avoid including those staves (like bars 21 or 22 from "Introduction") with only two measures. It makes the score look, well, "not very clean". Also, the title and the "Arrangement by McDucky" should be in bold, and the name of the name as well as the "Unknown composer" should be in italic.

That's what I found at first look. Too bad about the composer btw, I couldn't find anything either. Hope someone does.
Looking forward to see more of your arrangements! :D

McDucky

Quote from: DonValentino on February 20, 2014, 10:56:48 AMWow, that's some seriously beautiful music. Hi, welcome, and thanks for introducing me to these awesome songs. :)

Here's some feedback. Well, first of all, I must say these are pretty nice to be your first arrangements. Congrats!

On "Reprise":
- Do you think you will be able to add the second voice and the right hand chords?
- On measure 15, you should add a ritardando.
- The right hand, from measure 17 to the end is one octave higher.

On "Introduction":
- Right hand is one octave higher until measure 9.
- All the C#'s should be Db's, and the F#, Gb.
- On measure 17 you put an unnecessary measure. The main melody starts on measure 17 already, on the second beat. That little pause is just expressive when performing the song.

Formatting on both arrangements: I'd recommend not to leave that huge gap between the title and the score, and between staves. Also, avoid including those staves (like bars 21 or 22 from "Introduction") with only two measures. It makes the score look, well, "not very clean". Also, the title and the "Arrangement by McDucky" should be in bold, and the name of the name as well as the "Unknown composer" should be in italic.

That's what I found at first look. Too bad about the composer btw, I couldn't find anything either. Hope someone does.
Looking forward to see more of your arrangements! :D

Thank you :D 
I'll fix the format. It's because I use MuseScore, so I converted to music XML, loaded it into Finale and saved as .MUS. It didn't save all the formatting of the text.
The PDF should be correct though :)
The dev said she couldn't disclose details on where she got the music from because of licensing agreements.

DonValentino

You're welcome. ;)

Yeah, I supposed you used another program. I don't say you shouldn't use MuseScore, but I'd recommend having Finale Notepad 2012 too, which is free, because is useful here at NSM. You can find it in Finale's official website.

I also fixed the .mus of "Introduction", hope you don't mind. :)

MUS

Yugi

yes 

yes

yes

this is delicious

I'll have a look at them when I get home from school, but other people are saying that they're good so.

McDucky

Quote from: DonValentino on February 20, 2014, 11:55:57 AMYou're welcome. ;)

Yeah, I supposed you used another program. I don't say you shouldn't use MuseScore, but I'd recommend having Finale Notepad 2012 too, which is free, because is useful here at NSM. You can find it in Finale's official website.

I also fixed the .mus of "Introduction", hope you don't mind. :)

MUS
I've fixed them and added right hand chords as well as a second voice. It's late here and I need to figure out how to do things in Finale, so I'll upload it tomorrow.
Try the game, it's the best "Pink Pretty Princess" game you'll ever play; there's a demo on the website.

DonValentino

Sure, take all the time you need. Actually, it looks pretty interesting, might try it after all. :)

McDucky

Ugh, Finale is so fiddly  ???
I'll be back in a few years, when I've gotten used to it.

DonValentino

Yeah at first it's kinda complicated to use xD

But with practice it sure makes work easier and faster. If you have any question about its use, please ask. :)

McDucky

DonValentino

Hmm... You see, piano arrangements have 2 staves (4 if you have a duet) so staff 1 and 2 should be merged in a single one.

To add multiple voices without adding more staves in case you need them, here's a tip: look at the bottom left corner of the Finale window and you'll see numbers 1 to 4. Those are the number of extra voices you can add. Click on one and you can insert notes in the same measure without needing to add another staff. :)

I'm going to take care of this one too, if you don't mind. ;)
I'll put the link in a moment.

McDucky

DonValentino

Oh no, don't worry, it's perfectly fine. We all made mistakes when we started.

Here it is: MUS

There we go. Oh, and btw, while I was doing it, I noticed that some notes you added made the song unplayable (not everyone can play a Eb and an octave-higher F), so instead, if it's 99.99% unplayable, which is the case, you can either put the Eb one octave higher or better remove it from the score. In this case, writing the full chords works like a charm, and it sounds more accurate. :)

Another tip: This is just personal taste, but I don't like Finale's Grand Piano soundfont and I prefer the Bright Piano one. Either way, to change instruments, click on "Window", then "Score Manager" and below "Sound", click the instrument name, then "MakeMusic GM" and you can choose between 128 different instruments.

Also, just curiosity, but what instrument do you play?

McDucky

It's a bit bizzare, but I play the piano.
Looks very good ;)
Now I'll try to get "Introduction" right.

DonValentino

Thanks, glad you liked it. ;)
And no it's not bizarre xD

If you have any question, feel free to ask.