News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Correct Notation?

Started by MasterProX, March 22, 2014, 11:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holland_oates89

Probably the clearest way to do this is to write "Gradually more legato" as italic text above the system where you start to change from staccato to legato. You can create this as a text expression under the "technique text" category in Finale. If we're talking more than a couple measures, I'd also recommend using a "simile" expression - that way, you don't have to worry about which articulations to use. Simply put in one measure's worth of staccato dots, then use "simile" so that you don't have to keep using them, and then one measure later, add the "gradually more legato" expression. Then, if you want, you could use the tenuto articulations (the little lines that go below the notehead) to indicate when the performer is supposed to be playing fully legato.
I work for MakeMusic! Please do ask me for help with Finale! Please don't ask me for special discounts, secret information, or bug fixes.

Disclaimer: The views expressed from me are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer!