News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Main Menu

The Super Mario Topic

Started by SlowPokemon, April 07, 2014, 09:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite game in the Mario & Luigi series?

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

SlowPokemon

Hey! I just realized we have no general thread for talking about the Super Mario series, so here's one if you have any news or thoughts about any of the games. Any Mario game can be talked about here, just be sure to mark spoilers!

Anyway, I just beat Superstar Saga on my Wii U--in the past, I had been able to get to the final boss, but had never beaten it before. It's a really tough fight! With that, I can finally say I've beaten all games in the Mario & Luigi series.

With the recent re-release of this game, I thought a good poll to start us off would be about the Mario & Luigi series. My personal favorite is the most recent one, Dream Team. Go ahead and vote! And is anyone else planning on buying Superstar Saga on Wii U?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DonValentino

Hmm, my favorites were Superstar Saga and Partners in Time, but I think I prefer SS a little more. Anyways, as much as I like it, I don't actually think I'll buy it for the VC, since I've replayed it on the GBA like 15 times back then hehe.

Echo

Superstar Saga and Dream Team are very close for me. Leaning toward Superstar Saga for now, but Dream Team will always stand out since I love Luigi, and the battle theme in the dream world's just too catchy.

Don't really see the point in getting the GBA games if I ever get a Wii U, since I still have my old ones, as well as a GB player. The only one that was announced that interested me was Advance Wars, but there's no multiplayer on the VC games. :(

mikey

SMS and SMG are the best of the bunch
But SMB 1 2 and 3 get the nostalgia points for me.
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

I'll be getting all of three of the released GBA games, as those are all one which I missed but have played the rest of their series.

On the topic of Mario in RPG form, I have yet to play Superstar Saga, but I must say Dream Team is probably the best of the other three I've played.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

fingerz

Thanks, Slow! Now I've got to choose, thanks to you! :P

I love them all very much! I suppose my favourite is Partners in Time because of its darker theme and the fact that the final boss phase was insanely fun. Plus, leveling up was a breeze. ;)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

braix

Quote from: fingerz on April 07, 2014, 05:45:17 PMI suppose my favourite is Partners in Time because of its darker theme and the fact that the final boss phase was insanely fun. Plus, leveling up was a breeze. ;)

I loved that game...
But I gived up on the bosses so many times. So frustrating.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SlowPokemon

All of the Mario & Luigi games are easy enough if you just keep up on your grinding. Don't skip any enemies or you'll regret.

And then you have the final Cackletta. I was OVERLEVELED when I got to her and it was still ridiculously hard. Hardest fight in the series in my opinion.

Everyone seems to hate the final boss of Partners in Time but I never had serious trouble with it...

JDMEK5

So uh, what about us people who've never really played the Mario & Luigi series?..
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Nebbles

I've only played Partners in Time and Dream Team, though I should definitely play the others... Dream Team is a blast though, and I really love the music.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Dream Team is the best in my opinion but Bowser's Inside Story is great if only for the ridiculous writing. They're all great games though and if you have a Wii U and are interested in trying the series, there's no reason not to buy Superstar Saga on the eShop. It's $7.99.

Echo

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 11, 2014, 11:28:34 PMSo uh, what about us people who've never really played the Mario & Luigi series?..

Well then, you should fix that.

Maelstrom

My ranking of the Mario & Luigi series

1. Super Star Saga -- Incredible. It had a sense of charm and originality none of the other games has come close to.  And that final boss....
2. Bowser's Inside Story. -- Easily the second best. Also original and fresh and you get to play as Bowser! But the final boss was a pushover

3. Partners in Time -- I had high expectations of this game, but they were never met. The story had few of the twists that the others had, and just felt bland.

4. Dream Team -- I want to like this game, but there is just too much filler, a bland story, and hand-holding to the max.

SlowPokemon

Partners in Time is actually a better game than BIS, and Superstar Saga is the least good of the bunch. Nice try though

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 12, 2014, 04:27:42 AMin my opinion

breh.

Final boss of the original was pretty fun once you figured out the attack patterns.  I really enjoyed that it was challenging not only as a strategy game but also with the quick timing you had to have for dodging.

I still haven't finished Bowser's Inside Story, and thus haven't acquired Dream Team yet, and it's been a long time since I played Partners in Time plus I only played through it once so I don't recall too much besides the last boss being fun :P

me irl
[close]