News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Recommend me some NES games.

Started by Wolf, June 02, 2014, 12:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Quote from: wolf on June 03, 2014, 11:02:18 PMAnd by the way, SMB2 has kind of a mixed opinion. Some people like it, some people hate it. But the reason it was very different from the rest of the Mario games was because SMB2 was actually a Japanese game called Doki Doki Panic. (i'm not sure if the spelling is correct) But in the USA, it was released by the name of super Mario bros 2. While the real 2 only being released in Japan. But later it was released on Super Mario All-stars. I think some of you already know about this, right? or am I the only one?
I knew.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

Quote from: wolf on June 03, 2014, 11:02:18 PMWell I might as well try circus caper. And by the way, SMB2 has kind of a mixed opinion. Some people like it, some people hate it. But the reason it was very different from the rest of the Mario games was because SMB2 was actually a Japanese game called Doki Doki Panic. (i'm not sure if the spelling is correct) But in the USA, it was released by the name of super Mario bros 2. While the real 2 only being released in Japan. But later it was released on Super Mario All-stars. I think some of you already know about this, right? or am I the only one?

Lol you're on a site of video game nerds-there are probably more people here that know that than people who don't. d:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Crazy Hand

I might be too late, but if you want an easy one, I would recommend Kirby's adventure. (it's the only NES game I've actually beaten...)

blueflower999

From what hasn't been posted already:

Spoiler
Balloon Fight
Battletoads
Every Mega Man
Mother 1/EarthBound Zero if you can find a pirated copy or are using an emulator
DuckTales
Dr. Mario
Blaster Master
The Adventures of Lolo 1-3 (Excellent puzzle games)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1-3 (Not so much 1, but 2-3 are excellent beat 'em ups)
Dragon Quest 1-4
[close]
Bulbear! Blueflower999

mikey

Darn I was gonna say Adv. of Lolo II and TMNT but Slow beat me to 'em
Also Arkanoid and Elevator Action
Tomorrow I'll dig through my pile of NES games to find my favorites
unmotivated

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

YouAreNotATadpole

Rockin' Kats (I thought this game was exceedignly awesome when I was a kid. not sure if it still holds up, be I'm sure its worth checking out)

Battle City

Mighty Bomb Jack

Spartan X (a little short, but its a classic... I think...)

And of course some classics (thought not all good) to find the origin of popular Nintendo characters

Ice climbers

Donkey Kong 1

Donkey Kong 2

Super Mario Bros.  (the arcade game, not the side-scroller)

Wrecking crew (one of the weirdest mario games)

Kid Icarus

And Wild Gunman if you want a better understanding of the arcade scene in Back to the Future 2

SlowPokemon

Quote from: YouAreNotATadpole on June 05, 2014, 08:51:06 PMSuper Mario Bros.  (the arcade game, not the side-scroller)

Assuming you mean what I think you mean, you're referring to Mario Bros., not Super Mario Bros.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Petpetfood

Some more obscure ones that I consider to be hidden gems are:

Gimmick! (Platformer)
Akumajō Special: Boku Dracula-kun (Platformer) [for the famicon]
Clash at Demonhead (Action)
Shadowgate (Point and click adventure)
Uninvited (Point and click adventure)
Street Fighter 2010 (Fighter platformer) [the title has nothing to do with the game...]
Wario's Woods (Puzzle)
Snake rattle n' roll (Platformer)
Gremlins 2 (Action) [One of my favorites, magnificent OST as well]
Zombie Nation (Shoot em' up)
Batman: The video game (Platformer)