The Kremling Kampaign: King K Rool for Super Smash Bros. DLC!

Started by DonValentino, July 07, 2014, 11:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

Quote from: DonValentino on July 08, 2014, 04:04:51 AMAdding K Rool would be balancing, why do you think it's oversaturating the roster? Some clones were oversaturating, but K Rool? He is a unique character with a unique personality and a unique moveset that no existing fighter has. If you have battled against him, you should know that he isn't slow and bulky at all, in fact he's surprisingly agile for his girth, what would differentiate him even more from the current heavyweights in Smash. He would be a relatively fast heavyweight with long-ranged attacks such as the crown or the blunderbuss, and the closest thing to that we have in a heavyweight is Dedede's minion throw. If you just see him in the three Country games you can get a convincing moveset easily.

I have seen him in the three Country games, lol. However, a boss moveset and "stats" will not work for a fighting game character. You can't have a speedy powerhouse, no matter how much of one he may be in his original games. You'd either have to severely lower his damage output, or his speed, and both would be unrealistic for his "character". You do realize Dedede isn't slow as fuck in his games either, right? He races you, for god's sake. As for K. Rool's "unique" moveset...a boomerang attack? A gun? How would these be unique in any way other than their skins? Simple projectiles like these have never really been the selling points of their characters, and I really can't see them doing so for K. Rool. There's more to making a character viable in a fighting game than "Look at all these potential moves of his that we could rip from other games!"

Also, my main point that you seem to have completely ignored:
Quote from: FierceDeity on July 07, 2014, 07:28:17 PMPersonally, I wouldn't mind seeing him. He's the main villain from multiple of my all-time favorite games, after all. But you have to understand that Nintendo's trying to balance between pandering to older, long-time fans, and remaining relevant to the younger generation, without oversaturating the roster.

Oh, and blueflower, I'm pretty sure Nintendo retained the rights to all characters from the Donkey Kong universe.

DonValentino

No, I haven't ignored that, in fact I've responded:

Quote from: DonValentino on July 08, 2014, 04:04:51 AMAdding K Rool would be balancing, why do you think it's oversaturating the roster?

But I also tried to respond when you said that you wanted to see convincing moves/stats. I referred to the boss battles mainly for the moveset, but the speed could also be added with less power and other things, in fact look at Little Mac, he's very fast and strong, but terrible in the air. Something similar could be done with K Rool.

I don't really get it when you say that there's "more to making a character viable" or all about the balancing. What's exactly your point with that? Does K Rool lack of something that announced newcomers or veterans have?

Yup blueflower, what Fierce said, Nintendo kept everything Donkey Kong-related made by Rare. That's why we saw Kremlings in games like Super Mario Sluggers, Brawl, or recently in Smash Run.

Speaking about Smash Run, a "big Kremling" (said a Nintendo rep) is going to appear as a miniboss in Smash Run, like Bonkers. All these things do nothing but increase K Rool's chances.

Dude

...So doesn't that mean he isn't playable if he's a mini-boss? -_-

I'll say this again, Ugh.

DonValentino

Haha nice try! But think about it for a second.

First, do you think a final boss, leader of an entire army comparable to the Koopa Troop, is gonna be a simple roaming mini-boss? It's like having Bowser or Dedede compared to Bonkers...

Second, the Nintendo rep said he saw a "big Kremling" as a mini-boss, but wasn't sure about its name because he wasn't familiar with the Kremlings, he didn't know if it was K Rool either. Now let's suppose it was K Rool: Do you think he would still say "big Kremling"? If it had been K Rool, don't you think he would have said something like "the Kremling king" or "a Kremling with a crown/cape"? It's obvious that that Kremling didn't have any distinctive characteristics, it was just "a big Kremling", meanwhile K Rool is at the very least more memorable for the obvious reasons I said.

Third, there are Kremlings even bigger than K Rool, or at least his same size more-less: Krusha, Klump, Kudgel, Kludge, Kerozene, Klubba... And all those would fit perfectly as mini-bosses, while K Rool simply wouldn't.

So chances that that Kremling is actually K Rool are 0%-0.01%. :J

Dude

First, Porky says hi.

Second, I don't even.

Third, status-wise he's the biggest/top/whatever.

So chances that that Kremling is actually K Rool are more around 66% or greater.

Yugi

Sebastian

Yugi

FierceDeity

Who cares about the DLC part, tripping removed, praise sakurai

Also, this article doesn't actually guarantee there won't be DLC, haha. He says there are currently no plans, and he's currently concerned with making it the best he can. It's still absurdly unlikely though, I'd say.

DonValentino

Quote from: Dude on July 09, 2014, 03:13:33 PMFirst, Porky says hi.

Second, I don't even.

Third, status-wise he's the biggest/top/whatever.

First, Porky was a boss, not a mini-boss. I never said K Rool couldn't be a boss.

Second, that is relevant.

Third, so what? Go to first.

Quote from: Yugi on July 10, 2014, 01:43:06 AMI used the wrong link WHOOPS

This was what I meant to link.

As I said, I'm pretty positive K Rool is already in the game, maybe as a boss or a hidden character. I never cared about DLC and I didn't make the campaign, I'm just spreading the word so K Rool can gain more popularity.

Sebastian

Quote from: DonValentino on July 10, 2014, 02:49:54 AMAs I said, I'm pretty positive K Rool is already in the game, maybe as a boss or a hidden character. I never cared about DLC and I didn't make the campaign, I'm just spreading the word so K Rool can gain more popularity.
Agreed

FierceDeity

Quote from: DonValentino on July 10, 2014, 02:49:54 AMI never cared about DLC and I didn't make the campaign, I'm just spreading the word so K Rool can gain more popularity.

Quote from: DonValentino on July 07, 2014, 12:08:12 PMActually, this is for K Rool DLC if he doesn't appear at first.

lol.

Dude

this has gone on too long when is this going to be closed

this topic is just so pointless and stupid

just ugh