Site Upgrade

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 05, 2014, 04:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Today we have the first part of a site upgrade!

Most of the changes are behind the scenes, with the biggest change being a newly restructured database. For the computer nerds out there reading this, we've moved to a relational database model which is easier to maintain and upscale/modify as needed. What this basically means is that in the end it's easier to add new series and consoles and easier to add/edit sheets.

As part of today's upgrade, you'll also notice that the arranger list is now up to date (which a number of you have been asking for). This, as well as other lists will be dynamically updated from now on, so as soon as you've got your first sheet on the site, your name will magically appear on the list. You can edit your arranger name through your forum profile which will effect anywhere your name appears on the site.

If you see any issues, please let me know and I'll try and fix them as soon as possible. Happy NSMing!

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DonValentino

Great! :J

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 05, 2014, 08:30:01 AMOH YEAH!!

Captain Olimar would be very proud indeed!

But tbh if Tales and Harvest Moon have a section, I must say that Earthbound/Mother deserves a standalone section too.

The Deku Trombonist

I was thinking about that but for some reason I never got around to it. I'll do it now.

Maelstrom

I just thought of something! How much work would it be to make all the arranger names on the side of the normal browsing list of sheets thing to link to the rest of their arrangements?

The Deku Trombonist

Yep, that can be done pretty easily.

Yugi

Can we remove the dead sections, such as Metal Gear Solid and Dragon Quest?

braix

we need a link to ninsheetm.us/browse on the main page
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

And with all the paper mario ones coming maybe a section for that would be nice...

Yugi

I don't see why Paper Mario songs don't fall under the mario category.

It's like making a Xenoblade section even though Xenoblade is only one game.

JDMEK5

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 05, 2014, 07:29:51 PMAnd with all the paper mario ones coming maybe a section for that would be nice...
That's under Super Mario. (Which you already knew.) Rue the day we make individual sections for individual games/miniseries.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Jamaha

Quote from: zoroark1264 on October 05, 2014, 07:29:03 PMwe need a link to ninsheetm.us/browse on the main page

There already is one, as "Sheet Music" in the navigation bar. Unless I'm misunderstanding something here.

braix

Quote from: Jamaha on October 05, 2014, 09:58:47 PMThere already is one, as "Sheet Music" in the navigation bar. Unless I'm misunderstanding something here.
okay
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

The Deku Trombonist

Removing dead sections? No.

As for splitting up current sections, I don't really see what the problem is. Potential series like Mario Kart or Paper Mario already have over 60 sheets each, and that's only going to increase. Why does everything have to be kept in as few giant sections as possible anyway?

Quote from: JDMEK5 on October 05, 2014, 07:34:37 PMRue the day we make individual sections for individual games/miniseries.
Is it really that bad? Wow, they're only sections...

Winter

I swear I swear I swear when I have stability in my life, you guys get me back. But I'm so happy that the site is flourishing in my absence as well! Amazing!