News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Introducing Our New Submissions System

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 15, 2014, 02:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Hi everyone! Today it's my pleasure to bring you our NSM's new automated submission system.

Over the past few months I've been developing our new submission system. It's main feature is that everything is automated, from submitting sheets, to accepting them and even an update queue. It should make the lives of our updaters a bit easier as we are no longer tied down with large submission threads. Our updaters also have a nice new sheet admin which means they can things on the site much more easily.

You can access all this from the new button in the forum's menu bar entitled "NSM Panel."

Have fun!

DonValentino

Cobraroll

Now this looks like great news. There are, unfortunately, many examples of great sheets having been lost in long-since-deserted submission threads out there. The reviewing/uploading process has always been the great bottleneck of NSM, so I hope this speeds it up a bit.

I think I made a "reviving the sheets" project waaaaaay back when, trying to gather the remaining lost sheets in a single place for fix-ups and submitting. As far as I recall, it faded into obscurity after a while, though. Maybe a revival is in order?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

The Deku Trombonist

Hey Cobra! You should pop by more often, we've missed you

Yep, I remember that thread, that's going back quite a while. But I agree, it's definitely worth reviving the revival thread.

Cobraroll

It seems like the forum has been restructured a bit since I was last active, and I cant remember where I put that thread.

Oh well, might as well make an entirely new one. I didn't rehost any of the old sheets, and I guess the various links have all expired by now. Any suggestions as to how to do it?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

The Deku Trombonist

http://forum.ninsheetm.us/index.php?topic=4781.0

There was that thread, but I thought perhaps there was another thread?

I'm not really sure how to do it. Many of the mediafire links have disappeared thanks to their over-enthusiastic deletion of files. If you make the topic in the Arrangements & Submissions board I'll sticky it for you.

Maelstrom

This is incredible. And awesome!

edit: do the songs already accepted for the last update still get in? Will I have to submit them, or will you or olimar?

Olimar12345

Anything currently accepted is fine. You will not have to resubmit those.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

This is fun, though I suppose this removes the need for the actual arrangers' threads outside of people wanting immediate feedback.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

The Deku Trombonist

Not really. There is a limit of 2 submissions at the moment (it can be easily changed) which still means threads are needed. Also, there are people who arrange for other instrumentations or not for the site who might also want to share their arrangements.

It's essentially the same as an update thread, except without the constraints of having to go through all of it at once.

Bloop

I (and certainly others) still have sheets in the old submission thread that haven't been accepted yet, do we have to resubmit those?

Sebastian

So what about the arrangement project
Cool new system :)

Sebastian

Anyone else having a problem with this?
I uploaded a midi mus and pdf but every time I click submit it says " No midi uploaded" it's starting to make me mad.....
Need help!

Meloetta

Is there any way to shrink the PDF size through some program or raise the attachment size limit? It's asking for 128kb or so, and my PDF alone is 133kb :(
-Meloetta (ASCAP)
Composer, Arranger, and Orchestrator
...and lover of Arizona Green Tea :p