News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Introducing Our New Submissions System

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 15, 2014, 02:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

In a way it's even more awesome bragging rights because it's like "yeah me and bloop were in that secret society of arrangers so incredible they had to disband it"
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 20, 2014, 07:58:22 AMAnd you guys don't need a title for bragging rights, let your quality arrangements do that for you!  ;)
True, but it would be nice. It was a good motivation (for me anyway) to work to. But now that Vets. are gone.....what is there to work up to?

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 20, 2014, 08:05:48 AMIn a way it's even more awesome bragging rights because it's like "yeah me and bloop were in that secret society of arrangers so incredible they had to disband it"
He's got a point...

Olimar12345

Well you know, there's always the satisfaction of providing quality sheet music to the general public for free. People love what we do, whether or not you physically see it or not.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bloop

Quote from: mariolegofan on October 20, 2014, 08:25:45 AMTrue, but it would be nice. It was a good motivation (for me anyway) to work to. But now that Vets. are gone.....what is there to work up to?
I personally didn't work to it, and I don't think it was a thing to work onto. We're not arranging for a VA status, we're arranging for the site. Site is love, site is life.

Sebastian

Quote from: Bloop on October 20, 2014, 08:33:11 AMI personally didn't work to it, and I don't think it was a thing to work onto. We're not arranging for a VA status, we're arranging for the site. Site is love, site is life.
Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 20, 2014, 08:29:31 AMWell you know, there's always the satisfaction of providing quality sheet music to the general public for free. People love what we do, whether or not you physically see it or not.
I know guys! :)
I really like making people happy and providing arrangements from their favorite games :).....but nevertheless it was still a good motivational goal......for me anyway :)

Maelstrom

Quote from: Bloop on October 20, 2014, 08:33:11 AMWe're not arranging for a VA status, we're arranging for the site.
Which is why we need more updaters so more arrangements can make it onto the site.
circular reasoning

Olimar12345

Well now you've taken that quote out of it's context.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

One thing to note: Most people will chose to review arrangements they are familiar with. It's not wrong, but it will be annoying to get more obscure pieces onto the site and help out that "Other" section

edit: Think of it like the request board.

braix

I feel like this isn't affecting me much if not at all, because I'm arranging more for my practice than for the site.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Maelstrom

And maybe add an incentive for replacing terrible sheets on the site, like everyone gets a free challenge arrangement. And maybe have an extra reward for those really bad sheets, like Angry Bowser and The Halberd.  idk if this would take too much work, but Deku/Olimar could compile a list of really bad arrangements with a bounty for each. People could claim them, etc. This would probably take too much work, but if it replaces "The Halberd," it's a success. 

Sebastian

Wow.....this got out of control....fast :P

DonValentino

Quote from: maelstrom. on October 20, 2014, 09:14:21 AMWhich is why we need more updaters so more arrangements can make it onto the site.
circular reasoning

I don't know if more updaters, but we surely need more people like Olimar or Deku who could give official approval on whether an arrangement is accepted or not. And the VA arranger status could be given to that people.

Granted, this system is a lot cleaner and simpler to the arranger, but I can totally see the arrangements being accepted at the same rate as with the old system, since Deku or Olimar still have to go through all the submissions to see if everything's correct. I'm just putting my two cents though.

Cobraroll

Quote from: DonValentino on October 20, 2014, 12:14:28 PMGranted, this system is a lot cleaner and simpler to the arranger, but I can totally see the arrangements being accepted at the same rate as with the old system, since Deku or Olimar still have to go through all the submissions to see if everything's correct. I'm just putting my two cents though.

Well, this is theoretically where the Veteran Arrangers could have played a role. Or, well, everybody can, regardless of their membership status.

Folks, we've got a big subforum for submitted sheets now, where everybody can discuss each individual submission. We can all go in there, look at the sheets, and voice our opinion on whether or not the submitted sheet is up to standard, pointing out the flaws, etc. If a respected and format-savvy arranger says "this is good enough" in big, bold letters, uploaders like Deku and Olimar could choose to trust the judgment of that person, and accept it after a quick glance. Likewise, if the sheet is turned down by a veteran or two, Deku and Olimar wouldn't have to bother checking the sheet. The Submissions Board allows for everybody to voice their opinion on very specific sheets, give feedback, and I'm pretty sure the uploaders will take the feedback into account when going through the queue.

In a regular arrangement thread, arrangers might put up five or ten sheets at a time, meaning that individual sheets won't enjoy much attention unless they're really well-known themes or otherwise particularly well done. In Submissions, however, there's only ONE sheet per thread. Each thread is dedicated to that song and that alone. A perfect format for feedback.

The Submissions board can be a great tool if we all start using it. Sure, Deku and Olimar have the main responsibility and carry the Official Stamp of Approval, but that doesn't mean they have to do all the checking alone. We're allowed ot voice our opinion too, and I know plenty of people here are as just as competent as D&O when it comes to judging sheets. You don't have to be an uploader to spot mistakes in formatting, or the lack thereof. And with the aid of your judgement, D&O can get their job done faster. Which means more uploads.

I hope to see you all in the Submissions board!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

FireArrow

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 20, 2014, 07:58:22 AMAnd you guys don't need a title for bragging rights, let your quality arrangements do that for you!  ;)

I'm smiling right now because of how corny this is. :J
Your right, but I mean, this could be a plot line for a Disney Movie.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department