News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Latios212's Arrangements - NEW! Pokémon X/Y, Atelier Sophie (3/9/24)

Started by Latios212, January 21, 2015, 06:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Awesome!
For hearing notes, I recommend using a song "slow downer."
I have one built in to my MP3 player but there are some around. If you have an apple device you'll find one with ease in the App Store :)

Latios212

Hmm.... I do see what you mean about overdoing it with the note placement.  I cut the 8th notes out when I heard the lower part of the music pause.  Slowing down the music does help a lot.  Still, those arpeggios are hard for me even after spending an hour or two trying to decipher them :( I need to get better at ear training.  There are probably still problems with the sheet (links updated) but it's the best I can do for now.  Welp.  Heading out for class.  Be back later.  Leave help if you can.

[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original]
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on February 02, 2015, 11:56:45 AMHmm.... I do see what you mean about overdoing it with the note placement.  I cut the 8th notes out when I heard the lower part of the music pause.  Slowing down the music does help a lot.  Still, those arpeggios are hard for me even after spending an hour or two trying to decipher them :( I need to get better at ear training.  There are probably still problems with the sheet (links updated) but it's the best I can do for now.  Welp.  Heading out for class.  Be back later.  Leave help if you can.

[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original]
I'll help you again! I love to help!
But I'm gonna be on my computer again today so I'll help you tomorrow :)

Latios212

Quote from: mariolegofan on February 02, 2015, 07:34:17 PMI'll help you again! I love to help!
But I'm gonna be on my computer again today so I'll help you tomorrow :)

Whenever you have time!  I really do appreciate any help :D

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Oh no! Someone besides me has just arranged this! MLF (or anyone else really), help me!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

I'd love to help you! I'm on a bus on my way home :p
So when I get home I'll see what I can do! :)

Bespinben

LOL
"Use of dynamics and articulation, including sustain pedal, is left to the discretion of the performer."

I see this as being one of two things: 1.) He couldn't (software limitations), or; 2.) He wouldn't (too lazy)

That said, I think you're still in the clear Latios. Your sheet will be 10x better than his MIDI poop.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on February 21, 2015, 03:54:39 PM"Use of dynamics and articulation, including sustain pedal, is left to the discretion of the performer."

That is actually a perfectly fine statement. Giving expression text and marking for sustain and all that stuff is only there to show how YOU as an arranger/composer feel how the piece should be performed. Especially the pedaling is used differently by everyone (some pieces are exceptions, ofc.). If you look at Für Elise for example, you will find very different pedal notations... In the end you just have to figure it out on your own, dependant on your room/piano and experience.
It was actually pretty common to leave away a lot of that stuff some time ago (If you look at Mozart for example). That did not mean to play the stuff boring and without technique... It was just not common to write it down... Today I think it is just a good technique and help for the piano player to provide as much information as possible. I would consider this a sign of quality for modern sheets.

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Bespinben

I hear ya man! I've seen some very beautiful sheets that had minimal expression, articulation, or dynamic markings, if any. However, my comment was more directed at the WAY the Youtuber used the statement, rather than the statement itself (which I respect). Like, just LOOK at the guy's sheet. He makes no attempt to distinguish between melody and accompaniment, and he lets voices drop in and out like crazy (a simple use of layers would solve most of that issue). It just feels like there's no consistency. Then, to top it all off, he puts in this guise of "I'm making it 'simple' for the performer" to excuse a lousy engraving job.

I hope that makes sense. (Gee, I sound really angry in that  :-X Maybe it's because I'm distrustful of Synthesia covers. Ah well. Now I better hope that guy never reads this rant XD)

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on February 21, 2015, 04:47:00 PMI hear ya man! I've seen some very beautiful sheets that had minimal expression, articulation, or dynamic markings, if any. However, my comment was more directed at the WAY the Youtuber used the statement, rather than the statement itself (which I respect). Like, just LOOK at the guy's sheet. He makes no attempt to distinguish between melody and accompaniment, and he lets voices drop in and out like crazy (a simple use of layers would solve most of that issue). It just feels like there's no consistency. Then, to top it all off, he puts in this guise of "I'm making it 'simple' for the performer" to excuse a lousy engraving job.

I hope that makes sense. (Gee, I sound really angry in that  :-X Maybe it's because I'm distrustful of Synthesia covers. Ah well. Now I better hope that guy never reads this rant XD)

Only very few people have the wisdow to actually produce a brilliant sheet. I mean... There is no way they can make arrangements as awesome as the stuff I am currently working on, but still... I think everyone can put more thought, work, time and passion in a sheet! There are NO ex... *looks at Bespinben* There MIGHT be exceptions! But only few!
And make sure to always use italian! It makes you look like you know what you are doing! Your sheet can be completely retarded, but if you have enough italian terms in it, people will be like "WOOAH!".

Latios212

Quote from: Bespinben on February 21, 2015, 04:47:00 PMHe makes no attempt to distinguish between melody and accompaniment, and he lets voices drop in and out like crazy (a simple use of layers would solve most of that issue). It just feels like there's no consistency.
I see what you mean, with the lack of layers and all. I've noticed tons of formatting issues in his sheets, most notably the terribly terrible use of accidentals.

Quote from: Bespinben on February 21, 2015, 03:54:39 PMThat said, I think you're still in the clear Latios. Your sheet will be 10x better than his MIDI poop.
I'm still a beginner here regarding arranging, but I'm confident that with you, MLF, and other arrangers around here, we can do it ;D

Quote from: Xaoz on February 21, 2015, 05:12:27 PMAnd make sure to always use italian! It makes you look like you know what you are doing! Your sheet can be completely retarded, but if you have enough italian terms in it, people will be like "WOOAH!".
Expect to see pasta al pomodoro in my next sheet.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bespinben

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on February 21, 2015, 05:28:18 PM
Spoiler
Also, remember to eat rigatoni while you play ball.

[close]

Damn... Catchy... Bespinben, you know what we gonna do next friday, right? :D

Copied from a comment
for those who doesn't understand, 1) this is not fairie's aire and death waltz, that's another music COMPLETELY different. 2) This song is originally a theme song from a game called touhou made by ZUN called "U.N. Owen Was Her". 3) the theme song is remixed by COOL&CREATE. 4) marasy8 (just search him in youtube guys) did a piano cover on the remix. 4)A MORON reupload marasy8 video (the exact same one) and labeled it "john stump - death waltz" just like this one for whatever the reason idk
[close]

Maelstrom

Nope. It's yet another U.N. Owen was her? remix.
There's a million arragements calling themselves "Death Waltz" due to this remix based off this song. And there's already an arrangement on the site.

Don't ask why I know...

Xaoz

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 21, 2015, 07:18:48 PMNope. It's yet another U.N. Owen was her? remix.

Don't ask why I know...

Maybe you clicked the spoiler in my post and read it?