News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[Wii] Super Paper Mario - "Sammer's Kingdom" (Replacement) by mariolegofan & King Sammer

Started by Zeta, February 01, 2015, 11:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Paper Mario
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Sammer's Kingdom
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: mariolegofan & King Sammer

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Xaoz

I already had a bad feeling, before even clicking the download.

In b4 close :D

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Sebastian

At first glance, it looks like a midi.....
And the formatting is hideous.

King Sammer

I think this is the best one I could make...
I fixed it all up and now I think I'll earn 5 stars.
Oh ho! What a performance! And what exotic garb you drape yourself in, challenger!

Xaoz

King Sammer

Quote from: Xaoz on February 04, 2015, 04:59:16 PMYou did not and you will not.
But... But... Look! On the forum, a lot of the users approve of it! simmerskingdom.createaforum.com/submissions/my-own-theme
Oh ho! What a performance! And what exotic garb you drape yourself in, challenger!

Latios212

Quote from: mariolegofan on February 01, 2015, 01:27:05 PMAt first glance, it looks like a midi.....
And the formatting is hideous.

I'm curious, was this derived from a MIDI though?  Because the number of ledger lines in certain parts is questionable, as well as the placement of some of the dynamics symbols...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Xaoz

Quote from: Latios212 on February 04, 2015, 06:19:47 PMI'm curious, was this derived from a MIDI though?  Because the number of ledger lines in certain parts is questionable, as well as the placement of some of the dynamics symbols...

Bingo!
And that is the reason that makes me wonder why this thread is still open...

Dudeman

Quote from: King Sammer on February 04, 2015, 05:54:32 PMBut... But... Look! On the forum, a lot of the users approve of it! simmerskingdom.createaforum.com/submissions/my-own-theme
I'm fairly certain that every single member on that forum is just King Sammer on multiple accounts. Stop trying to justify crap. We're here to help you arrange, but just because you made something doesn't mean it's perfect.
And besides, even if they are real, 4 people is not "a lot."
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

King Sammer

Quote from: Xaoz on February 04, 2015, 06:23:28 PMBingo!
And that is the reason that makes me wonder why this thread is still open...
Oh. My. God. This is not from a Midi. IT'S ORIGINAL!!!

Latios212

Then please explain why, for example in the last measure:
- The notes in the top staff are written with so many ledger lines when a clef change or 8vb would clearly make it better?
- The fff symbol overlaps the bottom staff?
- There is a lack of a repeat sign when you repeat the entire first half of the sheet note-for-note in the second half of the sheet?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

King Sammer

Quote from: Latios212 on February 04, 2015, 06:43:40 PMThen please explain why, for example in the last measure:
- The notes in the top staff are written with so many ledger lines when a clef change or 8vb would clearly make it better?
- The fff symbol overlaps the bottom staff?
- There is a lack of a repeat sign when you repeat the entire first half of the sheet note-for-note in the second half of the sheet?
I lost my old computer that had the program that could do clef changes or 8vb. I only have Finale Notepad 2012 now. I have Merlee's Mansion, which I plan to publish, and I did that with my old computer... Can you do it for me?

Latios212

Quote from: King Sammer on February 04, 2015, 06:47:45 PMI lost my old computer that had the program that could do clef changes or 8vb. I only have Finale Notepad 2012 now. I have Merlee's Mansion, which I plan to publish, and I did that with my old computer... Can you do it for me?

I wasn't questioning the software that you use; I was just bringing into question why the notes and marks were placed where they were.  I use Notepad too, but I don't try to force notes where they don't belong - there are helpful people around to help with formatting.  Furthermore, you can add a repeat sign and move around the dynamics markings in Notepad.  There are numerous ways to get help before submitting something (Help board, posting under Personal Arrangement Threads, PMing someone), so the glaring formatting awkwardness really threw me off and still is.

Quote from: Dudeman on February 04, 2015, 06:25:14 PMI'm fairly certain that every single member on that forum is just King Sammer on multiple accounts. Stop trying to justify crap. We're here to help you arrange, but just because you made something doesn't mean it's perfect.
And besides, even if they are real, 4 people is not "a lot."
I'm gonna stop talking now and wait for someone more experienced than me to weigh in on this.  I'm still pretty skeptical.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

This should not be here. Not just because it is a mediocre arrangement, but also because the arrangement on the site is perfectly acceptable and better than this one. Where is the intro? Why not just move all the low notes up an octave? Why is the title missing on every page except the first?

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 06, 2015, 10:06:30 AMThis should not be here. Not just because it is a mediocre arrangement, but also because the arrangement on the site is perfectly acceptable and better than this one. Where is the intro? Why not just move all the low notes up an octave? Why is the title missing on every page except the first?
True, but the one on site still needs replaced.
I have a proposition for you King Sammer:
I'll look over your arrangement and fix EVERYTHING for you which might take a while, HOWEVER, in return, you put my name on it as a co-arranger.
Otherwise, this submission will get deleted.
Good Idea, King?