News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

What music sheets are you playing right now?

Started by AwesomeYears, March 29, 2015, 03:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

unmotivated

daj

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on June 12, 2016, 12:31:16 PMLes Adieux is the french word for "goodbye" or "farewell". Lebewohl is the german word for it. Seeing as Beethoven was the latter, I think it's perfectly appropriate to use it for 81a ;)
But yeah, I've seen the lecture and I know the story behind it, it's a great piece!

Oh! That's really interesting to know haha. Probably should have checked it up, but oh well. At least I know now! :)

QuoteGood luck with the Mendelssohn and the Debussy!

Aaand thank you! :) No stakes are involved in learning those pieces (unlike yours haha, learning for any exams or competitions mostly just suck), so the heat isn't on though, hehe.

InsigTurtle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdD_QygwRuY

Although I personally prefer faster interpretations of this, I've still got a bit to go on this one.

Also, because my teacher isn't a fan of Bartok, I've decided to try out some pieces from Out of Doors, Barcarolla and Musiques Nocturnes.

AwesomeYears

This song is so good, but it's so bloody hard!

The first part is ez pez for me, the second part is already hard enough, but I can work around it but the third part is impossible as a 14 year old lol.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

IMO that's easily the hardest of the nocturnes mechanically speaking (though not to take away from the large musical difficulties as well). The only ones I could think of as harder would be the Op. 62 nocturnes, since they're very characteristic of later Chopin; very improvisatory and all over the place, lol.
what is shitpost

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

I've been working on Maelstrom's unsubmitted Gate of Steiner sheet and it sounds fantastic.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

That is great!
Tell me if you find any problems.
So far, I know I need to flip a few tied note stems, and maybe a few clef changes instead of that LH 8va.

Also a little surprised how many people know about Steins;Gate on this site.
Is it just from the anime?

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on July 04, 2016, 02:02:11 PMYou rang?
NocturneOfShadow: A user on the forums of the website "NinSheetMusic.org"

Nocturne: (as applied to music) A short composition of a romantic or dreamy character suggestive of night, typically for piano. source: google

what is shitpost

DS

Here at camp I'm trying to see if I can get a headstart on learning Animenz's "Unravel" arrangement... probably will take a few years though :P

mikey

unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Bloop

Quote from: InsigTurtle on June 26, 2016, 06:25:15 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdD_QygwRuY
This piece and the prelude & fugue I'm currently playing are making me start liking Bach more.
I'm interested

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Schumann's Kreisleriana took up my morning today. I might learn the first movement of that..

Best recording, IMO:

what is shitpost

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on July 23, 2016, 12:26:27 PMSchumann's Kreisleriana took up my morning today. I might learn the first movement of that..

Spoiler
Best recording, IMO:

[close]
I haven't learned the Kreisleriana yet, but IMO, Movements 1, 3, 5, 7, and 8 sound pretty cool. ...Except for Movements 1 & 3's middle sections and the end of Movement 7. (Yeah, I'm not a fan of slow music, although Movement 2 isn't bad for being that slow...)