News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

TWG 78: Player Sign Ups

Started by Mashi, March 30, 2015, 08:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE POWER OF TEN TO THE NEGATIVE NINTH DESUS

Bird
4 (100%)
Yugi
1 (25%)
Mashi
3 (75%)
NocturneOfShadow
1 (25%)
vermilionvermin
4 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: April 04, 2015, 08:06:05 PM

Mashi

nanodesu

1. AwesomeYears
2. Latios212
3. BlackDragonSlayer
4. NocturneOfShadow
5. Yugi
6. Maelstrom
7. Bird
8. MaestroUGC
9. Sqwerrels
10. the_last_sheikah
11. mariolegofan

AwesomeYears

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

unmotivated

Yugi

I'm going to nominate a new rule considering the considerable lack of activity in the last few games, if you don't mind. This isn't to say that the games are crappy, but they could stand to be a bit better!

this is actually copypasted from another site don't tell anyone
As such, I'm trying a new experimental activity rule that is a lot stronger than past games. To be considered active, each phase every player must contribute at least four meaningful posts or three meaningful posts and one vote. Failure to remain active will result in a single warning, followed by a modkill should activity not improve. A post counts as meaningful if it advances the discussion/in some way engages with the game. Your first vote of any phase automatically counts as meaningful unless you're blatantly throwing out a random vote to meet requirements; further votes will be judged on their merit (that is to say, if you're spamming random votes with no rhyme or reason, that does not count as engaging with the game, while if you're joining a wagon it probably does). Exceptions in enforcement may be made for any phase that ends notably early, at mod discretion (which is to say you won't be punished if someone gets fast-pushed two hours into a phase before you're able to check in), but don't count on any leniency if you wait until the last two hours to open your mouth. You will not be held accountable for posting during any time in which you are marked as Away in the appropriate thread.
[close]
I'll try to sign up and be active as well, and I might make a game if there are enough players!

BlackDragonSlayer

yugi really wants to be twc

While it sounds interesting "on paper," I'm not sure how feasible it would be. Eventually, if people don't/can't follow the rule, and as a result, decide not to join at all, you'll just end up with really small games. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

Bird

In.

@Yugi: I'm not a big fan of players being "modkilled" since it penalizes their whole team rather than just that player. As much as I'd like to institute a rule that forces players to be replaced if they don't meet a certain quota of activity, I don't think we have a large enough player base to support something like that.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Maelstrom

mikey

That probably won't work very well
unmotivated

Mashi

I concur with Bird; our Player base isn't large enough to be making modkills or replacing Players, unfortunately.

Often, an inactive Player base isn't necessarily because every Player is busy, but more that there's a lack of engagement between Players and the game.  It might be worthwhile for Hosts to create games where Players are enticed to participate for some reason or another.  This is what I attempted to do with the Shotgun Mechanic in TWG 76, which I feel brought up activity by a tad.  Other ideas might outperform it in regard to motivating Players to be active, however.

MaestroUGC

Screw it, I'll see if I can manage a game this time.

In.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Mashi

failed my inorganic exam rip me

Player Sign Ups will end tomorrow (April 2nd) at 11PM EDT.  Host game deadliness will be 24 hours after.

Bird

i think ive finally figured out a way around this inactivity issue

Spoiler
TWG: MO$T ACTIVE TWG

Universal Effects:
Big Money - Players earn 25 cents per post when the game ends.
Cardflipping - Players roles are revealed upon death.

1. Greedy Wolf - Seered green. Can plant a leech seed on another player which takes half of their money each phase, at the expense of appearing red for the rest of the game.
2. Wolf Shaman - Can seer a player each night.

3. Seer - Can seer a player each night.
4. Dollar Lord - Gets 1 dollar per post. Knows he's the Dollar Lord.
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human

8. Mean Mr. Poverty - Third party. If he wins, he receives everybody's accumulated money. If he loses, he receives no money. Wins the game if he's lynched (overriding).
[close]

its a joke
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die