News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

POKÉMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON

Started by Latios212, May 21, 2015, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

does it have to be anime/manga
why not American cartoon or comic books
unmotivated

Nebbles

Well, uh, Pokemon is a Japanese franchise. And anime and manga are kind of a Japanese thing. So it'd make sense for Pokemon to get an anime or manga adaptation.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Latios212

Quote from: Nebbles on May 24, 2015, 02:08:31 PMHm, another PMD manga would be pretty interesting, that I wouldn't mind.
That would be amazing :P I loved Ginji's Rescue Team.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bubbles

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 24, 2015, 02:19:39 PMdoes it have to be anime/manga
why not American cartoon or comic books
I'm not even sure if you're joking here. What's the difference besides waiting for translations anyway?

Quote from: Latios212 on May 24, 2015, 02:48:29 PMThat would be amazing :P I loved Ginji's Rescue Team.
Ginji's Rescue Team was my LIFE holy shit

Nebbles

Y'know I never gave that manga a fair chance, I kinda flipped through it and never read it in full.

mikey

Quote from: Bubbles on May 24, 2015, 02:50:19 PMI'm not even sure if you're joking here. What's the difference besides waiting for translations anyway?
I wouldn't watch/read it either way because I don't watch tv shows or read comic books so it makes no difference to me, but I would think a significant portion of the demographic speaks english
unmotivated

Nebbles

...but the origin country is Japan, so of course it's going to follow their path of entertainment, not anyone else's.

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on May 24, 2015, 02:52:36 PMY'know I never gave that manga a fair chance, I kinda flipped through it and never read it in full.
You won't regret it:
http://jb2448.info/Ginji_Rescue_Team/PMD_Ginji_Rescue_Team_c01

Quote*voice acting in PMD discussion*
I like the idea of having voice acting as part of a SEPARATE medium from the game (like the CD drama idea, or anime adaptations), but since the game is supposed to be YOUR experience, leaving it up to the imagination is best.
HOWEVER, if this fan voice-acting clip of the Disappearance scene from PMD2 is any evidence, it definitely could have some strong emotional power (again, in it's own medium, not part of the game itself)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKk5B5UsSD8

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Bespinben on May 24, 2015, 03:07:29 PMYou won't regret it:
http://jb2448.info/Ginji_Rescue_Team/PMD_Ginji_Rescue_Team_c01
I like the idea of having voice acting as part of a SEPARATE medium from the game (like the CD drama idea, or anime adaptations), but since the game is supposed to be YOUR experience, leaving it up to the imagination is best.
HOWEVER, if this fan voice-acting clip of the Disappearance scene from PMD2 is any evidence, it definitely could have some strong emotional power (again, in it's own medium, not part of the game itself)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKk5B5UsSD8

Ah the PMD1 manga... I remember learning about it and going nuts in school back in the day. I kept nagging my school librarian for a copy until she finally said "OK just leave me alone and look at Borders or something.", where my Aunt took me and there I saw it! I was so happy that I brought it home and read the entire book.

...Well, compared to the games I found it to be a bit confusing and not as emotional as I would have liked it to be, but it was still interesting nonetheless. When I learned the PMD2 Manga was more emotional (And fixed my problems with the characters), I desperately wanted a copy to the point I emailed Viz Media asking for a localization. (Of course since I was 10 I had bad grammar so I obviously didn't get a response.) I heard there was a fan translation, but I've never seen it for myself and even then I'd prefer a physical copy somehow. If they did make one for PSMD, I would absolutely do everything I could to have Viz Localize it, especially since we FINALLY have Pokemon Adventures in English after so many years.

...And somebody made a PMD2 audio drama. I think I'm going to leave the room and scream in excitement that there are so many great fans out there. Seriously we don't even have one screenshot and this topic is at seven pages already, and I feel glad I'm not the only excited one here.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on May 24, 2015, 01:59:22 PMNaaaah. That enough was stupid, we don't need anything like that again.

^this times 1000 idc that only Pikachu got its anime cry, I care that its original cry was nixed in favor of the iconic one. Pokémon saying their names is fine for a kid's show but I absolutely hate how Pikachu's cry is just its own name in the games now. Especially since it evolves and becomes an animal noise again.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Like I love Pokemon cries so it was annoying it got nixed. There was a point where I just knew all of the gen one cries by heart actually

mikey

my friends all can do that like I was playing yellow and I was like "name that pokemon" and they kept getting it and I was so confused because they literally all sound the same
unmotivated

fingerz

Awww... I love it! Pikachu is now my favourite Pokemon noise!! It's even better when you KO one and it squeals "PIKAAAAAA!!" :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bespinben

PLOT PREDICTION BECAUSE I HAVE NO LIFE

The Studio
•Brand new staff is employed to write script (Shinichiro Tomie is probably burnt out)
•All previous PMD composers re-unite in a super dream team, making the composition staff total at 8 members

Generalities
•Playable character is a human-turned-Pokémon (I'm such a Sherlock); amnesiac? maybe
•Playable character will have a special power, like the Dimensional Scream in PMD2
•There will be a partner (I had to think hard about that one)
•Partner will grow to care deeply for you, even to the point of possible room for shipping.
•Partner's history may be explored (a la Gates to Infinity)
•Partner's family could be in the story... (following the trend from Gates)
•Which Pokémon you are has no effect on the plot, besides some minor dialogue alterations (see Rescue Team for instance)
•Likely will be only one town, but considering it's SUPER Mystery Dungeon, multiple towns would be cool (kinda like the multiple Planets in Metroid Prime 3)
•Diancie will be a queen for cosmetic effect to the town
•There will be a Exploration coalition of some sort (a guild, HAPPI, or something of the like)
•Main conflict concerns legendary and mystical pokémon and the fate of the world (pulled that right out of my butt! the main site announcement!)
•The inevitable plot twist will involve a betrayal by someone close to you, the playable character.
•Dungeon researcher type characters (ex: Umbreon and Espeon in GtI) will play a supporting role

Various Cliche Plot Points
•Partner will instantly believe you are a human, like in Gates, despite knowledge humans are a myth.
•Some cute, innocent pokémon will have her item stolen and you have to save her item
•Some 6th gen legendary will appear to the player character in their dreams; initial dreams will be vague.
•Some local lore will involve a tale about Zygarde acting as a guardian that keeps the World's Balance.
•Town turns on you by some twist of events related to the lore
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday