News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

POKÉMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON

Started by Latios212, May 21, 2015, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I adore the Connection Orb. Best improvement to the entire series so far in the game. (Definitely a good idea to streamline the recruitment process--I might even try for all 720 in the post-game.)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Agreed. I'm gonna try and get 'em all.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

K-NiGhT

My first team was Riolu and Froakie, but in my new playthrough I'm Totodile with Chespin.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

For some reason, my favorite partner Pokémon are always the Water-type ones (except in Sky, in which I always choose Meowth as the partner). Imo, the partner's personality in Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon seems very corresponding to a more upbeat Pokémon like Froakie or Chimchar than Pokémon like Turtwig or Bulbasaur.

Bubbles

I couldn't wait to have it delivered so I went and picked it up today lol. I unintentionally didn't learn anything about this game prerelease, so I'm going in blind this time! Team Pikachu and Mudkip is back baby ^^

SlowPokemon

Chapter 8 spoilers
I'm almost through Chapter 10 now, but I just wanted to say that walking around Serene Village talking to NPCs is the best part of the daily routine besides checking the Connection Orb. Like how the villagers will talk about sudden random kind things being done for them, but no one being around, after Litwick and Solosis have been defeated. Or how Croagunk and Corphish will talk about Explorers stuff, or Emolga asks you for help rescuing Dunsparce. I feel like PSMD does a better job than any of the others of making you feel immersed in the world of Pokémon, too--games like Rescue Team and Gates to Infinity felt very isolated in their environments, but the sheer variety of Pokémon on display here gives me a very involved feeling.
[close]

Latios212

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 25, 2015, 09:11:53 AM
Chapter 8 spoilers
I'm almost through Chapter 10 now, but I just wanted to say that walking around Serene Village talking to NPCs is the best part of the daily routine besides checking the Connection Orb. Like how the villagers will talk about sudden random kind things being done for them, but no one being around, after Litwick and Solosis have been defeated. Or how Croagunk and Corphish will talk about Explorers stuff, or Emolga asks you for help rescuing Dunsparce. I feel like PSMD does a better job than any of the others of making you feel immersed in the world of Pokémon, too--games like Rescue Team and Gates to Infinity felt very isolated in their environments, but the sheer variety of Pokémon on display here gives me a very involved feeling.
[close]
I definitely feel that. It's a lot of these small little things that have made me very happy about this game. :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 25, 2015, 09:11:53 AM
Chapter 8 spoilers
[close]
just wait until you get further in- going back to serene village or especially
Spoiler
nuzleaf's house
[close]
gives you the oddest feeling and it's amazing how they pull it off
unmotivated

TheDreamingHawk

Well I beat the story, and am still working hard on 100%ing the game. Regardless I feel I know plenty to be able to give this a proper, full review, so here's my written review on PSMD for those who are interested. No story spoilers, but I do talk about the gameplay mechanics a lot, just as a warning. Was definitely worth the wait, and honestly I don't think any game in 2016 may top this for me (if any game at all, to be truthful. We'll see what the future holds and if PMDVI ever gets made.)

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

mastersuperfan

I got PSMD yesterday and started it today with a boatload of HYPE! Team is Riolu (Superfan) and Snivy (Flora), and I've just finished Chapter 3. I actually love the story so far, even though some parts are a little bit cliché in the world of PMD, and it's definitely a unique change from Red/Blue and Explorers (though I can't say much for GTI since I never played it; maybe I should).

Spoiler
I'm glad I picked Snivy for a partner, since I've always imagined her as mischievous and adventurous, which is especially so in this story. Maybe it's the small bit of Poképark 2 that I played at a friend's house a long time ago.
[close]

As of now, the music hasn't particularly stood out to me... but I'm hoping that will change. I've heard great things about the soundtrack. In general, this game is looking up right now, and I'm hoping it won't disappoint me. Maybe it'll be better than Explorers.

...Oh, who am I kidding? Nothing can top Explorers.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

SlowPokemon

Chapter 11 Spoilers
I finally got through that damn Sheer Mountain Range (I reached 12F and died, so I had to go rescue myself, then finally finished the last two floors) and it's convinced me that Drifloon is maybe the worst Pokémon in existence. Sorry Nebbles, but Unburden lets it deliver two Minimize back to back before I even approach it (for those of you counting, that's 4x evasiveness up), not to mention two damaging attacks at a seemingly random pace. It made life hell, especially since I'm a Grass-type Pokémon. (So many Flying-type Pokémon in there...)
[close]

Nebbles

THOSE ARE FIGHTING WORDS SLOW AND YOU KNOW IT

SlowPokemon

TELL THAT TO THE DRIFLOON IN THE FIRST ROOM OF 1F WHO USED TWO OF MY REVIVER SEEDS BECAUSE OF THAT DAMN UNBURDEN

Nebbles

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 25, 2015, 07:26:56 PM
Chapter 11 Spoilers
I finally got through that damn Sheer Mountain Range (I reached 12F and died, so I had to go rescue myself, then finally finished the last two floors) and it's convinced me that Drifloon is maybe the worst Pokémon in existence. Sorry Nebbles, but Unburden lets it deliver two Minimize back to back before I even approach it (for those of you counting, that's 4x evasiveness up), not to mention two damaging attacks at a seemingly random pace. It made life hell, especially since I'm a Grass-type Pokémon. (So many Flying-type Pokémon in there...)
[close]
Unburden really is a stupid ability.  Just wait till you get to the part where a camerupt enters the room and uses earth power, ohko'ing you out of nowhere from 20 tiles away.  TBH the dungeons get nearly impossible without emeras, so make sure to pick them up.  Some of the best ones are Guard Boost, Barrage, Lullaby/Dizzying Stare and Power Boost X/Y.  Also, hax works really well in this game.  I beat 75%% of the bosses by spamming mud slap even though I was underleveled.  Flinch hax works pretty well too if you have one of the fang moves
Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 25, 2015, 06:54:06 PM...Oh, who am I kidding? Nothing can top Explorers.
I was thinking the same thing and your opinion is actually wrong, trust me
Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on November 25, 2015, 06:05:14 PMWell I beat the story, and am still working hard on 100%ing the game. Regardless I feel I know plenty to be able to give this a proper, full review, so here's my written review on PSMD for those who are interested. No story spoilers, but I do talk about the gameplay mechanics a lot, just as a warning. Was definitely worth the wait, and honestly I don't think any game in 2016 may top this for me (if any game at all, to be truthful. We'll see what the future holds and if PMDVI ever gets made.)
your review was pretty good, I feel like it explained the game well, there were a couple typos if you care about that, and the one thing I saw that stuck out was when you said every time you died it was your own fault.  There ARE cheap shots in this game(such as unburden, room-wide moves, a particular move called bulldoze, and hax) and it is easy to get underleveled especially if you're bad at the particular game (like me).  I didn't really catch up until about chapter 16
unmotivated