News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

POKÉMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON

Started by Latios212, May 21, 2015, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I've made a vow not to use the Emeras and Looplets tbh because they seem really cheap
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 25, 2015, 06:54:06 PM...Oh, who am I kidding? Nothing can top Explorers.
I seriously hate this line of thinking, especially considering you've only got through 3 of like 23 chapters. The whole community is immediately comparing this game to Explorers and basing whether or not they purchase the game on said comparisons.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 25, 2015, 08:55:29 PMI've made a vow not to use the Emeras and Looplets tbh because they seem really cheap
They're not that cheap tbh. I think it's an amazing mechanic.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 25, 2015, 08:55:29 PMI've made a vow not to use the Emeras and Looplets tbh because they seem really cheap
ahahahahaha
Quote from: K-NiGhT on November 25, 2015, 08:57:08 PMThey're not that cheap tbh. I think it's an amazing mechanic.
he'll use em eventually he'll come across the dungeon that he can't beat
although you could always bring 99 stayaway wands with you those things are amazing
unmotivated

Nebbles

I love the Emeras, Dizzying Payback ftw
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Zeila

Just got the game and I'm already starting to get emotional about it for some reason. I'm just really glad that it lived up to my expectations :3

Also, about the emeras, am I the only one who kept 'using' them instead of setting for a while? <_< *feels pretty derpy*

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 25, 2015, 08:40:56 PMI was thinking the same thing and your opinion is actually wrong, trust me
If that turns out to be the case (as what I've heard a lot of people say or at least agree to PSMD and Explorers being equal to each other), then that's awesome!

SlowPokemon

Chapter 12 spoilers
I am laughing so hard I can't believe the first eleven chapters were setup for a new version of Wigglytuff's Guild. We've got a nice cast of characters so far. I just finished the throwback Jirachi battle at the beginning of Chapter 12 (I was laughing even as Jirachi KO'd me--isn't this the third time Jirachi's been fought in the exact same way?) and while I won't have time to continue until tomorrow, I can still speculate. My theory from the beginning, that I hope is wrong, is that Nuzleaf and Carracosta are somehow bad guys. I really have no idea how the Beheeyem tie in to all of this though, and now it's the Ampharos / Mawile / Dedenne trio who's striking me as suspicious. Who knows. Either way, I'm having a good time, and I exchanged gold bars for a couple Gold Looplets since everyone here is telling me I'll need them lmao. Maybe I'll try to work out the system.
[close]

K-NiGhT

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 26, 2015, 09:31:39 AM
Chapter 12 spoilers
I am laughing so hard I can't believe the first eleven chapters were setup for a new version of Wigglytuff's Guild. We've got a nice cast of characters so far. I just finished the throwback Jirachi battle at the beginning of Chapter 12 (I was laughing even as Jirachi KO'd me--isn't this the third time Jirachi's been fought in the exact same way?) and while I won't have time to continue until tomorrow, I can still speculate. My theory from the beginning, that I hope is wrong, is that Nuzleaf and Carracosta are somehow bad guys. I really have no idea how the Beheeyem tie in to all of this though, and now it's the Ampharos / Mawile / Dedenne trio who's striking me as suspicious. Who knows. Either way, I'm having a good time, and I exchanged gold bars for a couple Gold Looplets since everyone here is telling me I'll need them lmao. Maybe I'll try to work out the system.
[close]
Chapter 12
I seriously love everyone in the Society. Don't worry though, the game really picks up here!
[close]
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 25, 2015, 08:40:56 PMyour review was pretty good, I feel like it explained the game well, there were a couple typos if you care about that, and the one thing I saw that stuck out was when you said every time you died it was your own fault.  There ARE cheap shots in this game(such as unburden, room-wide moves, a particular move called bulldoze, and hax) and it is easy to get underleveled especially if you're bad at the particular game (like me).  I didn't really catch up until about chapter 16

I actually would like to know the typos if possible, as fixing them is a big priority for me (I use spelling and grammar checkers but of course they aren't perfect). Glad you enjoyed the review! As for the cheap difficulty in some spots, I do agree room wide moves are a pain, but for me personally Quick Guard managed to protect me against those moves, along with carefully planning out the use of items to beat up those difficult Pokemon before they can use them. I actually never had an issue with Unburden personally, but even if I did that's what the Truant Wand is for thankfully (it erases the ability). It's still super tough, but compared to other Roguelikes I've played it's nowhere near as frustrating or cheap IMO.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

mastersuperfan

I hate those Drifloons.

I hate those Helioptiles.

...They're more balanced than the Nidoqueens in World Abyss, though...

OH AND THEY REMIXED HEARTWARMING OMG I'M DYING FROM NOSTALGIA UNNNGH
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 26, 2015, 09:31:39 AM
Chapter 12 spoilers
[close]
Wow you're thinking exactly the same way I am.  I will tell you though:
Spoiler
Ampharos and Mawile have something seekrit going on.  Won't say if it's good or bad.
[close]
Ampharos is by far my favorite character though.
Also, the game makes SO MUCH MORE SENSE when you play it the second time through.  Characters' dialogues and actions match up perfectly with what you learn later in the game.  It's SOOO PERFECT
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on November 26, 2015, 09:36:29 AMI actually never had an issue with Unburden personally, but even if I did that's what the Truant Wand is for thankfully (it erases the ability).

...Oh, wait.

tiem 2 rek sum drifloons
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on November 26, 2015, 09:36:29 AMI actually would like to know the typos if possible, as fixing them is a big priority for me (I use spelling and grammar checkers but of course they aren't perfect). Glad you enjoyed the review! As for the cheap difficulty in some spots, I do agree room wide moves are a pain, but for me personally Quick Guard managed to protect me against those moves, along with carefully planning out the use of items to beat up those difficult Pokemon before they can use them. I actually never had an issue with Unburden personally, but even if I did that's what the Truant Wand is for thankfully (it erases the ability). It's still super tough, but compared to other Roguelikes I've played it's nowhere near as frustrating or cheap IMO.
Alright here goes:
QuoteIf you want to hear the whole story of that original playthrough, (and to see the future episodes in the series when they come)
Not 100% about this one, but I believe the comma should go after the parentheses in this case.
QuoteIs it worth preordering if you are in the PAL regions? (Which gets the game on the 19th of February)
same deal here
QuoteThe Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series is known for it's detailed and captivating stories
should be "its", not "it's".
QuoteHowever, this game still has a lot of new assets added in as well, most notably the rest of the 720 Pokemon who were either absent or didn't exist when Gates to Infinity came out, some minor changes to the menus along with the nice variety of locales and cutscenes to look at during the gameplay.
I think you should have an "and" before "some minor changes" because atm it's sounding like a run-on.  You've got it set up as a list rn.  You could also say, "some minor changes..." "and a nice variety.."
Quotethis world looks gorgeous, and is a sight to behold especially during some of the longer cutscenes!
could use a comma or hyphen before especially
Quote(noisycroak Studios, to be exact!)
is noisycroak supposed to be capitalized?

I think that's about it.  Keep in mind I'm not an english major or anything so your grammar in some cases could be correct and I'm just reading it wrong.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 26, 2015, 10:54:22 AM...Oh, wait.

tiem 2 rek sum drifloons
if you want OP strats go into a dungeon with 99 stayaway wands.  You're welcome.
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

@Noc -- what's in the spoiler tag? I'm not sure if it's safe for me to open it because it's not labeled

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 26, 2015, 11:34:38 AM@Noc -- what's in the spoiler tag? I'm not sure if it's safe for me to open it because it's not labeled
it's not really a spoiler, just additional information that won't reveal anything but probably drive you crazy
also another carracosta meme:

OH STOP IT YOU
unmotivated

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel