News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

POKÉMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON

Started by Latios212, May 21, 2015, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

Quote from: Bespinben on November 27, 2015, 07:34:22 PM..and that's where I have difficulty weighing your heavy-handed opinions with any credibility. PSMD is a stand-alone game in that you don't have to know the others to enjoy the adventure (though knowing such does enhance it). However, to make a valid criticism of PSMD's story, plot, themes, and motifs (as you have attempted), one MUST know the history and development of those things in the context of the Mystery Dungeon series as a whole, not just in comparison to the singular microcosmic pinpoint that is PMD2 Explorers.

how does gates tie in, now im curious

i havent played gates lmao

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Bespinben on November 27, 2015, 07:34:22 PM..and that's where I have difficulty weighing your heavy-handed opinions with any credibility. PSMD is a stand-alone game in that you don't have to know the others to enjoy the adventure (though knowing such does enhance it). However, to make a valid criticism of PSMD's story, plot, themes, and motifs (as you have attempted), one MUST know the history and development of those things in the context of the Mystery Dungeon series as a whole, not just in comparison to the singular microcosmic pinpoint that is PMD2 Explorers.

I have watched LPs of Rescue Team, and I wasn't referring to the motifs--I was referring to the story.

Spoiler
Notably, the illusionary legendary battle and the fact that the Expedition Society is extremely similar to the Guild--Ampharos and Wigglytuff are practically the same character.
[close]
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Bubbles

chapter 14 spoilers
I think this is chapter 14, might be 13 but I'm being safe

I was SO pissed when the goddamn scarves evolved me without my permission. I was really on the verge of tears and probably would have cried if it didn't turn me back. Thank Christ

it's so important I stay a baby the whole game, I'm not sure why but it really is
[close]

Altissimo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 27, 2015, 07:46:20 PMWhy did everyone skip Gates omg

I couldnt use my pikachu/squirtle team. Also I was really really angry about the forced male characters

mikey

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 27, 2015, 04:17:38 PMThere are so many things taken practically straight out of Explorers.

Can't tell if they're making references or are just too stupid to think of anything else.
As someone who's only played explorers of time and PSMD I can say that I have no clue what you're talking about.
As an addendum you have nothing BACKING your claim.  The Expedition Society IS similar to the guild, but since I've only played the two, I assumed it was natural for a pokemon mystery dungeon game to have a place that EXPLORES MYSTERY DUNGEONS.  If the other 2 games don't have one that's their fault.  The only things I've seen from explorers is casual remarks referencing it-certainly not plot themes.  Wigglytuff and Ampharos?  Nah.  Wigglytuff I feel genuinely knew what he was doing and just acted that way to put people off guard.  Ampharos is genuinely scatterbrained.

Ampharos is still my favorite character and my favorite scene is still when you see latias and latios- is this what you were referring to Insig?

Quote from: Bubbles on November 27, 2015, 07:55:37 PM
chapter 14 spoilers
I think this is chapter 14, might be 13 but I'm being safe

I was SO pissed when the goddamn scarves evolved me without my permission. I was really on the verge of tears and probably would have cried if it didn't turn me back. Thank Christ

it's so important I stay a baby the whole game, I'm not sure why but it really is
[close]
Seriously?  I was like HECK YEAH

Although it did make that particular battle pathetically easy.
unmotivated

Bubbles

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 27, 2015, 08:33:30 PMAlthough it did make that particular battle pathetically easy.
I was winning before it happened so I honestly didn't need it lol. Just glad it was a hype thing and not permenant

K-NiGhT

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 27, 2015, 07:49:33 PMI have watched LPs of Rescue Team, and I wasn't referring to the motifs--I was referring to the story.

Spoiler
Notably, the illusionary legendary battle and the fact that the Expedition Society is extremely similar to the Guild--Ampharos and Wigglytuff are practically the same character.
[close]
Spoiler
This is actually pretty wrong and you should really pay more attention to Ampharos' character.
[close]
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

InsigTurtle

The Illuminati is quite possibly the best name for the team.
It works so well.

Bubbles

I'm dying on floor 1 of this unbelievable dungeon every time

help

update: sacrificed my partner and made it to floor 3 #progress

mastersuperfan

Quote from: K-NiGhT on November 27, 2015, 10:08:08 PM
Spoiler
This is actually pretty wrong and you should really pay more attention to Ampharos' character.
[close]

Spoiler
Well, at that point I had just joined the Expedition Society. After playing more I do see that I was wrong. :[
[close]

Chapter 16
Wtf why is Revelation Mountain so hard

Holy shit Riolu and Snivy keep getting one-shot

Too many Flying-types for me

I lost Snivy, Archen, Nuzleaf, and all my Tiny Reviver Seeds before F6 on my fifth try and died on the square next to the stairs on F13 .-.

Screw this I'mma rescue myself with three Electric-types
[close]
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

*minding your own business in the middle of a dungeon floor*
"Drifblim used Ominous Wind!"
"Your entire team nearly fainted!"
"Drifblim's Attack rose!  Drifblim's Defense rose!  Drifblim's Special Attack rose!  Drifblim's Special Defense rose!  Drifblim's Speed rose!"
"The Unburden ability delivers another attack!"
"Your entire team got pounded into dust!"
"Drifblim's Attack rose! ..."

In all seriousness though there's so much hax in the dungeons but if you can manage to outhax them the bosses are easier to make up for it
I recommend Stayaway wands
unmotivated

Altissimo

I haven't been playing any psmd in a few days because i got my cousin into ace attorney and the result is that she has been nonstop playing my 3DS

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Altissimo on November 28, 2015, 12:17:21 PMI haven't been playing any psmd in a few days because i got my cousin into ace attorney and the result is that she has been nonstop playing my 3DS

The world never has too many Ace Attorney fans.

Or Undertale fans.

Or PMD fans.

Also, I just found a really weird glitch in

Minor spoilers for Chapter 18-ish
Reverse Mountain
[close]

although I doubt it's specific to that dungeon. I took some videos, and I'll upload it to show you guys.

EDIT: Okay, if anyone's at all interested, check here to see the glitch. The first video is sideways, by the way. I just took them with my iPhone, which I happened to have on hand next to me.

I have no clue as to why this happened. It started on F2, presumably after an encounter with a Sawk, and proceeded to persist for the rest of dungeon.

Dude

I NOTICED THAT TOO
I just ignored it tho as I don't think it did anything...