POKÉMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON

Started by Latios212, May 21, 2015, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

isn't it luvverly
cutscenes everywhere
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dude

I swear every time I save and quit to menu it says "you should take a break!"

What the fuck do you think I'm doing??

mastersuperfan

Once or twice that message popped up not ten minutes after I started the game. .-.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

InsigTurtle

I'm a frequent saver by nature, so I don't really mind.

Just a thought - I'd love to see how others arrange the first 30 seconds of didgeridoo island fire island volcano for piano.

Altissimo

ok i beat the epilogue, at least as far as

Spoiler
rescuing Mew/getting your (not-Mew) partner back at the end of Purifying Cave
[close]

and idk, is there any more Real Plot after this? or is it just all treasure-hunting and pokémon-recruiting? (I'd like it if someone could tell me, but don't spoil anything)

if this is it, then I have to say that imo, while this is immensely fun and probably has the best gameplay of any MD game yet (even though the difficulty level of the dungeons is -ridonkulous-), the Plot of Explorers is better. Not by much, mind you, but still. Maybe that's just because time travel and sacrificial heroes are like my absolute favorite things in the world, though lol

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Altissimo on December 01, 2015, 05:45:17 AMok i beat the epilogue, at least as far as

Spoiler
[close]

and idk, is there any more Real Plot after this? or is it just all treasure-hunting and pokémon-recruiting? (I'd like it if someone could tell me, but don't spoil anything)

if this is it, then I have to say that imo, while this is immensely fun and probably has the best gameplay of any MD game yet (even though the difficulty level of the dungeons is -ridonkulous-), the Plot of Explorers is better. Not by much, mind you, but still. Maybe that's just because time travel and sacrificial heroes are like my absolute favorite things in the world, though lol

I don't believe so, from what I heard online. I restarted right after that anyways, so I wouldn't personally know.

I think the dialogue is more well-written in this game, and the levels of suspense and feels are both higher in my opinion. However, PMD Explorers has a more coherent plot overall.

mikey

Quote from: Altissimo on December 01, 2015, 05:45:17 AMok i beat the epilogue, at least as far as

Spoiler
[close]

yeah it's probably better to restart if you're not wholly interested in the postgame like slow is
unmotivated

Altissimo

nah im invested in the postgame, im just wondering if there is Plot left

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

mastersuperfan

Partner's Theme reminds me a lot of His Theme from Undertale.

Mostly because it also seems to be mixed in quite a few other themes.

Spoiler
Especially the final battle theme... that hit right in the feels.
[close]

Nebbles

I went to a dungeon that was full of nothing but Genesect earlier

i regret everything
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

that one was so dumb
also has anyone figured out how to beat mewtwo yet
does endeavor work?
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 01, 2015, 03:52:53 PMthat one was so dumb
also has anyone figured out how to beat mewtwo yet
does endeavor work?

I heard that using a Ban Seed to stop Recover is a good strategy. Try that.

I don't know about Endeavor, but that would break the fight completely if it did work. I hope it doesn't, actually.

mikey

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 01, 2015, 04:13:52 PMI heard that using a Ban Seed to stop Recover is a good strategy. Try that.

I don't know about Endeavor, but that would break the fight completely if it did work. I hope it doesn't, actually.
oh, that should work!  Basically, I was bringing 20+ reviver seeds to the fight and I kept spamming alliances and he would take plenty of damage, but then he would use recover and gain 900 (?) HP and I cried
unmotivated