POKÉMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON

Started by Latios212, May 21, 2015, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Dude on May 29, 2016, 06:32:02 AMThe only thing this game is good for now is homebrew.

And the sound test
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

How can it possibly be fun to replay when the story is so predictable?

I guess sound test is reasonable though.

cashwarrior1

The only reasons I find it fun to replay the game is that you can have different characters, hear the music in action,
Spoiler
remember the fun life you had before you left
[close]
, and doing some personal challenges. I was really considering restarting the game for those reasons but I really want to complete this game 100%

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Dude on May 29, 2016, 08:33:41 AMHow can it possibly be fun to replay when the story is so predictable?

I guess sound test is reasonable though.
I agree, the story was a slog the first time

Altissimo

SlowPokemon

Nebbles

I'd replay Super PMD if there was more non-story segments - like either you hardly progress in the story or you have no free time to level up in dungeons, and I disliked that.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

cashwarrior1

I haven't played any of the other MD games but I found this to be extremely fun and had very few flaws. I felt like there was enough segments to play around between story moments. Well, now that I think about, you had more free time during the "child" portion then the actual story came.

Nebbles

You did, I think, so if I do replay it I'll grind during there. But also the missions with the orb thing seem like they don't shuffle or randomize on subsequent playthroughs, which would really take out the fun if it was predictable.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

E. Gadd Industries

O____________O SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED...
I beat the game
YOUR PARTNER WAS MEW THE ENTIRE TIME?!?! DDDDDDD: AND THEY JUST LEFT YOU RIGHT THERE AND YOY HAVE TO SIT THROUGH THE CREDITS WATCHING YOUR CHARACTER SIT AND SUFFER. AND THAT FINAL BOSS, THOUGH!! DETERMINATION AT ITS FINEST! :') THIS GAME IS AWESOME WITH ALL ITS TWISTS AND TURNS. AND WHAT ABOUT NUZLEAF???? Don't tell me if it happens, but I really hope to see him again.
[close]
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

unmotivated

FireArrow

Spoiler
It certaintly took me by surprise but I didn't find it all that sad. It felt lilke the game did a bad job making you feel bonded with your partner, so he went away it was just kinda meh
[close]
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

Nitro Indigo

I'm taking ages to play through PSMD, mainly because that happens when I watch a let's play of a game, then play it.

As for my opinion on the ending...
I don't like it when they put plot twists right at the end of a story, after the conflict has been resolved, because usually it feels like they were put in for the sake of making the ending sad. I have a similar problem with Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) and Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, although moreso the former.
[close]
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.