Game: Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Boss Battle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Gmanhoffman

[attachment deleted by admin]

flygon9

Maelstrom

Pretty solid arrangement. There are a few specific areas that need work, but E3 week. I'll get back to you soon, or an updater (or Tobbeh) will.

Sebastian

Or me :p
I would love to give feedback but am on My way to practice and won't be back till late tonight.

Latios212

Hey, I like this one. Got rid of the "Notepad look" for you, but didn't touch any notes yet ^^

Here
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bespinben

Great arranging - very playable, very full, and you spelled all the rhythms and accidentals correctly.

Revised version
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Things I did for you:
*Updated the typesetting, measure distribution, and system spacing
*I changed the LH of m. 8-9 to a 16th tremolo
*I cleaned up some of your layer work (like at m. 16). M. 21-24 in particular were not whole note in length (the 2nd layer chords), so I combined them into the 1st layer since they were of the same length
*M. 24 the RH corrects were incorrectly transcribed, so I fixed that (DbM7 in particular)
*M. 25-27 I kept the 2nd layer, but they again were not whole note length. The OST does have them as a separate instrument from the melody and holds to about 3 beats, so that's why.

Things YOU STILL NEED TO DO:
*M. 17-19 are missing some of the backing harmony. See if you can beef out that section some more.
*M. 28 - There's a percussion line here that I think you could incorporate here by adapting the rhythm of it into the bass half note drones.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Maelstrom

There's something seriously wrong with that midi file. I don't think any of the tied notes are registering properly.

The last 2 measures are pretty off
Here's the original:

flygon9

Thanks for all of the tips and fixes guys! I went through and I added some harmonies in m17-19. (Since the OST has them held for longer, I added them into layer 2, although measure 18 has some overlapping notes that'll need parentheses around them, and I can't do that in notepad.) I added the percussion thing at the end, but all I did was appregiate (I think that's how it's spelled) a Cm chord, but I'm not 100% sure that those are the notes, so someone also may need to check up on that. Also, in measures 11-12, I added the 3rd of the chord in the second of the three note arpeggios, if that makes any sense. I'd post the updated version up to this point, but alas, I don't know how to add files to forum posts like these. How does one do that? :P

Maelstrom

That's not what you need to do. Click on the NSM Panel button on the top banner, hit the edit button, and re-upload the new files to replace the old ones.

flygon9

Maelstrom

The ending still sounds wonky.
I could have sworn I heard both an F and a G as 16ths in measures 5 and 7 instead of just that G 8th in the original.

flygon9

Sorry, I'm still not sure I'm completely understanding what you mean

Maelstrom

I'll explain tomorrow. It's about 11:50 here, so I should head to bed.
But disregard the second statement. It's wrong. I checked.

flygon9

Alllllrighty. Thanks! (And it's 11:50 here as well, I just have nothing better to do. :P)

Bespinben

Super Mega Ultra Revised Version:
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

The reason why the ending sounded wonky was because it was written 1 beat to late compared to the OST. Corrected^

Also, this:
Quote from: flygon9 on June 15, 2015, 07:55:30 PMI added some harmonies in m17-19. (Since the OST has them held for longer, I added them into layer 2, although measure 18 has some overlapping notes that'll need parentheses around them, and I can't do that in notepad.)
Since you didn't indicate pedal usage at all for this piece, the player might wonder in m. 17 how to hold the 2nd layer while going up the run (because there isn't). So instead, I just combined it with layer 1. I keep m. 18 in 2 layers, but for different reasons -- I specifically re-voiced it so that there wouldn't be note overlap.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday