News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Altissimo's Hamtaro Arrangements (New 12/15 - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky thing)

Started by Altissimo, June 30, 2015, 06:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

Olivine Lighthouse
MIDI / MUS / PDF

Victory Road
MIDI / MUS / PDF

and Fun Land from Ham-Ham Heartbreak.
MIDI / MUS / PDF / Original on Youtube

I have a version of this which incorporates all the second lines from m. 25-36, but I fear that adding all those lines adds too much to the score and makes it difficult to hear the melody properly, so this version just has what I feel is both consistent and playable. My original score in all its messy glory is here: MUS / MIDI / PDF if anyone wants to take a look and see if they can find a way to incorporate all the lines somehow.

But I'm more wondering about the harmonies from m. 1-20 in the main melody. I'm hearing mostly parallel thirds but harmonies are my weak point, so any comments would, of course, be appreciated.

Altissimo

I've been attempting an arrangement of Candy Constellation from Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, as anyone who's seen my thread in the Requests board will know. But I'm having significant trouble with it, so I'm going to leave here my messy in-progress arrangement in case anyone wants to pick it up and help me out with the piano transcription. I am 100% positive the bass line and the rhythms in the melody are correct, so that's something you don't have to worry about. It's just the actual harmonies (especially after the middle section) that are killing me, but I really, really want to see this transcribed for piano, I just need help with it :(
MIDI / MUS / PDF / Original

And, for good measure, my version from last night, which is less visually a mess:
MIDI / MUS / PDF

Altissimo

Vermilion City from Pokémon GSC. Probably my favorite arrangement yet. I took some artistic liberties with it, and I'm really pleased with the results.
MIDI / MUS / PDF

Altissimo

Really, REALLY messy arrangement of Surf from Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald:
MIDI / MUS / PDF

I'm gonna prune it down some... if I can figure out what the parts I want to keep are!

Bespinben

The distribution of parts currently leaves the LH fairly inactive while the RH is always busied. For example, in m.1-2, you could move the 2nd layer 16th run to the LH (an octave lower, maybe a little inverting too).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Altissimo

Quote from: Bespinben on August 04, 2015, 03:45:45 PMThe distribution of parts currently leaves the LH fairly inactive while the RH is always busied. For example, in m.1-2, you could move the 2nd layer 16th run to the LH (an octave lower, maybe a little inverting too).

Yes, true. This would also allow me to keep more of the original parts. I'mma go see what I can do with that right now!

Altissimo

Here, this might actually be playable:
MIDI / MUS / PDF
I plan to submit it as a replacement in the next submission cycle, so comments appreciated \o/

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I'd notate it with LH indications, keeping the tenor voice in the LH held with pedal (either sustain or sostenuto) and try and give those runs to the LH as much as possible (though the RH does have to some work at some parts of the piece, in places like m.6)
what is shitpost

Altissimo

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Altissimo

New Pokémon arrangements -
Route 34: MIDI / MUS / PDF
Pokémon League: MIDI / MUS / PDF
A Rival Appears! (1): MIDI / MUS / PDF

Altissimo

Overhauled the Ham-Hams Unite and Ham-Ham Heartbreak sections of the main post. I went through and made each sheet in the Ham-Hams Unite section submission-ready and replaced the links with ones to the new arrangement.

I also recently uploaded two playlists that contain every song used in both games, which hasn't been put on Youtube before, and I made my own OST numbers and track titles. This is basically for my own use because I plan to arrange every song from each OST and it'd be easier to work with if I had a numerical idea of what I was doing. Not only that, but the audio is clearer than some of the other uploads of the same tracks (including my own uploads from weeks past!), so it'll be helpful when I start giving these to submitters. I've accordingly updated every Youtube link between these two games with links to my own playlist.

My eventual goal, as stated, is to get every sheet from both games on the site. I plan to do as much of Ham-Hams Unite as I can by myself, but since I'm not really that good at 32-bit music, anyone who sees this is totally welcome to pick up a song from Ham-Ham Heartbreak (ones that I'm sure fans want to see include Moonlight, Boo Manor, the title screen, boss theme, Sandy Bay, Sandy Bay Island/Dizzy For You, and final credits, roughly in order of most to least interesting, at least to me) if you're interested in trying to arrange something from a game you might not have arranged before! I wrote down the key sigs (just from a minute of listening) and time signatures in a Word document, so I can easily provide those should you decide to take on the challenge!!

Altissimo

I would like to announce that as of today, I have finished notating every song in the Hamtaro: Ham-Hams Unite soundtrack!

They have not been "arranged" yet, only notated. But arranging comes easy once the song has been notated. It's just a matter of doing it, and I'll probably do it this weekend. Keep your eyes peeled!

DonValentino

Quote from: Altissimo on September 03, 2015, 08:33:53 PManyone who sees this is totally welcome to pick up a song from Ham-Ham Heartbreak (ones that I'm sure fans want to see include Moonlight, Boo Manor, the title screen, boss theme, Sandy Bay, Sandy Bay Island/Dizzy For You, and final credits, roughly in order of most to least interesting, at least to me) if you're interested in trying to arrange something from a game you might not have arranged before! I wrote down the key sigs (just from a minute of listening) and time signatures in a Word document, so I can easily provide those should you decide to take on the challenge!!

Oh oh I may do Sandy Bay and Dizzy For You if you don't mind! I spent quite some time with my GBA just listening to those tunes back then lol

Also, isn't the "Final Credits" already "Hamour"?

Altissimo

Final final credits. This.

Anyway, I linked to the playlist before, so feel free to do this tunes :)