News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

General Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Started by K-NiGhT, July 10, 2015, 07:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

So my  college is probably going to be forming a partnership with Slippery Rock's smash Bros club to host tournaments. The ones held at my college will be monthly and we'll be trying to attract people from PA and Ohio and such.

BotW Link

Do you guys think that in a new Smash Bros, there should be a function where instead of changing the character's color, you should be able to change the different versions of the character, like for Link, you can do versions like Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, or even Breath of the Wild

Dudeman

You mean like how Project M does some of the characters? I'd be for model swaps for some characters, yeah. It would certainly be a way to show off some characters without making clones COUGH COUGH LUCINA COUGH CHOKE SPUTTER
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 25, 2017, 04:42:21 PMSo my  college is probably going to be forming a partnership with Slippery Rock's smash Bros club to host tournaments. The ones held at my college will be monthly and we'll be trying to attract people from PA and Ohio and such.
It will be called Grabbing is Basically Cheating

Dekkadeci

Quote from: BotW Link on August 21, 2017, 12:16:33 PMDo you guys think that in a new Smash Bros, there should be a function where instead of changing the character's color, you should be able to change the different versions of the character, like for Link, you can do versions like Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, or even Breath of the Wild
Given that I've read that SSBB's Zelda designs are explicitly based on specific games' designs (I forgot whether it was Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess), I don't think this will happen. They'll probably think "too much effort to make all those character models".

I bet they were exhausted after making all the Koopalings for SSB4.

SlowPokemon

Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are their Twilight Princess versions. (Though you can change Link to resemble the Fierce Deity version of Link from Majora's Mask.)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

triforced1

I think they'll put more effort into the next smash game than they did for Smash 4, just because it'll be restricted to one console again. Hopefully that means more effort into better costumes and game modes and stuff too. Like Link, for example, might have the BotW skin in addition to the classic one. Maybe we'll get that cool Mewtwo skin from the movie too.

Maelstrom

I can't see it happening for quite some time. The dev cycle on these games is ridiculous. Also, are you implying sm4sh didn't receive a lot of time and effort? Brawl/sm4sh have spoiled us. Most fighting games come with >20 characters. Besides, which would you rather have, more characters, or new skins? They chose the latter, and ran with it. If you want skins, go for mods. Well, when people find a new way to softmod Wii Us, that is.

triforced1

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 21, 2017, 02:49:48 PMI can't see it happening for quite some time. The dev cycle on these games is ridiculous. Also, are you implying sm4sh didn't receive a lot of time and effort? Brawl/sm4sh have spoiled us. Most fighting games come with >20 characters. Besides, which would you rather have, more characters, or new skins? They chose the latter, and ran with it. If you want skins, go for mods. Well, when people find a new way to softmod Wii Us, that is.

I'm implying that a lot of content had to be cut to span both the Wii U version and the 3DS version. Brawl had Subspace Emissary and a pretty good single player mode. Smash 4 does not. Also, all of the sound effects with the exception of DLC and new characters were reused from Brawl. I have to give them a hand for making new stages though, but I feel like the development process from Melee to Brawl was much more productive than the one from Brawl to Smash 4, even though the time between releases was nearly the same.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: triforced1 on August 21, 2017, 02:56:26 PMI'm implying that a lot of content had to be cut to span both the Wii U version and the 3DS version. Brawl had Subspace Emissary and a pretty good single player mode. Smash 4 does not. Also, all of the sound effects with the exception of DLC and new characters were reused from Brawl. I have to give them a hand for making new stages though, but I feel like the development process from Melee to Brawl was much more productive than the one from Brawl to Smash 4, even though the time between releases was nearly the same.
I read that Sora Ltd. cut SSE/story mode from SSB4 because they hated the spoiler cycle that resulted from SSBB's SSE.

I think the biggest content that got cut to span both Wii U and 3DS versions was the Ice Climbers. I wouldn't mind seeing those guys again, even if I suspect mains of their SSBB incarnation could get good enough to beat optimally played Meta Knight mains more than 50% of the time (and Meta Knight got banned from SSBB tournaments at points for being too good, and that guy ended up in 1st place in every single SSBB tier list while 2nd place changed more often).

mikey

Posting in dead forums pogchamp
Spoiler
World of light is a big dumb
[close]
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Some of these fights are just not fun with the handicaps
unmotivated

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Wolf

Hi everyone. I play local wireless Japan on SSBU. Looking for people to play online.
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic