News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Arrangement Project - Closed -

Started by DonValentino, July 13, 2015, 12:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Welcome to NSM's official Arrangement Project initiative. Past the break you will find it's specific rules and guidelines. Please read!

• Initially, an AP will consist of all the soundtrack from the selected game. In order to close one AP, one of these three requirements shall be met: that 2 months without significant contributions (significant feedback or new arrangements) to the AP have past; that all the soundtrack has been arranged, or that the staff decides to close it for some reason.

• After the AP is closed, the Updaters will discuss every sheet and give feedback accordingly so they can be accepted. Once all sheets are accepted and the update takes place, a new AP shall be started, not before. If anyone is interested in doing an arrangement project themselves, go ahead though, but it will not be treated as official.

• Important: A common template will be offered and it is mandatory to use it in order for the sheet to be accepted. This will cut down any ambiguity between different sheets in terms of layout and stablish common sheet info for every single arrangement. Both Finale 2012 and Finale 2014 templates will be offered, but at least a .mus file is always required in case of using Finale 2014.

• In the template all info will be provided except arranger name and song title. Regarding track names, official soundtrack names will prevail over any other naming. If there's no official tracklist, the most accurate title shall be chosen.

• As most of the arrangements will need fixing after they are done, and in order to reduce the hassle of regenerating PDF's and MIDI's again after each update, please post only a .mus file (musx. optional). PDF's and MIDI's shall be created once the sheet is fully corrected and therefore, accepted.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Templates: [MUS] (MUSX)

Arrangement list:
Hourly Themes
K.K. Songs
  • "K.K. Jongara" [MUS] (mariolegofan)
  • "K.K. Jongara (Aircheck)"
  • "Bubblegum K.K." [Folder] (mariolegofan)
  • "Bubblegum K.K. (Aircheck)" [Folder] (mariolegofan)
  • "Bubblegum K.K. (Music Box)" [Folder] (mariolegofan)
  • "Hypno K.K." [Folder] (Tobbeh99)
  • "Hypno K.K. (Aircheck)" [Folder] (Tobbeh99)
  • "Hypno K.K. (Music Box)" [Folder] (Tobbeh99)
  • "K.K. Adventure (Aircheck)" [Folder] (AwesomeYears)
  • "K.K. Bazaar" [Folder] (Tobbeh99)
  • "K.K. Bazaar (Aircheck)" [Folder] (Tobbeh99)
  • "K.K. Bazaar (Music Box)" [Folder] (Tobbeh99)
  • "K.K. Disco" [Folder] (TheMarioPianist)
  • "K.K. Disco (Aircheck)" [Folder] (TheMarioPianist)
  • "K.K. Disco (Music Box)" [Folder] (TheMarioPianist)
  • "K.K. Birthday" [Folder] (TheMarioPianist)
  • "K.K. Birthday (Aircheck)" [Folder] (TheMarioPianist)
  • "K.K. Birthday (Music Box)" [Folder] (TheMarioPianist)
  • "K.K. Island (Aircheck)" [Folder] (ThatGamer)
  • "K.K. Stroll" [Folder] (Tobbeh99)
  • "K.K. Stroll (Aircheck)" [Folder] (Tobbeh99)
  • "K.K. Stroll (Music Box)" [Folder] (Tobbeh99)
  • "Space K.K." [Folder] (Tobbeh99)
  • "Space K.K. (Aircheck)" [Folder] (Tobbeh99)
  • "Space K.K. (Music Box)" [Folder] (Tobbeh99)
  • "K.K. Moody"

~ Color legend ~
  • Black: Not arranged yet.
  • Purple: Arranged, not accepted.
  • Green: Accepted!
  • Blue: Already on site.

Specific rules:

- All hourly themes shall include its Rainy / Snowy variations. You can find a rehearsal mark in the expressions section under the dynamics menu of Finale.

- In addition, for consistency, please write all hours like this: "X:00 A.M." or "X:00 P.M.". (With the dots between "A.M." or "P.M." and the colon after the hour).

- About Live K.K. songs: To keep the standards of the K.K. songs on site, for the Live versions it will be enough with the plain title, no "(Live)" after it. Aircheck and Music Box keep that though: "K.K. X (Aircheck)" / "K.K. X (Music Box)"

AwesomeYears

Remember to list all the KK songs that are new to the game (because the Aircheck from older games are the same as the ones in New Leaf)

I'll take 1 PM!

Edit: The New Leaf K.K. Slider songs are...
  • Bubblegum K.K.
  • Hypno K.K.
  • K.K. Adventure
  • K.K. Bazaar
  • K.K. Birthday
  • K.K. Disco
  • K.K. Flamenco
  • K.K. Groove
  • K.K. Island
  • K.K. Milonga
  • K.K. Moody
  • K.K. Oasis
  • K.K. Stroll
  • K.K. Synth
  • Space K.K.
+ K.K. Jongara which has already been done (by me!)

Source: http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/K.K._Slider_song_list_(New_Leaf)

Tobbeh99

Looked around on the internet to find a complete soundtrack list. Found some small and some really big. I don't know if This is the entire soundtrack, and I'm less sure about the names :/. If the soundtrack is that big we probably won't be able to arrange the entire soundtrack. So I have 2 ideas how we can make this project more clear
1) Write a reasonably long list of songs that must be arranged in order of completion of the project, probably the most common and well-known themes, but thereby giving people the option to arrange other less common themes as well as an addition to the project, like their favorite themes.
2) We make a limit at say 50-60 songs, people can arrange whichever song they like, and when that's reached the project is done.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

AwesomeYears

Looking at the album, there are a hell lot of SFX and fanfares, (maybe you can put all the fanfares in one sheet like Bespinben's PMD fanfare collection) a set of 24 hours for normal, rainy and snowy, music for each building etc. Also, no K.K. Songs in there :P

SlowPokemon

I've already done 1PM mwahahaha. It's in my submissions thread.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

I am done with 3, 4, 5, 9, & 10 AM. They are on my thread.
I shall claim more later.

Sebastian

Sorry for the Double post.
I have some info. for the project
-We should have all the accepted songs on the OP like in the last project and the links.
-Composers: Manaka Kataoka & Atsuko Asahi
-Date of release: November 8, 2012

And why do we have to use the same template? I really like the one I'm using (Deku's)

Olimar12345

Quote from: mariolegofan on July 13, 2015, 07:51:21 AM-We should have all the accepted songs on the OP like in the last project

We will. Why wouldn't we?

Quote from: mariolegofan on July 13, 2015, 07:51:21 AMAnd why do we have to use the same template? I really like the one I'm using (Deku's)

Because the last AP formatting was a mess and this will make it easier to keep things uniform.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 13, 2015, 07:57:17 AMBecause the last AP formatting was a mess and this will make it easier to keep things uniform.
Ok. I think I'm using the right one anyway. Because Bespinben gave me the one I am using a while back. He said it was one Deku made.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DonValentino

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on July 13, 2015, 04:20:06 AMLooked around on the internet to find a complete soundtrack list. Found some small and some really big. I don't know if This is the entire soundtrack, and I'm less sure about the names :/. If the soundtrack is that big we probably won't be able to arrange the entire soundtrack. So I have 2 ideas how we can make this project more clear
1) Write a reasonably long list of songs that must be arranged in order of completion of the project, probably the most common and well-known themes, but thereby giving people the option to arrange other less common themes as well as an addition to the project, like their favorite themes.
2) We make a limit at say 50-60 songs, people can arrange whichever song they like, and when that's reached the project is done.

We actually discussed this some days ago. Actually, thank you for finding a full soundtrack in English! I also did that research and got the same results, being the best option a full YT playlist in French.

Well, writing all the songs was the initial plan, however, being as it is a huge soundtrack, it'd be a pain to rewrite it just for the AP. Either way, not that all those 180+ tracks would be arranged anyway. Experience also tells not even half. So we decided to just make this an "open" AP, with people just posting their NL arrangements so they can be featured in the AP.

Your suggestions are very appreciated, but still, it's a either a whole soundtrack or nothing problem: who's to decide which 50-60 should be chosen, or which are the well-known themes. I'd honestly be just complicating things even more.

That said, I thank you again that you found a complete soundtrack in English! It was my primary concern with this tbh, but it has now been solved thanks to you. I'll embed that link on the project title.

Quote from: AwesomeYears on July 13, 2015, 03:19:28 AMRemember to list all the KK songs that are new to the game (because the Aircheck from older games are the same as the ones in New Leaf)

Edit: The New Leaf K.K. Slider songs are...
  • Bubblegum K.K.
  • Hypno K.K.
  • K.K. Adventure
  • K.K. Bazaar
  • K.K. Birthday
  • K.K. Disco
  • K.K. Flamenco
  • K.K. Groove
  • K.K. Island
  • K.K. Milonga
  • K.K. Moody
  • K.K. Oasis
  • K.K. Stroll
  • K.K. Synth
  • Space K.K.
+ K.K. Jongara which has already been done (by me!)

Source: http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/K.K._Slider_song_list_(New_Leaf)

Quote from: AwesomeYears on July 13, 2015, 04:51:16 AMLooking at the album, there are a hell lot of SFX and fanfares, (maybe you can put all the fanfares in one sheet like Bespinben's PMD fanfare collection) a set of 24 hours for normal, rainy and snowy, music for each building etc. Also, no K.K. Songs in there :P

Yes, those will be added separately. Thank you very much!

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 13, 2015, 06:33:16 AMI've already done 1PM mwahahaha. It's in my submissions thread.

Very good! May I ask you for a little extra effort though? Please use the .mus template that's in the OP, and please also post the link here! Only a .mus is enough. :)

Quote from: mariolegofan on July 13, 2015, 07:43:06 AMI am done with 3, 4, 5, 9, & 10 AM. They are on my thread.
I shall claim more later.

Please post a link to .mus files here.

Quote from: mariolegofan on July 13, 2015, 07:51:21 AMSorry for the Double post.
I have some info. for the project
-We should have all the accepted songs on the OP like in the last project and the links.
-Composers: Manaka Kataoka & Atsuko Asahi
-Date of release: November 8, 2012

And why do we have to use the same template? I really like the one I'm using (Deku's)

As songs are done, they will be added to the OP. All that info is already in the template, no need to add it to the OP. Well, iirc you did write all info in the OP of the PM AP, however, we just went through wrong sheet info when evaluating the sheets. A common template will ensure formatting is correct in all sheets and that all have consistent sheet info.

Arrangers already have all the info in there so they don't have to look for it, and updaters can have good formatting in all sheets, everybody wins. In remembrance of Satoru Iwata, there's no better time to say, "Please understand.".

Edit: ninja'd. Yes, what Olimar said.

Sebastian

Ok. No need to go to my page to get the MUS. I'm fixing them and will post them here momentarily.
Do you just want a mus? Or the whole shebang?

Olimar12345

Just the mus pls.

Quote from: DonValentino on July 13, 2015, 08:01:32 AMIn remembrance of Satoru Iwata, there's no better time to say, "Please understand.".

So much win in this omg

Tobbeh99

I like your idea of an open AP. I guess we just close the project when we feel like, when we got enough arrangements. :)
Feel free to post the like to the soundtrack in the OP, that way people can easily get the correct titles and look at what songs there are to arrange.

A question, in the template you've included the copyright and the URL, but when I start a new sheet with it, it disappears, and only the copyright symbol is left. My question is: How do you make a new sheet with template and the copyright and URL stays??
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

DonValentino

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on July 13, 2015, 08:16:19 AMA question, in the template you've included the copyright and the URL, but when I start a new sheet with it, it disappears, and only the copyright symbol is left. My question is: How do you make a new sheet with template and the copyright and URL stays??

Hmm how weird. Just in case, you don't have to create a new sheet, you just have to open the template and start arranging. :J

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 13, 2015, 08:08:12 AMSo much win in this omg

;)