The UNOFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project

Started by Yug_Guy, September 30, 2015, 04:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I keep the claiming system in place?

Yes. I feel better knowing that someone else won't try to arrange the same song as I am.
No. I'd like to arrange the songs I want on my time, not on someone else's whim.
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Zeila on November 21, 2015, 09:46:09 PMI don't have a piano near me (at least until I get home, but even then I'm not the best player out there), but what you could do is take out the bottom octave for the 2 sixteenth notes sandwiched in between the other two (or just remove the last two) if it's too hard to play for some people. Also, I don't know if you just left out harmonies starting at m29 until you finished the song and waited to add them, or if you omitted them for some other reason, but it makes the song sound much fuller.

Here's a picture showing the changes that I made (in blue). You could also apply them to the following measures since the changes are identical

Also, some other things you could edit are places like m19-20 where you have the 32nd notes. You could just choose to use grace notes instead so that it looks slightly neater, but it's up to preference I suppose. In measure 36, some people wouldn't be able to play that 10th interval unless they either arpeggiate it or use their left hand (I don't know if that is worth notating or not)

Other than those details, I think you've done a good job so far! Moreover, there is still time to make changes and improve upon it, so don't worry about it :3

I don't think I even noticed those harmonies. I still can't hear them that well, so I'll take your word for it that those are the correct notes. I inserted the notes into Layer 1 instead of using half notes for playability with octaves and neatness, but if it should be done like you notated it, then feel free to tell me.

I'm not really sure what to do with that tenth interval since there are some people who can reach it, nullifying the need of arpeggiating it. I don't the left hand should make a big jump, either. I'd say just leave it as is, but I'm not certain about that.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Sebastian

Thanks Zeila and others for help giving feedback! As you noticed, I've been busy recently and hope to get back to this project soon. I'll try to get back to it this afternoon.

Zeila

I think it's fine (or even better) if you leave it in the 1st layer. In that case (with the 10th interval), I guess you could just leave it as it is and have the performers deal with it in their own way

No problem mario!

mastersuperfan

Alright, for the most part, the arranging itself is done. I'm sure it needs a lot of revision, since I had to do a lot of balancing between playability and accuracy to the piece, and the parts are very difficult to discern from each other, especially the bass. Speaking of which, I can't tell what the bass is playing in m63 for the life of me. Can anyone help?

In m39-54, where I've notated rests in the left hand, I feel like the bass might be playing notes there, but I can't hear them well nor tell what they are. That section in general feels a little iffy to me. I would also use a repeat sign, but from what I could tell, m39 and m47 are slightly different by the first note of the bass, so I decided to notate it out. Also, even though they're currently notated the same in the arrangement, m46 and m54 are still technically different from each other.

One last thing: from m55-62, the arrangement consists of the same two measures played over again 4 times. Should I use a repeat here? I decided against it because in the original theme they're different due to another part coming in, but it's not in the arrangement. Other thoughts?

This took way too long to arrange; I'm glad I'm mostly finished with the transposing now. That was way harder than I expected it to be. O.O
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Sebastian

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Yug_Guy

I'm going to be claiming a few shorter songs, including:
*Anticipation
*Run!
*Pathetic House
*Spooktune/Spookwave
*Live Report
*Death Report

If anyone really wants one of these, don't be hesitant to ask. Just keep in mind that I will probably have these completed very soon, so your window of opportunity is pretty small.
(And yes, I'm still working on Amalgam. It should be done pretty soon.)

Latios212

Bespinben did Anticipation already; he just didn't post it like I told him to... :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Latios212 on November 22, 2015, 12:37:01 PMBespinben did Anticipation already; he just didn't post it like I told him to... :P
Right. Gonna check that one off the list...

Enaryok

I thought it would be harder, but I managed 027 - Dating Fight!, now In Submission. The panel says I've reach max submissions (2), even if one of them has been accepted...

Dropbox link instead, I don't think it need review but I'm still open to suggestions.

I'd love to do the two Mettaton's report songs but let's face it, Your Best Nightmare's gonna keep me busy a while and my semester exams are approaching... ;__;

Btw Pathetic House is a really slowed down version of Muffet's theme, if you want to spare yourself some time ;) (pun intended =P)

mastersuperfan

Mmm, probably not up to this myself, but I'm hoping that in the near future someone claims Turnabout Sisters Dating Start!
Not because I really like Ace Attorney music or anything

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Enaryok on November 22, 2015, 12:44:19 PMI thought it would be harder, but I managed 027 - Dating Fight!, now In Submission. The panel says I've reach max submissions (2), even if one of them has been accepted...

Dropbox link instead, I don't think it need review but I'm still open to suggestions.

I'd love to do the two Mettaton's report songs but let's face it, Your Best Nightmare's gonna keep me busy a while and my semester exams are approaching... ;__;

Btw Pathetic House is a really slowed down version of Muffet's theme, if you want to spare yourself some time ;) (pun intended =P)

The 3rd and 9th notes in the left hand of most measures, turn them from an eighth note into two sixteenths tied together to show the beat clearly. Same applies to the right hand in m4, m6, m8, and m10-11--turn it from a dotted eighth into a sixteenth tied to an eighth.

Title should be in quotes.

Delete "Dating Fight!" in the top left.

Pretty sure normal pianists can't reach that far in the right hand near the end.

Beginning repeat is unnecessary.

Don't use a repeat sign at the end; use a D.C. instead. You already have repeats earlier on.

Yug_Guy

To prove how serious I am when I say "I'll probably have these completed soon," here's "Run!"

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Yug_Guy on November 22, 2015, 02:56:47 PMTo prove how serious I am when I say "I'll probably have these completed soon," here's "Run!"

The whole thing should be in 4/4. Those 12/8+2/4 parts are just two 4/4 measures. Convert the whole piece into 4/4, and you'll see what I mean.

I believe that the whole thing should be notated as a 4/4 with half the speed so that the eighth notes become sixteenths and the tempo marking is "Quarter Note = 125."

The formatting's gone a little wonky. "Pno." should be taken out, and there should be an indent in the first line. Also, "Piano" is in the wrong font.

Zeila

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 22, 2015, 09:43:34 AMIn m39-54, where I've notated rests in the left hand, I feel like the bass might be playing notes there, but I can't hear them well nor tell what they are. That section in general feels a little iffy to me. I would also use a repeat sign, but from what I could tell, m39 and m47 are slightly different by the first note of the bass, so I decided to notate it out. Also, even though they're currently notated the same in the arrangement, m46 and m54 are still technically different from each other.

I can hear the rests. If you really can't tell, you could try placing a staccato on the notes followed by a rest. Since the two sections only differ slightly, what you could do is add the background synths (which are present in both parts) to the second part to give it more flavor

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 22, 2015, 09:43:34 AMOne last thing: from m55-62, the arrangement consists of the same two measures played over again 4 times. Should I use a repeat here? I decided against it because in the original theme they're different due to another part coming in, but it's not in the arrangement. Other thoughts?

If it's not in the arrangement there should be a repeat sign. If you ever decide you want to make a few changes (namely dynamics) you can still put a repeat and just put it in the correct format. By the way, the key signature is actually B minor (or D major, idk)

You missed some harmonies from m55-end, although some of them may be hard to play, and others are 10th intervals so you can leave some out or put them up an octave. I also put m64 down an octave. The bass part in the last two measures are kind of hard to hear (for me anyways), so you could put it in another layer (in case you don't want to put the entire left hand into another channel and redo dynamics) and channel then change the dynamics. It might make more sense to lower the dynamics for the 1st staff, but it's your choice.

On another note, I'd like to claim 4 more songs:
030 - Undyne
041 - Chill
056 - Confession
083 - Here We Are