News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The UNOFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project

Started by Yug_Guy, September 30, 2015, 04:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I keep the claiming system in place?

Yes. I feel better knowing that someone else won't try to arrange the same song as I am.
No. I'd like to arrange the songs I want on my time, not on someone else's whim.
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Zeila

After taking a quick glance, I'm curious as to what program you (or possibly E. Gadd) used before transferring it over to finale notepad. I can help with the formatting, but I won't be able to until 5 hours from now due to hw/class so anyone else that is willing to do so can feel free.

Other than that, I noticed that the left hand notes are simply wrong starting from m5 (idk til when). At least for the first two measures, it should alternate between Ab and Eb. I think each down beat should have an accent as well, but you should also try and see what sounds best to you. Another thing is that you may want to write two dotted eighth notes and a reg eighth note as a dotted eighth, sixteenth tie in places like m4 (I'm not sure whether or not you have to). The melody starting from after the 2nd ending on p2 might actually be chords but you might want someone else's opinion on that

E. Gadd Industries

I used MuseScore. How would I go about fixing that MASSIVE gap?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mastersuperfan

Quote from: BrainyLucario on December 08, 2015, 04:13:32 PMHere is "Undertale": *click*
Tell me what you think!

Formatting issues (but I don't think you're able to fix that).

Tempo is way too fast.

Missing harmonies... Starting from the very beginning. I'd send you a copy of what I had, but I seem to have lost it. I advise slowing down the audio to take a closer listen. Notably, there's also a Bb playing above the low Eb that would be placed in the left hand.

Left hand from m5 on is flawed--the Ab, G, and C should all be one octave lower and on each beat, not offbeat. The Es are the notes on the offbeat.

In m11, the Ab should be Bb.

From m13 onwards, the melody is only playing on the upper octave, so don't put in the extra octave doubling.

There are simply a lot of voices missing throughout the entire piece that could be implemented. I admire your enthusiasm, but there are so many voices throughout the piece that makes it very difficult to make a good arrangement of (which is why I dropped it). It will need a lot of work before it will be accepted.

I've really only looked at the first page so far, but I might look at the rest later.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

E. Gadd Industries

How would I fix that? (BL comes up with the sheet music and has me put it in Finale, since he lacks the resources to do so) Anything formatting-wise is my fault, but I will show him the music parts. I started the piece in MuseScore, because of the key change, clef change, ad everything in between, then uploaded it as a .XML file to be imported into Notepad.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 08, 2015, 05:20:38 PMFormatting issues (but I don't think you're able to fix that).

There are simply a lot of voices missing throughout the entire piece that could be implemented. I admire your enthusiasm, but there are so many voices throughout the piece that makes it very difficult to make a good arrangement of (which is why I dropped it). It will need a lot of work before it will be accepted.
Yeah I noticed that, too. The voices are a pain to work with.

Zeila

I don't know how you would fix it, but I went ahead and fixed a lot of the formatting errors. I couldn't figure out how to fix that one system where it was too thin, so I copied it to a new file.

Some other stuff I did:
I took mastersuperfan's word for it and added a Bb above the Eb in the beginning (sorry if I misunderstood)
I added staccatos to the offbeat for the left hand starting m5 (granted I didn't do it for all of them)
I fixed the notes (for the beginning) and added a harmony for the down beat (you should have other people confirm as well - I could be wrong)
I got rid of the octaves starting at m13 and left it as octaves at m22
Hid some unnecessary rests
Some other stuff I forgot

Another thing to note is that in m13, you can see how it can get muddy, so I'll leave it up to you to see how you can fix it. Also at m38, there weren't any harmonies in the melody (not that I can recall), but there were chords in the background so I went ahead and implemented them in the melody. Feel free to change them if you hear something wrong

There's still quite a bit to be done, but you've done a nice job so far

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Zeila on December 09, 2015, 12:41:45 PMI don't know how you would fix it, but I went ahead and fixed a lot of the formatting errors. I couldn't figure out how to fix that one system where it was too thin, so I copied it to a new file.

Some other stuff I did:
I took mastersuperfan's word for it and added a Bb above the Eb in the beginning (sorry if I misunderstood)
I added staccatos to the offbeat for the left hand starting m5 (granted I didn't do it for all of them)
I fixed the notes (for the beginning) and added a harmony for the down beat (you should have other people confirm as well - I could be wrong)
I got rid of the octaves starting at m13 and left it as octaves at m22
Hid some unnecessary rests
Some other stuff I forgot

Another thing to note is that in m13, you can see how it can get muddy, so I'll leave it up to you to see how you can fix it. Also at m38, there weren't any harmonies in the melody (not that I can recall), but there were chords in the background so I went ahead and implemented them in the melody. Feel free to change them if you hear something wrong

There's still quite a bit to be done, but you've done a nice job so far
Thanks! I'll see what I can fix as well.

E. Gadd Industries

So, are all the formatting errors fixed? If not, what is left?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Yug_Guy

Hey! Sorry for leaving you guys with only sporadic updates, I sometimes don't feel like there's much I need to say about a given topic. I usually just update links and stuff without any fanfare. But I'm still here! Anyway, I guess I'll do a quick update(?):

I just got done fixing up Live Report, and while I was able to implement most of mastersuperfan's suggestions, there are one or two that have to sit at the wayside for now. (Thanks for nothing, Notepad)

We've gotten a lot of arrangements done right now, and not a whole lot of songs left to choose from in the main soundtrack. If anyone is interested, there are still some non-OST songs you can claim at the bottom of the song list. If anyone is wondering which songs any of those are, I got them from this playlist, so be sure to take a listen. Word of warning: All the songs except the last four don't have official names, so feel free to correct or replace the names I have if you find a better source.

I would also like to advise anyone whose NSM Panel has less than two songs to go ahead and submit their Undertale arrangements. It might be awhile before we see an Undertale Arrangement project come to fruition, so submitting it is probably the next best thing. I'll be sure to link to your submissions post from the OP.

Otherwise, don't expect a whole lot of activity from me. Finals are coming up soon, followed by Christmas, so I'm gonna be busy these next two weeks. I'll still update everyone's links in the OP, and I may get some time to do an arrangement, but other than that don't look forward to too much.

And with that, I'll wish everyone a happy December! May your company be jolly, your fireplaces warm, and your gifts plentiful.

Also, BrainyLucario, could you let me know which version of Undertale you want me to put in the OP? There's 2 or 3 arrangements all in different states of completion, and also done by different people. Thanks!

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 10, 2015, 05:32:52 PMHey! Sorry for leaving you guys with only sporadic updates, I sometimes don't feel like there's much I need to say about a given topic. I usually just update links and stuff without any fanfare. But I'm still here! Anyway, I guess I'll do a quick update(?):

I just got done fixing up Live Report, and while I was able to implement most of mastersuperfan's suggestions, there are one or two that have to sit at the wayside for now. (Thanks for nothing, Notepad)

We've gotten a lot of arrangements done right now, and not a whole lot of songs left to choose from in the main soundtrack. If anyone is interested, there are still some non-OST songs you can claim at the bottom of the song list. If anyone is wondering which songs any of those are, I got them from this playlist, so be sure to take a listen. Word of warning: All the songs except the last four don't have official names, so feel free to correct or replace the names I have if you find a better source.

I would also like to advise anyone whose NSM Panel has less than two songs to go ahead and submit their Undertale arrangements. It might be awhile before we see an Undertale Arrangement project come to fruition, so submitting it is probably the next best thing. I'll be sure to link to your submissions post from the OP.

Otherwise, don't expect a whole lot of activity from me. Finals are coming up soon, followed by Christmas, so I'm gonna be busy these next two weeks. I'll still update everyone's links in the OP, and I may get some time to do an arrangement, but other than that don't look forward to too much.

And with that, I'll wish everyone a happy December! May your company be jolly, your fireplaces warm, and your gifts plentiful.

Also, BrainyLucario, could you let me know which version of Undertale you want me to put in the OP? There's 2 or 3 arrangements all in different states of completion, and also done by different people. Thanks!
Use the one Zeila fixed for me, since that's the fixed (But not Final) version. I also wanted to claim "Dogsong (Dunked on version)"
This should be the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1ak4wjr12oip3e/Undertale.mus?dl=0

E. Gadd Industries

All I need to know is what to fix concerning formatting. If anything needs to be fixed based on music, I'll talk to Brainy concerning getting the music from him to fix it in a .MUS file
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

JesterMusician

I decided to make my own version of Death by Glamour. I made it from scratch, since mastersuperfan took his down. Going to make the MUS file after my exam.

Seems like there's always a couple of extremely difficult measures. In this one, it's 49-50.

https://musescore.com/user/5489651/scores/1510346

mastersuperfan

Quote from: JesterMusician on December 11, 2015, 08:04:26 PMI decided to make my own version of Death by Glamour. I made it from scratch, since mastersuperfan took his down. Going to make the MUS file after my exam.

Seems like there's always a couple of extremely difficult measures. In this one, it's 49-50.

https://musescore.com/user/5489651/scores/1510346

Erm, where did you get the idea that I "took mine down"?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

JesterMusician

Oh I'm sorry, I thought you did because the link is broken in this post. Dropbox says the file doesn't exist so I assumed you took it down.