The UNOFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project

Started by Yug_Guy, September 30, 2015, 04:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I keep the claiming system in place?

Yes. I feel better knowing that someone else won't try to arrange the same song as I am.
No. I'd like to arrange the songs I want on my time, not on someone else's whim.
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Dudeman

Any particular reason there's a pickup measure at the beginning? It seems pointless.

also I totally called it where are my brownie points
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Yug_Guy

Hey guys, I've been a little busy the past two days, what with Thanksgiving and all, and uh... I don't remember much of Wednesday for some reason, so I'll try and get everything updated. Should take a few minutes...

Oh yeah, I almost forgot! Since we were so close to claims/sheets of the OST finished, I figured we could get all the other songs done as well! You know, the Genocide run songs, So Cold, Get Dunked On, Gutsman's Ass...

Anyway, I'll be getting those up as well. They should be up as soon as I get a good list compiled.

mikey

Are there usually cuss words in the title?  I'd think it's unprofessional
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: Yug_Guy on November 27, 2015, 03:14:46 PMGutsman's Ass...
Me: Ha ha, good one, Yug_Guy, but there's no way the Dummy fanfare is that similar.

*Looks up the Guts Man's ass clip*

Me: O__O
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Yug_Guy

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 27, 2015, 03:15:37 PMAre there usually cuss words in the title?  I'd think it's unprofessional
It's probably not the actual name of the song in game, but Toby used the sound clip from an old meme called Gutsman's Ass for the Dummy encounter. We can call it something different for the arrangement.

Speaking of which, all the other songs are... already in the first post. In Wingdings. With one song done already.
...with font only in Wingdings...
was my account hacked or something? And why did they choose only to put the extra songs in there? I'll probably have to ask the mods about it...

In the meantime, I'll get everything de-Wingdinged... so we can get started? I guess? Yay?

Dudeman

I believe the actual title for the fanfare is "DUN DUNNNNNNN" or something to that effect. I'll take a look.

EDIT: Well, I guess it doesn't really have an actual title, but I've seen it listed as "Dun-Dunnnnnnn" before. I'd suggest using that. Number of n's is purely arbitrary.

Yugi

https://www.mediafire.com/?oq2cits9067oumc

Power of Neo is done, but can someone confirm for me that the notes are right before I fully update it?

Enaryok

QuoteDating Start! Genocide

Wait WHAT? It does exist? O_O
Also, you missed Genocide CORE. Oh, and most, if not all Genocide songs are just lower-pitched, maybe slightly distorted versions of the normal songs, so people willing to do them should start from the normal sheets.

Kinne

I know of a music box that reads notes off of holes in a slip of paper, letting you make custom songs. I've been wanting to make some undertale papers, but there's a problem. The sheet music being made are too complex. Some notes are out of range for the music box, some notes are too close together for the holes to be separated, most of them have baselines that aren't suitable for a music box, etc.

I was thinking of making a request thread for musicbox-friendly UT sheet music, but I get the feeling people will jump down my throat for "making a request thread for something already being worked on" without reading that there are rules to my request that make it different.

So I was wondering if anyone could alter some of the sheet music here to turn it into music box sheet music. These are the notes available. Basically, I need the actual notes, without any baseline (As an example, the baseline of "Spider Dance" is far too fast for a music box, but the normal notes are a good speed; whereas "Death by Glamour" would become unrecognizable if enough notes were removed to be playable)

These are the songs I'm hoping for:
"Memory" Want this one the most ("His Theme" is too complex for the music box)
"Home (Music Box)"
"Oh! One True Love"
"Spider Dance" (Not a priority for me)

This is the music box I'm going to get if I can find suitable sheet music

Sebastian

Maybe Latios could help you make a music box version of Home (musicbox)^

Btw, Yug Guy, Your Best Friend is on site.
Also feedback for the songs on here is going to be low. I'm working on the Undertale songs in the submissions. I encourage everyone here to submit your Undertale songs. 👍
I'm gonna see if I can get some Updater help.

mastersuperfan

Okay, I'm thinking about dropping Undertale. Not because I don't have time for it... but because I want to arrange more PSMD themes instead. :3

Braixen, do you want it?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Kinne

By the way, there are 9 songs listed in OP as "accepted to site", but the site only has 4 available.

The site has:
"Home"
"Snowy"
"Start Menu"
"Your Best Friend"

Listed as "accepted to site" but not available on the site (Should they be listed as "in submissions" since they're not actually added to the site yet?):
"Determination"
"Bonetrousle"
"NGAHHH!!"
"Menu (full)"
"Megalovania"

Also, if you're linking the "in progress" songs to the dropbox files, why not link the "accepted to site" songs to the pdf/mus/mid links on the site? Might help avoid listing tracks as available when they're not.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Kinne on November 29, 2015, 08:57:26 AMBy the way, there are 9 songs listed in OP as "accepted to site", but the site only has 4 available.

The site has:
"Home"
"Snowy"
"Start Menu"
"Your Best Friend"

Listed as "accepted to site" but not available on the site (Should they be listed as "in submissions" since they're not actually added to the site yet?):
"Determination"
"Bonetrousle"
"NGAHHH!!"
"Menu (full)"
"Megalovania"

Also, if you're linking the "in progress" songs to the dropbox files, why not link the "accepted to site" songs to the pdf/mus/mid links on the site? Might help avoid listing tracks as available when they're not.

They've been accepted, but the site hasn't been updated yet. The sheets aren't added to the site individually, but instead many are added at one time.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

JesterMusician

Quote from: Kinne on November 28, 2015, 08:01:13 PMI know of a music box that reads notes off of holes in a slip of paper, letting you make custom songs. I've been wanting to make some undertale papers, but there's a problem. The sheet music being made are too complex. Some notes are out of range for the music box, some notes are too close together for the holes to be separated, most of them have baselines that aren't suitable for a music box, etc.

I was thinking of making a request thread for musicbox-friendly UT sheet music, but I get the feeling people will jump down my throat for "making a request thread for something already being worked on" without reading that there are rules to my request that make it different.

So I was wondering if anyone could alter some of the sheet music here to turn it into music box sheet music. These are the notes available. Basically, I need the actual notes, without any baseline (As an example, the baseline of "Spider Dance" is far too fast for a music box, but the normal notes are a good speed; whereas "Death by Glamour" would become unrecognizable if enough notes were removed to be playable)

These are the songs I'm hoping for:
"Memory" Want this one the most ("His Theme" is too complex for the music box)
"Home (Music Box)"
"Oh! One True Love"
"Spider Dance" (Not a priority for me)

This is the music box I'm going to get if I can find suitable sheet music

Mmm, you're in luck, dear.

I've already made Bonetrousle for music box, but I haven't uploaded the video yet. I can start working on those songs in due time.

Sebastian