News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The UNOFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project

Started by Yug_Guy, September 30, 2015, 04:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I keep the claiming system in place?

Yes. I feel better knowing that someone else won't try to arrange the same song as I am.
No. I'd like to arrange the songs I want on my time, not on someone else's whim.
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JesterMusician

It's been 2 months since these claims were made, and no visible progress has been made on them, so I'm going to reclaim for myself:

022 - sans.
046 - Spear of Justice

Sebastian

BrainyLucario

Has Gaster's Theme actually been claimed? I actually might have wanted to do that one.... the in progress by ?? is kind of confusing
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: JesterMusician on December 18, 2015, 01:18:04 AMIt's been 2 months since these claims were made, and no visible progress has been made on them, so I'm going to reclaim for myself:
022 - sans.
046 - Spear of Justice
Uh... I realize it's been a while since these were chosen, but please don't be brash like this. I contacted some of the people claiming songs a little while back asking if they'd made any progress, and they all said yes but they were all a little busy. So let's just respect the claims until I say you can have them, okay?

That being said, Yugi said he was going on indefinite hiatus for a while, so I guess for now you can do "Spear of Justice."

Quote from: BrainyLucario on December 18, 2015, 08:43:28 AMHas Gaster's Theme actually been claimed? I actually might have wanted to do that one.... the in progress by ?? is kind of confusing
Yeah, it's done and... Goddamit, more wingdings...

EDIT: @Jester - I'll link to your submissions, but did you at least ask Oronoco first when you arranged it?

JesterMusician

First version of Spear of Justice is up!

(...also sans. Didn't see Yug_Guy's reply before I finished it...)

JesterMusician

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 18, 2015, 08:51:27 AMEDIT: @Jester - I'll link to your submissions, but did you at least ask Oronoco first when you arranged it?

I didn't ask him. As I mentioned in the submissions thread, the Memory arrangement came up when someone informally requested a music box version - turning it into a piano version was trivial.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: JesterMusician on December 18, 2015, 09:10:32 AMI didn't ask him. As I mentioned in the submissions thread, the Memory arrangement came up when someone informally requested a music box version - turning it into a piano version was trivial.
Fine. But can we please hold off on arranging other people's claims until I've sorted out what's still being arranged and what's not? I understand if you think they've been sitting for a long time, but you don't know if someone's been putting their heart & soul into an arrangement, and then you submit their song long before they get the chance to show it to everybody.

I am working on figuring out what's going on in that regard, so just hang tight for now, okay?

Th3Gavst3r

Still a little salty I didn't get Gaster's theme, his name is just too close to mine >_>

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mastersuperfan

I also want Small Shock (Genocide).

Which is also... really short. But... it's so powerful when you hear it in-game.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 18, 2015, 03:37:56 PMI also want Small Shock (Genocide).

Which is also... really short. But... it's so powerful when you hear it in-game.
I agree!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Zeila

I finished Chill and have a few things to say about it:
  • For the midi file, I used strings as the instrument instead of piano because it sounded empty. Is this acceptable?
  • I made a list of the chords: (Bmaj9 / Gmaj7 / G#6 / G#m / Amaj7 / Dmaj7(add9) / E9sus2 / Abmaj7)
    If some of them are wrong according to the progression note-wise and/or notation-wise (I'm not very well versed in music theory), then I'll go ahead and fix it
  • Some of the notes on the left hand are just octaves, while some I believe are actually there. Is that okay?

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: JesterMusician on December 18, 2015, 09:01:15 AMFirst version of Spear of Justice is up!

(...also sans. Didn't see Yug_Guy's reply before I finished it...)

Am I the only one who hears 7/8 in this? I would prefer 7/8 counting so much more .-.

dinos24SP

I have my final three additions to this project completed. They are:

CORE Approach:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/irgzmos72a54n69/AAA4qoAXwEkGGk8tjye6JoLGa?dl=0

Small Shock:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hxvbx9sv6vg2a35/AADlPq_J3_iInQlQVMfbU-Nra?dl=0

and Ghost Fight:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/73rloqdgmb6e0p6/AAD_qU9iNoX-YTBok6NjYbOFa?dl=0
(worth noting for this one that it was based heavily off of a sheet put together by an arranger named Shadoninja)

Thanks to Yug_Guy for organizing this incredible project! Anyone who wants to make changes to any of my sheets can do so as they wish.