News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The UNOFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project

Started by Yug_Guy, September 30, 2015, 04:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I keep the claiming system in place?

Yes. I feel better knowing that someone else won't try to arrange the same song as I am.
No. I'd like to arrange the songs I want on my time, not on someone else's whim.
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

dinos24SP

Oh, and I don't have PDFs for any of those three because Finale Notepad doesn't export in that file type, so if any of you would like to convert those, it would be greatly appreciated!

Shadoninja

Quote from: dinos24SP on December 18, 2015, 08:12:18 PMand Ghost Fight:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/73rloqdgmb6e0p6/AAD_qU9iNoX-YTBok6NjYbOFa?dl=0
(worth noting for this one that it was based heavily off of a sheet put together by an arranger named Shadoninja)

it me.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

dinos24SP

O_o I had no idea you were on this forum! Feel free to take ownership of Ghost Fight. I only changed a couple notes. If I'd known you were on here, I would've just asked you to post it instead of transcribing the entire thing myself lol

Zeila

I made some changes to the songs you (dinos) posted

CORE Approach
- Changed the page layout to 100% and added an indent for the first system. Also its 3-3 instead of 4-2 measures
- I added a part that you missed to the left hand
- Both staves are bass clef
- I added a crescendo and diminuendo

Ghost Fight
- I halved all the note lengths and tempo marking
- This is more of a comment, but I'm not sure if 73% is legal. I left it at that for now though (also because I have no idea if you are going to submit it or not)

Small Shock
- Changed the page layout to 100% and added an indent for the first system
- Got rid of the last two measures and moved the repeat bar

Also, I finished Undyne. Some parts are a bit iffy though

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: dinos24SP on December 18, 2015, 08:13:47 PMOh, and I don't have PDFs for any of those three because Finale Notepad doesn't export in that file type, so if any of you would like to convert those, it would be greatly appreciated!

Open the print dialog in notepad, then go to its settings and change your printer to "Microsoft Print to PDF." Now once you hit "print" it'll open a file explorer where you can choose where to save the .pdf

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Zeila on December 18, 2015, 06:25:12 PMFor the midi file, I used strings as the instrument instead of piano because it sounded empty. Is this acceptable?
That's the updater's call, not mine.

Quote from: Zeila on December 18, 2015, 09:51:33 PMGhost Fight
You wanna double check that? There are some measures repeated when they shouldn't be and some parts just plain missing.

Also, I've talked with some people about their claims, and some have decided to give some of them up. Feel free to claim them if you so desire.

Dudeman

Quote from: Zeila on December 18, 2015, 09:51:33 PMAlso, I finished Undyne. Some parts are a bit iffy though
Would it hurt to drop the right hand in ms. 1-4 down an octave? If it were up to me I'd drop the ostinato from the right hand from then on and focus solely on the theremin's voice for ms. 5-12, as the melody is getting lost in the pattern.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Th3Gavst3r

Zeila

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 18, 2015, 10:22:53 PMYou wanna double check that? There are some measures repeated when they shouldn't be and some parts just plain missing.
Whoops, my bad. Fixed. I also edited a few other things
Quote from: Dudeman on December 18, 2015, 10:26:32 PMWould it hurt to drop the right hand in ms. 1-4 down an octave? If it were up to me I'd drop the ostinato from the right hand from then on and focus solely on the theremin's voice for ms. 5-12, as the melody is getting lost in the pattern.
Also fixed

BrainyLucario

I have to get sans!!!
Oh wait... Jester claimed that.... My bad!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

JesterMusician

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on December 18, 2015, 07:55:53 PMAm I the only one who hears 7/8 in this? I would prefer 7/8 counting so much more .-.

I think the pulse is mostly 3+3+2+2+2 sixteenths (6/16 + 3/8). It's awkward but the notation is written to reinforce that stressing. I subdivided beams to reflect that better.

I also changed the second key to G# minor instead of Ab minor.

mastersuperfan

Wait, what happened to whoever was arranging CORE?

If it's open now, I want!

EDIT:

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on December 18, 2015, 10:55:36 PMJumpin on Premonition and CORE :D

Oh... Never mind. :[
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

BrainyLucario

Does anyone else hear that some of the notes have an echo effect on them??? Would that be a voice i should try to add???
I finally got finale notepad so I should be able to work on it more now..
BTW... Finale Notepad is really annoying!!!

Zeila

Sure thing. Just don't put it in at 3:30 (at that point it's served its purpose imo). It might get clunky though, so you could just test it out in one part and see how you like it. Also, you can just post the YouTube link (I see that you tried to customize it though, but I guess you either did it wrong or it doesn't work)

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Zeila on December 20, 2015, 11:51:47 AMSure thing. Just don't put it in at 3:30 (at that point it's served its purpose imo). It might get clunky though, so you could just test it out in one part and see how you like it. Also, you can just post the YouTube link (I see that you tried to customize it though, but I guess you either did it wrong or it doesn't work)
I can't even put it in!!! I tried to add it but I can't put anymore notes!! Is there a way to do that?