The UNOFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project

Started by Yug_Guy, September 30, 2015, 04:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I keep the claiming system in place?

Yes. I feel better knowing that someone else won't try to arrange the same song as I am.
No. I'd like to arrange the songs I want on my time, not on someone else's whim.
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Zeila

I'd say that the best solution is to put the echoed notes in its own layer (with a dynamic or two lower). You could either resize the note heads or change it to something else while notifying that the performer should play it like that (what I did is make the note heads x's and created a new expression called eco). There might be an official way to notate it, but I wouldn't know. I have no idea if you can even modify the note heads in notepad though

BrainyLucario

And how would i put them in their own layer? I literally just got finale notepad, and the only reason i was even able to put this song into finale notepad was with E. Gadd Industries help.... So i really don't know how to do certain things still...
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Zeila

There are numbers at the bottom left corner of the page right next to "Page." If you want any layer (including the left hand) to have a different dynamic, then go to window > score manager, then click on the arrow next to the part instrument and put each unique part in a different channel. I'm not sure if you can hide expressions or rests in notepad so for now you can just leave it be until someone can edit it for you

BrainyLucario

ThePopStarDude

I have a question for the one that's doing Gaster's theme... What's the point of the leading tone? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the song could very well be arranged without it. Is it just there to not make sense? Because of how the song loops in-game?
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: ThePopStarDude on December 22, 2015, 09:12:50 AMI have a question for the one that's doing Gaster's theme... What's the point of the leading tone? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the song could very well be arranged without it. Is it just there to not make sense? Because of how the song loops in-game?
I was actually thinking the same thing....

BrainyLucario

Sorry for constantly switching my claims but I actually wanted to take Bergentrückung instead of Danger Mystery

BrainyLucario

Bergentrückung rough draft done! feel free to leave some feedback! I'm sure it's not perfect but that's what feedback is for!
Bergentrückung .mus file

deku_link

Quote from: BrainyLucario on December 23, 2015, 04:04:25 PMBergentrückung rough draft done! feel free to leave some feedback! I'm sure it's not perfect but that's what feedback is for!
Bergentrückung .mus file
The notes sound pretty off key.
I'm an eldritch abomination darn it! I can lurk around whatever websites I want!

BrainyLucario

like i said.... It's still a work in progress... The notes could be completely wrong..... I just have the basic concept of it...

mastersuperfan

Quote from: BrainyLucario on December 23, 2015, 04:04:25 PMBergentrückung rough draft done! feel free to leave some feedback! I'm sure it's not perfect but that's what feedback is for!
Bergentrückung .mus file

I can't even recognize the notes.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 23, 2015, 07:21:09 PMI can't even recognize the notes.
Yeah.... I might have been way off on this one..... I'll see if i can fix  this in any way
Edit: the notes are completely off.... I am terrible with notes..someone might have to fix that.... I just started on this piece, bear in mind.

mastersuperfan

Would you mind if I took Bergentrückung, then? Fixing it up would honestly be the equivalent of rearranging it from scratch.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

deku_link

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 24, 2015, 09:09:39 AMWould you mind if I took Bergentrückung, then? Fixing it up would honestly be the equivalent of rearranging it from scratch.
If it helps any, I've already made sheet music for my own personal use. It sounds weird in  finale, since I can't figure out how to actually alter volume, but if you play the bottom staff (which should be in bass, again I'm terrible with finale) at piano and the top at mesopiano it's pretty good imo.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/x2cyfarhvp39bvv/Bregentruckung.mus
I'm an eldritch abomination darn it! I can lurk around whatever websites I want!

BrainyLucario

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 24, 2015, 09:09:39 AMWould you mind if I took Bergentrückung, then? Fixing it up would honestly be the equivalent of rearranging it from scratch.
Sure thing! I defenitly won't bbe of any use to that song..... I always overanalyze songs.....