The UNOFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project

Started by Yug_Guy, September 30, 2015, 04:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I keep the claiming system in place?

Yes. I feel better knowing that someone else won't try to arrange the same song as I am.
No. I'd like to arrange the songs I want on my time, not on someone else's whim.
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

mastersuperfan

Draft of "Bergentrückung": https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7wcdodj4nb9j6b7/AABfkQdCGtT2dUskqQ-bOeXma?dl=0&s=sl

I didn't double-check the baseline, but I think that the arrangement is mostly accurate. I contemplated adding in the echo notes but decided against it in the end.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

deku_link

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 24, 2015, 10:37:52 AMDraft of "Bergentrückung": https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7wcdodj4nb9j6b7/AABfkQdCGtT2dUskqQ-bOeXma?dl=0&s=sl

I didn't double-check the baseline, but I think that the arrangement is mostly accurate. I contemplated adding in the echo notes but decided against it in the end.
Pretty good, although I feel the notes need to be closer on the first staff (like in the sheet I posted) and there are a few notes to be added on the second staff.
I'm an eldritch abomination darn it! I can lurk around whatever websites I want!

mastersuperfan

Quote from: deku_link on December 24, 2015, 11:02:34 AMPretty good, although I feel the notes need to be closer on the first staff (like in the sheet I posted) and there are a few notes to be added on the second staff.

No, I don't think so.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

BrainyLucario

Nice work everyone! Let's keep this thing going!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Sebastian

I haven't forgotten about the ones I've claimed. If anyone hasn't done them yet, I should have them done this afternoon.

I'm also claiming these:
039 - Spookwave.
058 - Death Report
062 - Oh! Dungeon
066 - Last Episode!

Yug_Guy

Quote from: mariolegofan on December 29, 2015, 07:47:32 AMI haven't forgotten about the ones I've claimed. If anyone hasn't done them yet, I should have them done this afternoon.

I'm also claiming these:
039 - Spookwave.
058 - Death Report
062 - Oh! Dungeon
066 - Last Episode!
Great!

EDIT: Actually, Spookwave is kind of already done? It's the same tune as Spooktune, and someone's got that done...
You might want to hold off on that one for now.

Yug_Guy

Okay, I'm gonna be totally honest with you guys: I just don't think the claim system's working anymore. The idea I had setting it up was that we'd essentially divvy up all the songs that people wanted, so we could get all the songs arranged faster without treading the same ground over and over again. But lately, there's been more than a few hiccups in this system. People dropping arrangements like flies, people up and leaving NSM, people doing songs that have been claimed and/or already in progress. I've tried dealing with these issues as much as I could, but there really isn't a whole lot I can do.

So I ask you, the community: should I even continue doing it this way? Or are we better off getting these done individually? I've set up a poll to see what the general consensus is. Let me know what you think should be done.

I've really tried to make this work guys. I just hate to see it slip through my fingers like this.

FireArrow

Claims were never for concrete "I'm arranging this you can't." It's more of a "Warning: I'm arranging this."
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BrainyLucario

It's not your fault Yug_Guy...even with the most complex system... mistakes are bound to happen..
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Enaryok

As said, it's more to warn other users than to impose them something.

If someone decides to submit an arrangement I already did but I'm waiting to submit because I've reach the sub limit, I'll blame it on the submitter and not the guy that did his best to avoid this kind of situations. ;)

Sebastian

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 29, 2015, 12:13:16 PMOkay, I'm gonna be totally honest with you guys: I just don't think the claim system's working anymore. The idea I had setting it up was that we'd essentially divvy up all the songs that people wanted, so we could get all the songs arranged faster without treading the same ground over and over again. But lately, there's been more than a few hiccups in this system. People dropping arrangements like flies, people up and leaving NSM, people doing songs that have been claimed and/or already in progress. I've tried dealing with these issues as much as I could, but there really isn't a whole lot I can do.

So I ask you, the community: should I even continue doing it this way? Or are we better off getting these done individually? I've set up a poll to see what the general consensus is. Let me know what you think should be done.

I've really tried to make this work guys. I just hate to see it slip through my fingers like this.
I agree. The songs I claimed though I will be doing in the next 2 days (tops) while I have time off. So don't worry about the ones I claimed.
About the others, maybe if the person that claimed them doesn't arrange them in a week it can be claimed by another?

ThePopStarDude

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 29, 2015, 12:13:16 PMOkay, I'm gonna be totally honest with you guys: I just don't think the claim system's working anymore. The idea I had setting it up was that we'd essentially divvy up all the songs that people wanted, so we could get all the songs arranged faster without treading the same ground over and over again. But lately, there's been more than a few hiccups in this system. People dropping arrangements like flies, people up and leaving NSM, people doing songs that have been claimed and/or already in progress. I've tried dealing with these issues as much as I could, but there really isn't a whole lot I can do.

I voted on there, and I think both have their ups and downs. I think these songs are getting arranged pretty quickly either way. I've been busy with updaters this past month, so I haven't been as active on this forum.
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.

Olimar12345

Just want to let you guys know that if you haven't already voted for Undertale to become an official arrangement project, the tiebreaker second round ends tonight! You can vote by following the link below:
http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7914.msg321267#msg321267
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 30, 2015, 10:10:19 AMJust want to let you guys know that if you haven't already voted for Undertale to become an official arrangement project, the tiebreaker second round ends tonight! You can vote by following the link below:
http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7914.msg321267#msg321267
Please, we need all the help we can get!

Sebastian

Voted for Undertale.

Btw, I have 3 of the 5 that claimed arranged. I'm gonna upload them all at the same time so stay tuned!