News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Undertale

Started by Nebbles, October 06, 2015, 08:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

If Undertale went against Pokémon RB, SMW, or SSBM its first round or two, it wouldn't have stood a chance.

But instead, it went against ME3 first, arguably the weakest of its opponents, and won--simply because it deserved to. And from that point on, it just snowballed in popularity and kept going.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Nebbles

Can all of you do me a favor, and if you dislike Undertale, please get out? This isn't a thread for you to shit on a game that we actually like.

You're being rude to us and harassing us over a game. Grow up and get over it.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

would you prefer I made an undertale sucks thread?  Cause like it or not this is where the undertale talk goes
and it just so happens that talking about undertale=telling people why it's bad.  So if you'll allow me to have my opinion and please NOT be an incredible jerk I'd thank you.  This is why nobody likes you.
unmotivated

Nebbles

I'd let you have an opinion if you bothered to actually respect others.

Dudeman

You know, I think we'd be far more open to your criticisms, Nocturne, if you actually said why you dislike the game. You just keep saying "lol this game sucks and I hate it." Frankly, we have no reason to care about your opinion unless you give us good reasons as to why we should. So please, enlighten us. What is so off-putting about Undertale?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 13, 2015, 11:32:29 AMWHAT THE CRAP
BARBIE'S RIDING CLUB WAS A BETTER GAME THAN THIS
EVEN MELEE ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO THE BEST GAME EVER
ok both of those statements are wrong
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

MaestroUGC

Alright, all of you cool it. People can have differing views of what to like and dislike, and this is an appropriate place to talk about Undertale, whether you like it or not. However, you can express both of those opinions without insulting one another.

Nocturne, your first post regarding in this thread was a blanket "it sucks" statement, which is rather innocuous on its own. However you followed that up by calling everyone else "terrible people."

Spoiler
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 15, 2015, 06:09:15 PMimo This game sucks.  A friend bought it for me and I hate it, but I feel bad because he bought it so I keep playing it anyway
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 15, 2015, 06:14:25 PMK then so how do I beat mettaton you terrible people
[close]

You can disagree with one another if you can do so respectfully, but Noc you've been more than vitriolic towards people because they like the game and you don't. So if all of you can take a few steps back and cool down, then everything can be groovy.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Tobbeh99

My opinions depending on the result:

If Melee wins -> Yayay Melee won it deserved it! :) Undertale is an OK game, but still no match for Melee.

If Undertale wins -> That F##### game, how the fffff did that $$$ game win!?? worst game ever! I'll hate the game and it's supporters for all of eternity!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Nebbles

Please don't be rude to Undertale fans if it wins. You're allowed to express upset about it winning over Melee, but harassing fans about it? Please don't do that.

mastersuperfan

...What have I done...

Also IMO Melee is way overrated, and PLUS it beat out Chrono Trigger, the game I was hoping to win the entire competition... So I'm all in favor of Melee losing.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

braix

Opinions are opinions. Whatever wins is just the winner of that one poll. That doesn't decide whether or not your opinion is valid.
Just chill. It's just what some other person on the internet thinks about something. Does that dictate anything?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Tobbeh99

Apart from Undertale I'm fine with the finalists. Too bad I didn't noticed this until like the finals when all Melee groups made me aware of it, it would've been fun voting in the earlier stages as well. One game I missed was a game from the Guitar Hero series. Guitar Hero 3 is easily one of the best games I've ever played.

Also I'm starting a new topic for the discussion of the competition: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7896.0
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

K-NiGhT

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 13, 2015, 12:26:43 PM...What have I done...

Also IMO Melee is way overrated, and PLUS it beat out Chrono Trigger, the game I was hoping to win the entire competition... So I'm all in favor of Melee losing.
so your game lost and you're salty about it got it
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

FireArrow

Meh, comparing melee to undertale is kinda hard to do. How exactly do they define "best game ever." Melee is certainly the best competitive game ever imo and has infinite replay value, but the actual game play of it when not competing is rather lack luster.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 13, 2015, 12:04:18 PMwould you prefer I made an undertale sucks thread?  Cause like it or not this is where the undertale talk goes
and it just so happens that talking about undertale=telling people why it's bad.  So if you'll allow me to have my opinion and please NOT be an incredible jerk I'd thank you.  This is why nobody likes you.

How is anyone being a jerk to you? You got asked to leave when you were being a jerk to other people, that's what happens.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Olimar12345

Haven't played it yet and plan to try it out over the break, but this is absurd and seems like a hype thing.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!