Game: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
Console: Multiplatform
Title: A Mortal Heart
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Tobbeh99

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

FireArrow

I'm hearing the C chords in measure one as root position. You may also wanna put a slur on that grace note in measure 9 since it's leading into it.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Tobbeh99

tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

I've been thinking about the part meausres 13-20. I think it's much harder than the rest of the song, and I've thought about simplifying it a bit. By making the LH chords half notes instead of quarter notes, this will make the section easier and less "stuff" to think about. I would like to hear from you what you think about the idea. 

edit: Nvm I think it's much better and it makes the music sheet more accessible.

10/10 tobbeh

FireArrow

I really don't think it makes it that much easier but go for it if you want.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Tobbeh99

I changed it back, it actually doesn't make it much easier and it's just unnecessary. Anyway, do I need to any more changes or is this one good to go? 

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

10/10 tobbeh

mastersuperfan

Move the initial piano dynamic marking over to the right. I don't know if this actually matters, but I don't find it visually appealing to have it that far to the left.

Signify that the player should use pedaling, since this quite obviously is not playable without it.

(inner OCD speaking here) Move the initial tempo marking a little upwards so that it's not so close to the slur. Do the same with the meno mosso at the top that is almost touching the fermata.

I don't see any other immediate problems. The second half is quite messy, but I'm not sure if that can be cleaned up at all.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Tobbeh99

Thanks for the feedback! Good catch on the p, I moved a bit to the right, don't know why I had it as far to the left.

For the ped, I don't know. First of it is kind of obvious that this sounds better with pedal, that's why I didn't write it. And secondly I find it hard to make the text look nice, it's so far to the left, since I got a low bass note there. I might remove it, idk, you can see for yourself and you'll see what I mean.

Tempo: I want the tempo to be close to the sheet and not to far away, but I moved it up a bit.

I don't think I can write the second half in a better way, it's just the nature of that part, lot's of voices (like 5 actually).

10/10 tobbeh

Bespinben

The acciaccatura 2nd bass has many ledger lines. You probably realized that using ottava (8vb) was not an acceptable solution, since it would cause the 1st layer chords too many ledger lines. To solve this predicament, I propose using 3-staff piano notation, with the bottom two staves dedicated to the LH.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Tobbeh99

Thanks for the advice Bespinben. I don't know if I like having 3 staves, makes it look more complicated, but it's better than having lots of ledger lines.

I've updated the files, have a look!

10/10 tobbeh

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot