The OFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project!

Started by Olimar12345, December 30, 2015, 06:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

Quote from: BrainyLucario on February 11, 2016, 06:35:16 AMIf you even want this on site, formatting will have to be fixed. You will also have to actually give us the mus file, which may be a finale exclusive file.

You can export Musescore files as .xml and import them into any Finale version, then save as .mus.

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on February 09, 2016, 10:37:54 PMI don't think it will count, but if it's appreciated:

https://musescore.com/user/7073331/scores/1735026

Dude, like we wouldn't appreciate a good arrangement. :D
Plenty of duets and two-piano sheets have been accepted before and I don't see why this one shouldn't get through, but like Brainy said, NSM has some specific formatting which you can read about here. Unfortunately Finale is the only program out there that uses .mus files, but Notepad is just as free as MuseScore and there's always free trials for the better stuff. That said, most things should be preserved with the .xml export Altissimo suggested, and you've already done most of the formatting naturally.

Sebastian

Quote from: Sebastian on December 31, 2015, 09:13:04 AMHere is Oh! Dungeon

I made it kind of simplistic (left out those super fast upbeat notes because they're extremely hard to play at 190 BPM).
I noticed this one wasn't in the DB folder.

Also, I should have Waterfall done soon.

WaluigiTime64

The formatting has been corrected, as well as some unnecessary things, but the .mus file is not going so well.

https://musescore.com/user/7073331/scores/1735026

There's a clef change that didn't pick up in the .xml, and some text I couldn't edit.

Someone help please: https://www.dropbox.com/s/us7prrom72ogyhk/Death_by_Glamour%202.mscz?dl=0

Also I knew about formatting, etc. but I didn't want to go through that hassle if anybody wanted to mention anything (note-editing-wise).

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on February 11, 2016, 10:39:08 AMDude, like we wouldn't appreciate a good arrangement. :D
Plenty of duets and two-piano sheets have been accepted before and I don't see why this one shouldn't get through, but like Brainy said, NSM has some specific formatting which you can read about here.

What I meant was that it wouldn't be included for the Arrangement Project, not about the site itself.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Zeila

I made a template for you instead of directly editing the file. Let me know if any of the key or clef changes are off. If you're planning on submitting this though, octave clefs aren't allowed, so I didn't use them, and you should halve all of the note values (280 is unnecessarily fast). If you can't do that (efficiently) in Musescore, then I (or someone else) could do it for you

Just use the imported xml -> mus file and copy/paste it onto the template once everything's set

WaluigiTime64

Ay, guess what's up: .mus

If there's another problem then I hope it's not a major one.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on February 12, 2016, 06:36:30 PMAy, guess what's up: .mus

If there's another problem then I hope it's not a major one.

Looks so much better than it did (obviously lol)
Just a couple of things left:
  • Most of your 8va's are overlapping notes, endings, etc. Same goes for the first ending notation on page 5
  • Every system (new line of staves) should have the measure number on the first bar [tut]
  • Each new page should have a small running header for the title of the piece

(I'm not actually sure how to link the header text to the main title text, I just know the site template has it set up already...)
It looks like you're not using Notepad, so it should be simple enough to do all that. Ask if you run into trouble

WaluigiTime64

This is the best I can do: mus

For whatever reason Finale absolutely refuses to have measure numbers, and I don't know why. (At least my version of Finale, which doesn't have a "Measure" button in the palette)

BrainyLucario

"So Cold" is a really broken song. Because of this, I can't seem to figure out the duration of the song. Could anyone help me here? The only YouTube video of the song is an extended version...Can someone with the game check the files and time it? It would really help me.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Nebbles

...unless I'm blind, I don't see it the soundtrack.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Nebbles on February 18, 2016, 02:34:20 PM...unless I'm blind, I don't see it the soundtrack.
It's an unofficial soundtrack song. There should still be a sound file for it...right?

Nebbles

BrainyLucario

I'll just show you the song.

Nebbles

I know the song, but I'm saying it's not in the official OST that came with the game. So I don't know about the time length.

Dudeman

This is, again, why I'm so hesitant to go ahead with Genocide versions of pieces. Since they're basically just down-pitched and slower versions of the stuff on the OST I don't see why they need separate arrangements.

...besides, who even wants to play the depressing and messed-up sounding Genocide tracks anyway? No offense if you are someone who does.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book