E. Gadd's Word of the Week & Others' Interpretations of Said Word™️

Started by E. Gadd Industries, January 03, 2016, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

1/20/16 Miscible (adj.)- capable of being mixed; specifically: capable of mixing in any ratio without separation of two phases

Hm. A science term! What a rarity...
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Oronoco

There's a familiar term! *cringes*

I think Organic Chem still haunts me. I enjoyed it, but sometimes it wasn't my cup of tea.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

E. Gadd Industries

I think I'd be enjoying Chemistry more if my teacher was competent enough...
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 20, 2016, 10:42:24 AMI think I'd be enjoying Chemistry more if my teacher was competent enough...
I had the same problem with my General Chemistry class last quarter. It was a good thing I'd taken basically the same class in semester format my Junior year in high school so I knew what was going on, but this guy just could not speak effectively to save his life. Unfinished sentences, stuttering, awkward chuckling to mask a missed point (you know what I'm talking about)...
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

Yeah, did he ever go on random tangents that apparently made sense only to him?

1/21/16 Youthquake (n.)- a shift in cultural norms influenced by the values, tastes, and mores (?) of young people
I've never seen "mores" before. And that word...there are no words to describe it. Aside from random.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 21, 2016, 07:51:10 AMI've never seen "mores" before. And that word...there are no words to describe it. Aside from random.
Mores: Pronounced, "MOR-ays." Usually spelled with an accented e. Noun. The social customs and conventions of a community or society.

Basically this word is the 1970's. And, come to think of it, the 2010's.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Dudeman on January 21, 2016, 09:50:29 AMBasically this word is the 1970's. And, come to think of it, the 2010's.
Concerning youthquake or mores?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Youthquake. Morés are far more universal.

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

1/22/16 Hachure (v.)- to shade with or show by short lines used for shading and denoting surfaces in relief (as in map drawing) and drawn in the direction of slope

*cringes* I remember doing that in art class.... Ugh.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

braix

Hatching is really fun though why cringe
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

E. Gadd Industries

I don't gravitate to visual art as easily as most. I mean, don't hate me, but I just don't see the point in it. Cuique suum. I'm sure there is one, but it has never shown itself to me.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

braix

(Here's some hatching examples as a visual):
Quote from: braixen1264 on January 03, 2015, 03:43:40 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Quote from: braixen1264 on June 02, 2015, 12:26:34 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Honestly I only like pencil drawing and nothing else, save digital art. I think it's fun to look at something or imagine something and jot it down quickly, exactly as it looks in life or in your head. It's the satisfaction of seeing the outcome that keeps me drawing. If you're someone that's not into that, I don't really think you're in the minority.
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: braixen1264 on January 22, 2016, 07:41:28 AMHonestly I only like pencil drawing and nothing else, save digital art. I think it's fun to look at something or imagine something and jot it down quickly, exactly as it looks in life or in your head. It's the satisfaction of seeing the outcome that keeps me drawing. If you're someone that's not into that, I don't really think you're in the minority.
Personally, I don't think I have enough patience to art, which is a major contributing factor. XD
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

braix

Oh, same. That's why most of my drawings tend to take less than a day to draw xD