The UNOFFICIAL Mario Kart 8 Arrangement Project

Started by E. Gadd Industries, January 09, 2016, 02:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

Welcome to The Unofficial Mario Kart 8 Arrangement Project!

For this Unofficial Project, we will be focusing on Mario Kart 8.

Spoiler
[close]

WHOSE IDEA WAS THIS???
Myself (E. Gadd Industries), Sebastian, and TheMarioPianist.

What is an "Unofficial" Project? How is it different from an Arrangement Project?
For starters, the Arrangement Project is a project focused on arranging as many songs as possible from a particular game; the game is selected by a poll of forum members. The sheets arranged in these projects are reviewed by updaters, just like regular submissions. The differences in an "Unofficial" project are as follows:

•   Most likely no updater review
•   Completed sheets must still go through submissions

Other than that, it is basically the same thing. The goal is to either gain enough popularity that this becomes the official project once Undertale concludes or get featured in an update of our own.

What you need to know:

75.249573 kilograms of very important info
-If you begin work on a sheet, please post claiming the song so that I can edit the OP (original post) with the updated information. This keeps multiple people from working on the same song at the same time.
-Can't arrange? No problem; critique other sheets that either have not been looked at yet, or have just been revised. The Updaters will NOT be looking over these unless they decide otherwise.
-There is no limit to how many sheets one may work on simultaneously but I would recommend that every sheet you take you must complete or don't take it at all. Also, if you claim a sheet but then are unable to work on it, please post that you are relinquishing it so that I can remove your name and free the song up for other arrangers.
Who to contact for questions, comments, and/or concerns regarding this whole endeavor:
Yours truly. But Sebastian and TheMarioPianist would also be willing to give you a hand!   

We will be giving out a common template (just like in the Undertale project) so all the sheets will have the correct game/formatting info. And so it will be less of a hassle if we get an update.
Template

Here is the OST. We will be using the official names which these are.
OST

Our Goals for the Unofficial Projects:
We hope to arrange a sheet for every song in the target game. We will be fixing all musical and formatting errors that arise in each completed sheet, so that once they are submitted it should be less of a hassle on the updating crew. In addition, we hope to get the formatting up to par and make every sheet we do as top quality as possible! (For more on formatting, click me!)
Our ultimate goal is to get a swift update for each unofficial replacement project we do.

Questions you might ask:

What games will you be doing?
We will be starting with the games in the "Super Mario" section and depending on how fast we go, how many people are interested, and how daring the Updaters are feeling, will tell where we go next. For the time being, we will be doing only the "Super Mario" section.

Why the "Super Mario" section?
Well, there are 2 reasons actually.
1. TheMarioPianist, Sebastian and I are big Mario fans, and we do have a lot of Mario fans on NSM who would be interested in helping.
2. "Super Mario" and "Pokémon" are two vast libraries of video game music, and those will continue to gather a lot of popularity. For that reason, it only makes sense to arrange the new songs in those categories as soon as possible.

What if no one is interested?
Simple, TheMarioPianist, Sebastian and I will do all the songs ourselves. Our only goal is to get valuable and quality sheets on the site. But there obviously has been some interest, so I don't believe that this should be an issue anytime soon.

If you have a question that is not above, PLEASE ask! :) 
[close]

This website contains an in-depth list of who composed what. Simply scroll down to to section titled "Composers/Arrangers".
Here is a List of the songs from the OST:

• Mario Kart 8
  • Main Menu
  • Mario Kart Stadium -Taken by smashmusic
  • Water Park
  • Sweet Sweet Canyon -Taken by Latios212
  • Thwomp Ruins -Taken by Sebastian
  • Mario Circuit -Taken by F. L. U. D. D.
  • Toad Harbor -Taken by F. L. U. D. D.
  • Twisted Mansion -Taken by mastersuperfan
  • Shy Guy Falls
  • Sunshine Airport
  • *Dolphin Shoals* -Taken by The Mario Pianist
  • *Electrodrome* -Taken by F. L. U. D. D.
  • Mount Wario
  • Cloudtop Cruise
  • Bone-Dry Dunes -Taken by mastersuperfan
  • Bowser's Castle -Taken by E. Gadd Industries
  • Rainbow Road -Taken by Sebastian
  • WII Moo Moo Meadows
  • GBA Mario Circuit
  • DS Cheep Cheep Beach
  • N64 Toad's Turnpike -Taken by Sebastian
  • GCN Dry Dry Desert -Taken by Static
  • SNES Donut Plains 3
  • N64 Royal Raceway -Taken by mastersuperfan
  • 3DS DK Jungle -Taken by Sebastian
  • DS Wario Stadium -Taken by smashmusic
  • GCN Sherbet Land
  • 3DS Music Park
  • N64 Yoshi Valley
  • DS Tick Tock Clock -Taken by E. Gadd Industries
  • 3DS Piranha Plant Slide -Taken by E. Gadd Industries
  • WII Grumble Volcano
  • N64 Rainbow Road -Taken by Sebastian
  • GCN Yoshi Circuit -Taken by The Mario Pianist
  • Excitebike Arena -Taken by The Mario Pianist
  • Dragon Driftway
  • Mute City -Taken by BrainyLucario & E. Gadd Industries
  • WII Wario's Gold Mine
  • SNES Rainbow Road -Taken by The Mario Pianist
  • Ice Ice Outpost -Taken by Lenny Face
  • Hyrule Circuit -Taken by Zeila (although if you want it, she's willing to give it away)
  • 3DS Neo Bowser City
  • GBA Ribbon Road -Taken by E. Gadd Industries
  • *Super Bell Subway* -Taken by mastersuperfan
  • Big Blue -Taken by E. Gadd Industries
  • GCN Baby Park
  • GBA Cheese Land -Taken by E. Gadd Industries
  • Wild Woods -Taken by Lenny Face
  • *Animal Crossing*
  • Selection Screen
  • Selection Screen (Online)
  • Online Waiting Room -Taken by Sebastian
  • Spectating
  • Mario Kart TV
  • Top Goal Fanfare
  • Course Intro Fanfare* -Taken by Zeila
  • Race Start (Battle)* -Taken by Zeila
  • Race Start (Grand Prix VS)* -Taken by Zeila
  • Super Star* -Taken by Zeila
  • Final Lap Fanfare* -Taken by Zeila
  • Low Goal Fanfare* -Taken by Zeila
  • Mid Goal Fanfare* -Taken by Zeila
  • Top Goal Fanfare* -Taken by Zeila
  • Results Screen A** -Taken by Zeila
  • Results Screen B** -Taken by Zeila
  • F-Zero Results Screen
  • Animal Crossing Results Screen -Taken by Sebastian
  • Current Standings
  • Congratulations!
  • Nice Try! -Taken by BrainyLucario
  • Staff Credits -Taken by TheMarioPianist
List of participants:
  • E. Gadd Industries
  • Sebastian
  • mastersuperfan
  • Zeila
  • Latios212
  • The Mario Pianist
  • BrainyLucario
  • F. L. U. D. D.
  • Static
  • smashmusic
  • Lenny Face
Color code:
Black - Not yet arranged. (Claim me!)
Orange - In progress/Claimed.
Purple – Completed. Review pending.
Green - Approved by myself as well as other members here. Submit it!
Blue – In submissions.
Green – On-site or accepted. Good job!
Red – Retro track that is nearly identical to original. Arrangement may not be necessary, but feel free to do it anyway!
"*(Song Title)*" - Song that has two (or more) themes
*All these part of a fanfare collection sheet
**These will be combined as one sheet

Shoutout to TMP for giving this project the touch-up it needed!
It would be of your best interest to not encroach on the realms of Super Mario Sunshine sheet arranging. Others have tried, and for them it proved to be fatal.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

braix

FIRST
will be editing this later when I have time to arrange
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mastersuperfan

Mark me down for Twisted Mansion, Bone-Dry Dunes, and Super Bell Subway (Underground), but it might be a while before I get around to them. Not sure if I'll ever get around to that last one for a long while, so if someone else wants it...

Oh, and I'll take Wild Woods too.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

my eyes
these songs are too hard yeah can't try one

Link youtube videos?
unmotivated

Sebastian

Awesome! We gotta lot of help fast!
I'll be doing Rainbow Road (N64) to start.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 09, 2016, 02:26:59 PMAwesome! We gotta lot of help fast!
That's what I was thinking!

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 09, 2016, 02:25:58 PMLink youtube videos?
Oh boy... That'll take a bit. I'll get working on that in a few minutes. Thanks for reminding me!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Zeila

I found a link of what looks like the majority if not all of the mario kart 8 tracklist (they are all the extended versions, however)

That note aside, I'd like to claim Hyrule Circuit, Dragon Driftway, and Waterpark

Latios212

Things to consider:
- It's a better idea to color code by progress, not arranger. This makes it easier to see what's actually been done and what hasn't been arranged yet.
- There are problems with your listing, including wrong names ("Waterpark"--> Water Park"). ALL the tracks should be included, especially since there is an official soundtrack; just because it's a track not from a course doesn't mean people don't want to arrange it (See: the 3 sheets on site that aren't for courses). Here is the list of tracks.
- I'll claim Sweet Sweet Canyon. Tentatively.
- Also, playlist of regular-length versions.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Thanks Lat!
You think you can get that updated, Gadd?

E. Gadd Industries

Working on it as you're reading this.
Note: I'm doing things one bit at a time, so if you get on here and see one of the points fixed and none of the others, be patient

Edit: Everything has been updated!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

TheMarioPianist

I'm gonna claim stuff here...eventually. Don't know what yet.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

12Mari0

Mario: Some sort of superman who can smash bricks with his head. Dies when he touches a turtle. Nintendo logic.

TheMarioPianist

I'm claiming Yoshi's Circuit (GCN), Rainbow Road (SNES), and Excitebike Arena.

Couple other things to point out:

• Tracks that have two different themes (Eg: Above ground and under water) should probably be put in one sheet, with the two parts labeled. Someone else weigh in on this idea please?
  • At some point, we should go through the retro tracks and check if any of them are nearly (if not completely) identical to their original counterparts. Most have been reorchestrated or changed, but if any are the same, there is no reason to do them again.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: 12Mari0 on January 09, 2016, 10:08:44 PMOoh, I'll take Electrodome!
Quote from: TheMarioPianist on January 09, 2016, 10:38:05 PMTracks that have two different themes (Eg: Above ground and under water) should probably be put in one sheet, with the two parts labeled. Someone else weigh in on this idea please?

12Mari0, are you going with TMP's suggestion and taking both versions?

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on January 09, 2016, 10:38:05 PMAt some point, we should go through the retro tracks and check if any of them are nearly (if not completely) identical to their original counterparts. Most have been reorchestrated or changed, but if any are the same, there is no reason to do them again.
Would you like to discuss via Skype, TMP?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]