News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

TWG LXXXVII: The Amoeba Wand POST GAME!!!

Started by E. Gadd Industries, January 30, 2016, 06:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

To Noc: Ah, I see now. XDXD
Also, well, that game went down in flames... But I did learn from my mistakes! Heh heh heh... Something tells me that I'm just going to participate from now on, but it was fun, hosting one. It's something that I can say I've done! Gosh, there's a lot of data to keep up with! But oh well. That's what makes it fun! Role reveal:
BDS- Human (although he was turned on Night 2)
Brainy- Miller
Dudeman- Chef
AY- Mayor
TMP- Human
Fank- Human
Noc- Human
and last but not least:
davy- Brickbaker ( :P)

This game could have been better in more ways than 1 (or 2 or 3), but I tried. Any specific suggestions on how I could improve my ideas?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

1) Temporary side-changing is bad.  Don't do it unless it's done very  well
2) Wording.  You worded stuff very poorly and it made things difficult to understand- I don't know how much of this was the mechanic and how much of this was actual word choice, but the confusion was there.
3) Play more TWGs!
4) Write up more games and ask people what they think/how to balance them
5) Make sure you know everything that's going on.  My past few games I haven't done this, which is why they've been a little bit worse, but for the most part when I'm hosting I've got a spreadsheet with all info and a .txt of pretty much all conversations.  Immerse yourself in the game without giving info basically.
6) When playing, think about particular points of the current game that you like/dislike.  You can use your notes so that you don't accidentally design a gimmick that people don't enjoy.

oops this was only going to be like 2 things, but this is all stuff you can do
unmotivated

fank009

The main thing I want to point out.

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 29, 2016, 02:42:37 PMI know. But I like to throw in a few curveballs every now and again.

now I don't mind trollish games, but I feel in this game it's a bit too far and a bit too often. Mind you considering we also have
Quote from: BrainyLucario on January 29, 2016, 12:26:04 PMI have connections...

I feel that people got information they shouldnt have at times. I know I did.

I think the dangerous thing as host, is that you have all the information, and even though you are "god". doesn't give you permission to intervene in the game. it's all about having to know when  the wording between the wolves was ambiguous. there's too many inconstencies in the wording/write ups. when you have to be asked as to what specifically happened, that isn't a good sign.

Wolves were confusing. couldnt tell which wolf feature was for which wolf, and which wolf needed to die etc. at least clarify between the two wolves instead of suggest they were a team (???!!!??)

Item rng is stupid. being able to be guarded by chance I feel is not a good mechanic. and adds a whole lot of luck to it. especially in who you can seer/shoot

Mayor was too broken. day 3, you had game wrapped up.

I feel like guns needed to be hire on the drop rate. more deaths would have helped.

Can we have item drops? I dont think the game got all of them.

There should have been something in place for BDS to NOT play for town as he obviously did.

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 29, 2016, 05:35:33 PM
Spoiler
*Nightly News theme plays*
This just in: Police tape surrounds the local graveyard as officers investigate the exhumation of the corpse of TheMarioPianist. It appears that the body was brutally attacked by some large creature or other at some point during the night. More details as the story develops. In other news, local residents awoke last night to the sound of an attack seeming to come from the house of Fank009. The shrieks were immediately followed by a silence, and then sightings of a "large, hairy creature that made a beeline toward the woods," as local resident Dudeman claimed. Residents are encouraged to lock all entrances to their houses, and not to be out at night. If you have any news relating to the attacks, you are encouraged to contact local authorities as soon as possible. This has been E. Gadd Industries with your Nightly News: Events of the Dark. Be sure to tune in for the evening edition at 5:00 PM PST on 1/31/16 (which is 1:00 AM that next morning GMT)
[close]
this did leave it up in the air.

Seer/gun mechanics.
I have never seen seer/gun mecahnics like these. I think its about being familar with the status quo, it's good to mix it up once in a while. I think its just weird. changes everything... having the seerings/wolfings locked in. also timing of everything, you can just hipshoot everything. I guess it adds an element, just felt weird and unorthodox.

for a first time host, heck I've been worse. but yeah, experience does help in whats acceptable and not acceptable, - a few things, it wasn't too bad. just really janky.
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

fank009

now the game...

d1 lynch was rediculous. 4 way kitb.
I think the best way to describe it is people without information running with their heads chopped off. but that is how TWG should be sometimes.

I think hindsight I would have gone for davy for...
Noct NK clearing.
BDS being setup.

I would have loved to have seen what happened n3 though. I prolly would have ended up laughing xD. I think this is why you dont give me something I can systemically solve.

mikey

if fank and I agree about the problems you know they existed
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

I had a hunh I was the miller...I forgot about how the person who got miller was not announced.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

you mean, "E Gadd accidentally told me about the game"
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

Or I saw the roles on his computer....while we were at school....I didn't go by them though...He mislabeled them it apparently, for I thought the wolf was someone else

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BrainyLucario on January 30, 2016, 09:59:29 PMOr I saw the roles on his computer....while we were at school....I didn't go by them though...He mislabeled them it apparently, for I thought the wolf was someone else
Uhhhh...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Quote from: Dudeman on January 12, 2016, 10:26:34 PM* OH MY GOD!
* WILL YOU TWO JUST SMOOCH ALREADY!?
* THE AUDIENCE IS DYING FOR SOME ROMANTIC ACTION!!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

Actually, that's not at ALL how it happened. I started bringing my PC to school, and in English, we got put in a group for a project as something for finishing Julius Caesar. I pulled up Office Word (where the summary was kept) so I could take notes and develop a master list for the project (it's a talk show, mind you). Well, I already had the Summaries up, but I thought I had them scrolled down enough to where no one would see anything. I went to open up a new file, and there were the roles. Of course, I didn't say "Hey, Brainy, would you like to see the roles?". Instead, he saw me getting on my PC, and he HAD to see what I was doing (probably thought I was playing World of Goo or something). And you can imagine how the rest of the story goes:
He watches as I pull up Office Word, and then he gets robbed of his lunch money.
Wait, that ending is off. No, it ended by him seeing the roles and everything that I thought weren't showing in the first place, else I would've said something to him. Of course, I could have been a bit more careful, but I was 99.75572763960348763498% sure they weren't going to be displayed when I went to open a new file.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BrainyLucario

I'm clearly not to blame for that...anyhoo, I learned that being a human is really hard to prove...snd did you guys actually think I was the mayor?

fank009

Quote from: BrainyLucario on January 31, 2016, 09:32:15 AMI'm clearly not to blame for that...anyhoo, I learned that being a human is really hard to prove...snd did you guys actually think I was the mayor?
-dont worry about trying to be proven human. just look for wolves.

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 31, 2016, 06:03:31 AM
Spoiler
Actually, that's not at ALL how it happened. I started bringing my PC to school, and in English, we got put in a group for a project as something for finishing Julius Caesar. I pulled up Office Word (where the summary was kept) so I could take notes and develop a master list for the project (it's a talk show, mind you). Well, I already had the Summaries up, but I thought I had them scrolled down enough to where no one would see anything. I went to open up a new file, and there were the roles. Of course, I didn't say "Hey, Brainy, would you like to see the roles?". Instead, he saw me getting on my PC, and he HAD to see what I was doing (probably thought I was playing World of Goo or something). And you can imagine how the rest of the story goes:
He watches as I pull up Office Word, and then he gets robbed of his lunch money.
Wait, that ending is off. No, it ended by him seeing the roles and everything that I thought weren't showing in the first place, else I would've said something to him. Of course, I could have been a bit more careful, but I was 99.75572763960348763498% sure they weren't going to be displayed when I went to open a new file.
[close]
I don't mean to sound like everything was your fault.

at least its good to know what happened in that regard.

Brainy, there's this thing called game integrity (why I spoke out.) even if you come across it accidentaly, you still have to upfront it that you were put in an advantageous situation over the overs. Just integrity reasons, keeps the spirit of the game pure.

BrainyLucario

That's why I never said it to anyone. I was going to play out the game as usual, and probably die (in game) with those secrets.

mikey

speaking of integrity reasons ::)

It didn't turn out to be as bad as I first thought but it definitely turned it from Noc/BDS/Davy to BDS/Davy, which davy didn't know, so he "cleared" BDS by going after me.  I could have seen a reroll in that situation, but I thought it would be best to start a different game with lower complexity rather than try the same game again
unmotivated