News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Quote of the Day

Started by shadowhunter301, April 30, 2016, 10:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 03, 2016, 09:22:22 AM"What can you do ... against the lunatic who is more intelligent than yourself, who gives your arguments a fair hearing and then simply persists in his lunacy?"
Give up. I deal with this on a regular basis.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

shadowhunter301

Whoo! Sorry for the major delay's. Apparently the thread's title was broken, so let's get it fixed up. This quote was very interesting for me. What do you guys think?

May 16, 2016: "Those who do not appreciate life do not deserve life."
-John Kramer

Personally, I'm for both sides. If you do not appreciate something, why have it in the first place? If you don't appreciate life, is it worth having life? If you don't appreciate your parents for what they do, is it even worth having a parent?

But, no one can choose whether they are born or not. It is all about to the parents and people born from a broken home didn't choose to have that kind of life.

I think in the end, life is so fragile and precious, everyone deserves life, even if they don't appreciate it.
Thoughts?

braix

What if you just don't appreciate life in general? That gives you no reason not to kill anybody you want to.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

shadowhunter301

That's true. You give an interesting point.

Dudeman

Yes, it definitely follows that if you don't appreciate life, you're allowed to go on a murder spree. :P

I don't think it's up to any one person to decide who deserves life or not. I know this quote is more on a philosophical level, but really. If someone doesn't "appreciate" life, that's their own problem.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

But define appreciating life for me. Does it refer to appreciating breathing, or does it refer to a more social aspect of "life"? Or is that all just up to interpretation?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

shadowhunter301

In the context of the quote, John Kramer is talking to a person about what it means to be alive and how people take life and people for granted. So, I guess the social aspect of life, being alive.

shadowhunter301

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
― Marilyn Monroe

No truer words had been spoken.

mikey

I've always disliked that quote
unmotivated

braix

I strongly dislike this mindset with every inch of my soul. "Deal with me because this is how I am" is so self-centered and lazy. If you're selfish impatient and out of control, fix it.
Besides, nobody cares about your best when you're always at your worst.
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

shadowhunter301

Isn't it basically saying: "Accept me as I am?"

Pianist Da Sootopolis

To me there are mixed messages. I don't think Monroe would be the kind of person to just say "eh deal with it".
On the one hand, there's the subtle message of "sometimes shit happens to me and you'll have to deal with it", which is kinda meh, but IMO the other (far more important message) is that people can't always be perfect and that if you're gonna leave a person during the bad times then you shouldn't get to just come back into their lives when it's all better again.
what is shitpost

braix

"Accept me as I am", yet you do nothing to change. If someone with this mindset told me to accept them as they are, screw that I'm not going to care. Show me some effort that you're trying to change. I'm not going to just deal with your extremely flawed personality while you do nothing. That's just forcing all the work on me. Better to just not deal with you at all
I can deal with your bad side as long as needed if you're trying to get better

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: shadowhunter301 on May 17, 2016, 03:20:42 PM"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
― Marilyn Monroe

Agreeing with Braix and Noc here. The general tone of this quote has always given me the impression that the so-called "best" isn't exactly something to look forward to, at least in light of the "worst."
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

Yeahhhhhh, this quote does have that tone of "I'm better than all of you, even at my worst, so you need to get over it and submit to me." My sister has that exact same outlook on life... And she's only a 3rd grader.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]