News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Accidental export problem with Finale 2014

Started by Sebastian, May 23, 2016, 04:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Google isn't helping, so I decided to ask here.

When I export a 2014 musx file to a 2012 mus file, the hidden accidentals in the second layer become visible.

Musx (before export)
Spoiler
[close]

Mus (After export)
Spoiler
[close]

Any help would be great!

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

There are 3 ways I know how to hide them.

1. They automatically hide in Finale 2014.

2. Highlight said measure. Go to Utilities and click "Respell Notes."

3. Staff Tool > Redisplay accidentals in other layers within measures.

All 3 of these ways work, but when I export, this happens:
Quote from: Sebastian on May 23, 2016, 04:39:42 PMMus (After export)
Spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

Here's a fourth and more reliable way:
Use there accidental tool in the special tools palette, and double click the square click box that appears on the accidental in question (I would do this to the later two duplicates). You're going to want to select a new symbol for that accidental, so select a blank option and it will appear invisible.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 23, 2016, 05:34:04 PMHere's a fourth and more reliable way:
Use there accidental tool in the special tools palette, and double click the square click box that appears on the accidental in question (I would do this to the later two duplicates). You're going to want to select a new symbol for that accidental, so select a blank option and it will appear invisible.
Well, I'll be darn. It worked. Thanks!
I'm gonna go ahead and write that down for next xD

Olimar12345

Np. This way the program still thinks it's displaying an accidental and won't screw up when exporting or anything.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Sebastian on May 23, 2016, 04:39:42 PMWhen I export a 2014 musx file to a 2012 mus file, the hidden accidentals in the second layer become visible.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's because (based on what you said) that Finale 2014 has a tool/method to hide accidentals, where Finale 2012 does not. I've always used the accidental mover tool to move the first one right on top of the second, but it's an unreliable method compared to what Olimar offered.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

That is correct! That is one of the few things that they added to 14, so there is a good chance that is why it isn't working properly.

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sebastian

Quote from: JDMEK5 on May 24, 2016, 07:19:26 AMI'm not 100% sure, but I think it's because (based on what you said) that Finale 2014 has a tool/method to hide accidentals, where Finale 2012 does not. I've always used the accidental mover tool to move the first one right on top of the second, but it's an unreliable method compared to what Olimar offered.
Yeah. I guess that feature isn't very useful unless everyone has Finale 2014 xD