Dekkadeci's Compositions

Started by Dekkadeci, June 11, 2016, 09:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dekkadeci

This may be my weirdest piece yet harmony-wise--the second movement of my incomplete piano sonata, "Cosmos", is finally here! "Moon" depicts the moon in all its solemn, alien glory using bizarre, slow chord progressions.

Brassman388

Dekkadeci

Here's my first waltz, Waltz No. 1 in B Minor! I'm surprised how easily this one came to me.

AmpharosAndy

I always enjoy listening to your compositions and the waltz is no exception! Your cheeky style makes me smile :D
innit

Dekkadeci

Like boss themes? Wonder how my first time using quartal harmony turned out? Listen to Four Can Fight At This, a theme for difficult bosses!

Latios212

Wow, this sounds really neat - nice job! (I think I really like quartal harmony...)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dekkadeci

Let's see how many times my latest piece surprises you: Deceptive Little Bagatelle uses only deceptive and imperfect cadences until its last bar! It's also my first woodwind quartet piece, and the sound balancing for it was surprisingly hard.

Dekkadeci

Here's both my first tango and my first piano-&-non-piano duet: Tango No. 1 in G Minor! How well did I do balancing the piano and bass clarinet parts?

BlackDragonSlayer

Whenever I see this topic and think about clicking it, the following thought pops into my head: "Do I want to feel musically inadequate today?" Yet here I am.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Brassman388

The tango is pretty good, but I wish musescore had a better clarinet soundfont. I tried importing it into finale, but that didn't quite work either.

I may try again later.

Dekkadeci

Here's my first musical setting: Song on "Hippo's Hope", based on the poem by Shel Silverstein! Actually, you can sing the poem to only about half this piece (not the C major-like sections), but I did try to cover all 3 of that poem's endings in it! ...Yeah, most of this piece is years old.

Dekkadeci

Like later level themes? Then you may like Summer Field, a theme for a...well...summery field level! Those kinds of levels tend to pop up later in the game. This piece is also part ostinato use practice....

Dekkadeci

Likely not what you expect from this thread, but Torn-Wing Butterfly is my first piece initially written for heavy metal band! Good old verse-chorus form, and this is a deceptively fast metal ballad....

Dekkadeci

Like etudes? Then you'll enjoy practicing your triplets with my newest piece, Etude in C Minor ("Wilde Jagd")! Actually, I composed the outer theme and some of the central theme on an earlier version of Finale Notepad, and let me assure you, being unable to change the key signature and tempo midway through the piece definitely sucked....

Dekkadeci

Fonder of my earlier compositional style? Well, this is yet another one of my pieces that I started years ago on Musescore 1 but finished this year: Scherzo Oscuro!