The Official Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Project

Started by Latios212, July 16, 2016, 06:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onionleaf

Quote from: Libera on September 29, 2018, 07:32:37 AMOnionleaf:

Oreburgh Gate
This looks pretty good so far.  Some comments from me:
  • We should get rid of these alternating 8vas and 15vas.  The best way to do that would be to just put a note at the start to play the right an octave above.  (And then another note of course at bar 34.
  • In bars 51-54 I don't hear the alternating C# D# in the bass.  It just sounds like C#s to me.
  • This is a comment for the whole piece: the spellings look funny in places to me.  For example in bar 14-17 we have Gns that should probably be written as F##s.  I'd have another look at the accidentals (maybe consider doing the piece in flats instead?) but if you're not sure we can probably sort something out.
  • Speaking of bar 14-17, the left hand sounds a little inaccurate to me.  I'm hearing:
    Spoiler
    You cannot view this attachment.
    [close]
    (that's how I chose to do the accidentals here since the chord in bar 14 is just a D# major chord.)
  • In bar 19 and 23 the right hand As sound like A#s to me.

Hope that helps and if you have any questions ask.

Hi there, thanks for reviewing my sheet. I agree with the points that you've made and have made these corrections. I recall receiving some helpful suggestions a while back to correct the accidentals, so it may be that I simply missed updating m 14-17. I'm not very experienced with the theory behind accidentals and whether or not F# minor would be an appropriate key to use, so feel free to adjust my sheet if you feel it needs improvement. :)

Links: MUSX and MUS

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

Still have a lot to do, waiting on arrangers for some. Chipping away at it in between other things.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Looking at how well the Smash update did as a test run for an update with a deadline, I'd like to experiment with setting more short-term goals and milestones for us to reach to help finish this project off.

Stay tuned!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on May 09, 2018, 04:03:04 PM41 - Battle! (Team Galactic) - JDMEK5

Great work! I do have some relatively minor comments, though.
  • Things seem a bit pushed towards the top of page 2. I'd recommend lowering everything a bit since you've got ample space at the bottom. Also think about perhaps decreasing space between LH/RH staves here since it's not being used.
  • Could we resolve the melody to a high A flat in measure 35 instead of including the lower E flat in the right hand? That voice really wants to finish ascending from the G natural. Similarly, I think it would be best to include the lead-in to the next section at the end of m. 41 (repeated C flats leading into the D flat).
  • How about just extending the 8va over m. 43-44?

I see only reason with all your suggestions. I have updated the file in the dropbox folder with the edits.

Quote from: Latios212 on May 09, 2018, 04:03:04 PMJust a stylistic point here, but what would you think about filling in the chords a bit more in the climax at m. 47 and 49 for a more powerful effect?
I think I left them out because what I had was exactly what was in the original, but I do like your idea way better so it is done.

Just adding this in since I was the last to post here anyways:

Pokémon D/P: Battle! (Team Galactic Commander) - [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

Hey all,

This probably won't come as a surprise (or really affect anyone at all), but in two weeks time we'll stop taking submissions for sheets that aren't replacements. In the coming weeks we'll reformat the OP and take stock of what remains to be done between the sheets already submitted and the replacements that we still need.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

I've reformatted the OP after taking a look at the current status of each sheet with Libera. Now it's clearer what needs to be done with each sheet. I've removed some sheets from the project (you can still find then in the Dropbox folder) that were either waiting for a while for the arranger to respond or still otherwise need significant work. Each of those sheets is by a currently inactive arranger who has free submission slots anyway to submit them if they do end up getting fixed up sometime.

Now, taking count of the items in the list, there are 5 currently accepted sheets, 38 sheets waiting to be checked/accepted, 15 unfinished replacements we need, and 6 sheets that we need to follow up with the arranger to confirm the status of. That puts us at about 60 remaining sheets so we will move forward with the plan made last year with the remaining 3 parts of the 4-part update containing about 20 sheets each. We'll put an update up once we reach about 20 sheets accepted.

Let me know if the status of anything is inaccurate. It's time to [really, this time] get started on finishing putting this project to rest!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Approved: Pt14 - Spin Trade - Sebastian

Started going through 123 - Contest Hall but only fixed the formatting so far

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Checked two:

10 - Victory! (Wild Pokémon) - Th3Gavst3r [Approved by Latios]
16 - Pokémon Center (Day) - Yug Guy [Approved by Latios]

The latter needed a few note fixes here and there, which I adjusted. Both are good to go.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Went through:
19 - Trainers' Eyes Meet (Lass) - Don Valentino [Approved by Latios]
21 - Victory! (Trainer Battle) - AmpharosAndy [Approved by Latios]

Also:
41 - Battle! (Team Galactic) - JDMEK5 [Latios]
Quote from: JDMEK5 on December 27, 2018, 10:52:57 PMI see only reason with all your suggestions. I have updated the file in the dropbox folder with the edits.
Awesome! Going through it one last time now, a few more things:
- Any reason why the main part isn't written in F minor (like the vs. Commander sheet)?
- Header info on pages 2-3 is outside the margin (as well as the footer on page 1)
- https in URL
- m. 37: typo? Fbb --> Fb
- I think we should spell m. 52/54/56/58 the same way with either En or Fb in the RH of all of them.
- I'd suggest extending the slur from m. 24 to the note it's tied to in m. 25.
Not really finding anything else, looks great :P

Continuing down the list and working on going over Eterna Forest next.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Sorry I kind of dropped off of the face of the earth when it comes to this project; I'm back now, anyway.

32 - Battle! (Gym Leader) - Th3Gavst3r [Approved by Libera]

I changed the url to read https and also it looked like you only changed bar 64, rather than 64 and 66, so I added that in change in for you.  Approved from me.

Quote from: Onionleaf on October 06, 2018, 10:51:44 PMHi there, thanks for reviewing my sheet. I agree with the points that you've made and have made these corrections. I recall receiving some helpful suggestions a while back to correct the accidentals, so it may be that I simply missed updating m 14-17. I'm not very experienced with the theory behind accidentals and whether or not F# minor would be an appropriate key to use, so feel free to adjust my sheet if you feel it needs improvement. :)

The changes look good.  From my end it's just the accidentals left to deal with.  I'll let you know when I've come with something regarding that (this piece is really weird.)

8 - A Surprise at the Lake - AmpharosAndy [Approved by Libera]

Fixed this one up for formatting and some minor note/accidental fixes.

Sebastian

Accepted

8 - A Surprise at the Lake - AmpharosAndy
14a - The Pokémon Lab (Two Pianos) - Latios212
19 - Trainers' Eyes Meet (Lass) - Don Valentino
55a - Trainers' Eyes Meet (Hiker) (Duet) - Don Valentino
119a - Trainers' Eyes Meet (Artist) (Duet) - Don Valentino

Dekkadeci

41 - Battle! (Team Galactic) - JDMEK5
Actually, I'm wondering why you opted for a 6-flat key signature (for E flat minor) instead of A flat minor's 7-flat key signature. I hear this theme as being in A flat minor/G sharp minor, regardless of the bassline's tendency to play F minor-like stuff. If anything, this piece has Phrygian tendencies (so it has a better excuse to have a 4-sharp key signature).

(The only bars that initially stuck out to me wrong, it turns out, are actually probably correct according to the original theme.)

Libera

60 - Valor Lakefront (Day) - Th3Gavst3r

-The A in bar 20 (right hand) should be an A#.
-The bracketed left hand notes in 31 onwards aren't present in the orignal, which is, I assume, why you have bracketed them.  But I'm not sure why they're there at all?
-The Eb and Gb in bar 2 make more sense as D# and F# (E9 chord) and also helps to avoid concurrent Ebs and Ens.  This goes for bar 6 as well.
-The chord in bar 12 sounds like an extension of F# to me, so the Bb should be written as an A# and I think the Dn is actually a C#.  There's a similar thing going on at bar 28, so change those spellings accordingly (and also change the Bb -> A# and Fn -> E# in the right hand to match).
-The Fn in bar 11 in the left hand should be an E# as it's going into F#.
-Some of the lower ties in bars 1-8 look a little funny.  Maybe flip them or adjust them a little?
-I think the swing in 'Relaxed Swing' shouldn't be capitalised?
-The B in the left hand of bar 4 sounds like an A# to me.  Seems like it's just a regular F#7 chord rather than any sus stuff going on.
-The chord in bar 16 is A7 rather than Amaj7 although there is a G# in the melody at that point.  So the G# in the chord in the right hand should really be a Gn.
-I think there's also an A# in the left hand chord in bar 20, but if you think that's too many fingers I guess it's alright to leave out.
-My favourite thing: http to https.

Might seem like a lot, but it's really just all about the harmony.  It's a really nicely arranged sheet in general.

74 - Trainers' Eyes Meet (Ace Trainer) - Don Valentino [Approved by Libera]
99 - Trainers' Eyes Meet (Aroma Lady) - Don Valentino [Approved by Libera]

Just made some minor adjustments to these.

Libera

80 - Route 201 (Night) - Latios212

Only got two comments:

-In bar 7 and 9 in the second half of the bar you've got an open chord rather than the original which is a full C chord.  My suggestion would be to add the part in that's playing those Es like this:
You cannot view this attachment.
but something else might work as well.
-Once again, my favourite, http to https.