News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaluigiTime64

ROCKBOARD. You put ROCKBOARD in there. Sadistic.

Also I would've gotten #8 if it was the song when the pigs were actually moving, because that's what I would always hear. (I spent way too much time on that game).
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mikey

unmotivated

Dekkadeci

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on May 13, 2017, 08:57:54 PM
Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 13, 2017, 08:50:05 PM
Quote from: Dekkadeci on May 13, 2017, 08:47:50 PMShoot, the only one I get is #1b. Given its sheer brevity and speed, is that supposed to be one that's just being mean?
Doubt it, because that one's still very obvious.
Bingo.
By "Bingo", do you mean mastersuperfan is correct or I am?

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Latios212 on April 05, 2017, 09:42:48 PM>___> can we not make this game into an obscure-a-thon

Not that it's bad to make it difficult but if no one can get any of the melodies, or if they're just tricks, then it's no fun for anyone

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 05, 2017, 09:48:28 PM"Lol I purposely made this impossible, y'all suck"

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 05, 2017, 09:51:11 PMI, uh... won?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dudeman

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 13, 2017, 09:23:21 PM#1

Spoiler
[GBA] Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 - "World-e"

I submitted this sheet last year. Pretty catchy world map, if you ask me, even if it is 4 measures long.

Latios212 guessed this correctly.
[close]
GODDAMMIT I KNEW THIS ONE
I KNEW THIS ONE
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
Quote#4

Spoiler
{JP} [NES] Wily & Right no RockBoard: That's Paradise - "Megalopolis"

This was arguably my most obscure one in this quiz. Also, as Dudeman promised, he would recognize any Mega Man song, EXCEPT --

He now owes me a little something...

I'll just accept 1,000 Wii Points; that will work best. :)

No one got this one... not even Dudeman.
[close]
ROCKBOARD DOESN'T COUNT, NOTHING JAPAN-ONLY COUNTS, HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW STUFF THAT WASN'T RELEASED IN THE WEST
I will not honor my 10 dollar bet for games that nobody has played. That includes all the Rockman mobile games, Super Adventure Rockman, etc. etc. etc. ad infinitum. You should be ashamed of yourself. This is downright exploitation.
Quote#6

Spoiler
[3DS] Paper Mario: Sticker Star - "Haunted Enigmansion"

Don't you guys dare complain about this melody just because it's from a game that wasn't the PMTTYD sequel everyone wanted. This is my favorite level in the game, and contains a wonderful tribute to Waltz of the Boos from Super Mario Galaxy. This game has great music.

No one got this one... and no, I did not accept Waltz of the Boos.
[close]
Oh, FUCK you, man, you knew everyone would guess Waltz of the Boos. Boooooooooooo, bad choice.

And the rest? Obscure. Seriously man, except for Kirby 64 and Undertale, nobody has played these. For the founder of this quiz, you really need a few lessons in how to construct a good one.

And you're still not getting that 10 bucks. Fuck Rockboard.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

InsigTurtle

Dudeman

[5/13/17, 10:13:35 PM] mastersuperfan: lmao Insig
[5/13/17, 10:13:51 PM] Dudeman: holy shit
[5/13/17, 10:13:58 PM] Dudeman: I think I coughed up a lung I laughed so hard
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

isn't Cl one of the ones that pairs with itself
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

smh Noc see the little arithmetic symbols floating above the letters
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Dudeman on May 13, 2017, 10:11:25 PM<angry post>
Woah. I don't think I've seen this much anger in a single post from you. Granted, it's justified, but woah.

Can't wait for someone to post a quote to make my comment meaningless.

Maelstrom

This was stupid.
It just was. Yet again, someone has one upped me in obscure stuff.

WaluigiTime64

Things are heating up. Also if you feel like it, you can also guess which two are the cruel ones, but there's no bonus for it.

Dekkadeci

Me replying to vaguely off-topic stuff:

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 13, 2017, 10:16:10 PMisn't Cl one of the ones that pairs with itself
That's actually correct--Chlorine is often found as a Cl2 two-atom molecule. It is highly reactive and lethal to bacteria, though...

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 13, 2017, 11:10:24 PMThis was stupid.
It just was. Yet again, someone has one upped me in obscure stuff.
I'm thinking of lifting my (current) second quiz's restriction of "only from series with at least one song on www.ninsheetmusic.org" in my third quiz forward, though your quote is my new mental note to myself to not put in music from obscure games I've played (or at least games with obscure music) such as Bust-a-Move DS, Mushroom Wars, and Candy Crush Saga.