News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

Triweekly Quiz Schedule v1.2

Hey, you! Yeah, you! Do you LOVE memorizing soundtracks? Are you a master at naming video game songs, even when only presented with the melody. Well, if any of these apply to you, THIS IS YOUR QUIZ! The goal of this somewhat biweekly quiz is to expand the knowledge of video game music for everyone, including myself.

Rules:

- You may list your guesses once per melody quiz
- If no one can list them all, make whoever had it the closest the winner
- When hosting a quiz, try limiting the melody count to 20, please
- "Can't" win? Keep trying! I won't favor any common winners!

Obscurity Levels (Most to least, 5-1)

Mega Man

Quote from: Dudeman on May 16, 2017, 01:10:11 PMOrder of obscurity from most to least:
Eastern-only release on an obscure console (Rockman & Forte 2)
Eastern-only release (Wily & Light's Rockboard)
Obscure localized release (The Power Battle/Fighters, Battle & Chase, The Wily Wars)
Localized release on a less popular console (GB Mega Man titles)
Everything else

Generally, it's a bad idea to go over level 3 with the Mega Man games. Try not to.

Here's the first one ever:

3.17.17 Melody Quiz.mus

Goodluck! ;)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

ThatHiddenCharacter

You should make a midi so that people on mobile can play. I'm not seeing my computer til tomorrow.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Dudeman

Well, this could be fun. My one concern is what's to prevent someone from taking someone else's answer if that person knows one of the melodies and the answerer doesn't? I'd suggest PM's, maybe?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

LeviR.star

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 17, 2017, 08:55:58 PMYou should make a midi so that people on mobile can play. I'm not seeing my computer til tomorrow.

Good suggestion; I'll do that.

Quote from: Dudeman on March 17, 2017, 09:10:42 PMWell, this could be fun. My one concern is what's to prevent someone from taking someone else's answer if that person knows one of the melodies and the answerer doesn't? I'd suggest PM's, maybe?

PMs sound like a good idea. I'll edit in the rules, Again, good suggestions, people. :)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mastersuperfan

I swear I've heard #2 before...

Other than that, though, #5 is the only one I recognize.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Maelstrom

I know more VGM than most like the back of my hand, but I don't know a single one of those. Granted, most of that is stuff no one else on here knows, so that may be part of it.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 19, 2017, 08:30:28 PMNow I feel like doing one of these myself...
Chat with Levi about the possibility of co-hosting, set up a schedule for different days of the week? (Just a suggestion.)

For this round I was only able to get the first one (and the fifth one, but I recommended that to Levi).
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dudeman

And I felt bad for missing one of them. Looks like MVP goes to this guy, I knew all of them except #4
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

I'm in favor of providing only PDFs heh I'd love to quiz myself based on the score alone (and yeah, I'm usually on mobile so I can't see these currently)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Dudeman on March 19, 2017, 09:47:01 PMAnd I felt bad for missing one of them. Looks like MVP goes to this guy, I knew all of them except #4
#4 is the only one I knew.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Zeila

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 19, 2017, 09:52:24 PMI'm in favor of providing only PDFs heh I'd love to quiz myself based on the score alone (and yeah, I'm usually on mobile so I can't see these currently)
It already exists

But anyways I think there really should be a midi or pdf file instead too. Or if you really want you can have some combination of all three

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.