News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

._. The fact that I made my quiz super difficult and reading these comments is reaaaaally making me want to withdraw.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Maelstrom

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on April 06, 2017, 05:21:47 PMWithdraw; I don't have the time to change it.
You could just ask to change places. I'm sure someone else has one that's nearly done and can temporarily take your place.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 06, 2017, 06:36:09 PMYou could just ask to change places. I'm sure someone else has one that's nearly done and can temporarily take your place.

*hint hint wink wink nudge nudge*
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

So we can finish before Saturday, all guesses are due 24 hours from this post. Then I'll post answers.

No need to have OST track titles or whatever, just as long as you show me you know what song it is. I'll message back if any wrong guesses.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

Ehhhhh I'm a true least going in the back of the line. Probably still going to withdraw.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Answers! As promised, no curveballs; everything is Nintendo IP, and well-known ones, at that.

Boss Battle Song 2 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Timestamp: 0:02

Tabuu's battle theme. The one I thought would be most widely recognized.
[close]
Battle! (Reshiram/Zekrom) - Pokémon Black and White

Timestamp: 0:18

Plays when battling Reshiram and Zekrom. Also valid: Kyurem's similar battle theme.
[close]
End of All (Sky/Land/Below) - Fire Emblem Fates

Timestamp: 1:44

Plays during the final boss battle of any route.
[close]
Aquatic Race - Super Mario Galaxy

Timestamp: 0:40

Plays when racing in Loopdeeloop/Loopdeeswoop Galaxy. Also valid: Chimp Challenge from Super Mario Galaxy 2. Thought this one would be marginally harder than the others but I guess not lol.
[close]
Nintendo 3DS eShop

Timestamp: 0:06

Good old eShop.
[close]

Winner is mastersuperfan, who has the first perfect score in this game! Congrats!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

...that's not the eShop theme I'm familiar with
seriously WHAT is that I don't recognize it

I would have recognized #4 I think if you had started it from 0:07
unmotivated

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mastersuperfan

Ayyyyyy

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 07, 2017, 08:07:50 PM...that's not the eShop theme I'm familiar with
seriously WHAT is that I don't recognize it

Guess you were just unlucky enough never to load the eShop when the default music was playing lol

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 07, 2017, 08:07:50 PMI would have recognized #4 I think if you had started it from 0:07

That's the point--everyone's played SMG, but only those who know the OST really well will get #4 right away. I was pretty close to giving up myself, but I knew I'd heard it somewhere before. That's what makes a good melody in this game.

E. Gadd Industries

Wait, so you can start from anywhere in the song? That changes things...
Anyhoo, I've picked out my 5 songs. Who wants to switch with me to give me more time to redo my quiz? (Also, does anyone want to try their hand at my original quiz before I scrap it?)
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dekkadeci

Am I the only one who thought #4 resembled the Oompa Loompa song (well, a major-key version), and that's why it sounded familiar enough?