The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

i thought the repeat sign was an alto clef at first and i almost died inside

Dekkadeci

Finally, I recognize 4 songs out of 10, or 40% of the songs in a quiz I didn't make! (Admittedly, it took me a while to figure out where one of the melodies was from. I had to figure out which series could get away with that instrumentation and melody combo.)

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Maelstrom

Can confirm that there is a 3 way tie for first. Only one song remains unguessed: #6.

Maelstrom

ANSWERS:
Unless otherwise noted, timestamps are the main theme of the song, and it's pretty obvious.
1 (6/8)
Credits Part 2 - Mario Kart Wii
The most correctly guessed by far. I also took Luigi Circuit as I didn't realize how close they were to each other.
[close]
2 (1/8)
Saturos Battle - Golden Sun
Timestamp: 0:34
Probably one of the hardest ones. Kudos to Dekka for being the only one to correctly guess it.
[close]
3 (2/8)
That Person's Name Is - Bravely Default
Timestamp: 1:39
[close]
4 (5/8)
U.N. Owen Was Her? - Touhou 6: Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil
Timestamp: 0:45
Note: the original is intentionally off key so I used the same key as on site.
[close]
5 (4/8)
Dangerous Dinner - Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Intended as one of the easier ones.
[close]
6 (1/8)
Surface of SR88 - Metroid II: Return of Samus
Also would have taken "Tunnel Theme." Congrats to Oli for being the only one to get it.
[close]
7 (3/8)
Running Hell - Cave Story
Timestamp: 0:23
[close]
8 (1/8)
La Danse Macabre (Lich Yard) - Shovel Knight
Timestamp: 1:35
Ok, so this one may have been a bit too far into the song, but at least someone (MSF) got it
[close]
9 (1/8)
Dracula's Castle - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Despite this being a classic, Yug Guy was the only one to recognize it.
[close]
10 (1/8)
Undersea Palace - Chrono Trigger
Timestamp: 0:50
Despite it being Chrono Trigger, only Static got this one right.
[close]

THE RESULTS:
Spoiler
THREE WAY TIE
Dekka, Latios, and MSF all were able to guess 4 correct songs!
Congratulations!
[close]

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

Tonight's 10-melody quiz will be a little late tonight, guys. Sorry, I've been busy.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: mastersuperfansuffering from melody quiz withdrawal :(

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Don't worry, folks; the 10 melodies have been chosen! I have arranged 2; the other 8 will be arranged tonight.

By the way, Dudeman; how much did you say you were willing to bet that you'd recognize any Mega Man song from this quiz?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

10 bucks, if memory serves. Although I will throw in the caveat that I'm less likely to know something from Battle Network, Star Force, or Legends.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dudeman on May 04, 2017, 11:09:49 AM10 bucks, if memory serves. Although I will throw in the caveat that I'm less likely to know something from Battle Network, Star Force, or Legends.

Then you should be good. It's from none of those sub-series.

LeviR.star

Attention: due to complications, this week's Wednesday round is cancelled. I should have mine done on Saturday, after my Large Group Music Contest. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.