News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Pokémon Ultra Moon

Started by SlowPokemon, June 06, 2017, 07:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of these games' announcement?

I'm really excited!
I'm cautiously optimistic.
I'm still undecided.
I think it sounds pretty stupid.
I'm angry about it.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Waddle Bro on June 10, 2017, 11:43:57 AMultra sun and ultra moon going to be the best pokemon games to date remember black and white 2 just watch

Basically my thought

When have Game Freak ever made a bad mainline Pokémon game
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

They've made 5 or 6 generations of bad Pokemon games
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dekkadeci

Probably significant: The trailer has shots of the protagonist wearing an angular, black-and-white ring, reminiscent of the Necrozma extensions on "Solgaleo" and "Lunala". Let's call it the "Ultra Ring". The ring is shown near shots of "Solgaleo" and "Lunala".

(I've read a person's speculation on Smogon that "Solgaleo" and "Lunala" could, in fact, be extra Necrozma forms. Or they could be Kyurem-Black-style fusions, and at this point, I'm less certain which Pokedex numbers (Solgaleo's, Lunala's, or Necrozma's) they'll use. Guess my new fringe theory is that "Solgaleo"/"Lunala" could be trying to give birth to another Necrozma, but then there's the "Ultra Ring" mucking up this prediction...)

DocDoom2

I understand why many people are upset over this game, but for me it's really too early to tell since practically nothing of substance has been revealed about the games.
I will agree that the 'reveal trailer' for the game was pretty bad though. Almost worse that Sun and Moon's tbh.
If they are going for a B2W2 thing again I'll be really excited, since Black 2 was the first game I played, and it greatly improved on the originals.

Quote from: Dekkadeci on June 10, 2017, 02:03:47 PMThe trailer has shots of the protagonist wearing an angular, black-and-white ring, reminiscent of the Necrozma extensions on "Solgaleo" and "Lunala". Let's call it the "Ultra Ring".
I'm so glad I'm not the only person who noticed that it was different from a Z-Ring!
I also noticed that besides looking different than a Z-Crystal, the trainer rotates the said crystal, something that they don't do in the animation for Sun and Moon (from what I can remember).
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

Altissimo

tbh - controversial opinion - i dont think pokemon has ever "actually gotten better" since about gen 4 or 5 because game freak intentionally, purposefully removes helpful features from the new games in order to make the games that come out afterward seem more appealing by contrast

SlowPokemon

Trasdegi posted about it in the General Pokémon thread, but we might as well use this thread since we have it. Anybody have any thoughts about Lycanroc Dusk Form?

K-NiGhT

Not a fan at the moment. They tried to just put both forms together. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another form that's just a recolor of Midnight form with Middays hair.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Nebbles

It looks like Lysandre's fursona. Not a fan.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

I always thought male Pyroar was like expressly created to be Lysandre's fursona

May or may not be the reason I always go for female Litleo

Nebbles

Hm, then it's the Alolan form of his fursona.

mastersuperfan

I get that they tried to merge the two forms together, but the end result is a Lycanroc form that looks too much like the Midday form and doesn't feel very unique. Not what I would've liked to see revealed.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

SlowPokemon

I agree. At first glance, other than the coloration I couldn't tell what was different from the midday form.

Nebbles

This also did nothing for my increasing worry about the game, too. We don't know anything about these games, and all we got are some.... interesting forms. These games drop in November. We need info.